Windows 10: Local account - drive locked out

Discus and support Local account - drive locked out in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi all, I had windows 10 home edition which was linked tk my Microsoft account. I created a local account by accident and then managed to get rid... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SteWidji, Dec 2, 2019.

1. SteWidji Win User

Local account - drive locked out

Hi all,

I had windows 10 home edition which was linked tk my Microsoft account.

I created a local account by accident and then managed to get rid of it from my laptop.

Had no issues only until i installed windows 10 pro on a new hard drive and now i cant access folders and email account as it says i dont have access even though i have used the same email account.

Can someone help me please ?

:)

SteWidji, Dec 2, 2019

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Dec 2, 2019
  3. Louie Del Win User
    Locked out of local account

Hi,

If your local account in Windows 10 got locked out, it’s possible that the Caps Lock was enabled when you typed in your password or there are some special characters that are entered accidentally.

To isolate your concern, we’d like to know if there were any changes or
    updates made on your computer prior to the issue that you’re having with signing in to Windows.

Also, have you tried rebooting your computer if it will resolve the issue? How did it go?

In case that you’re getting the same result, then the next step would be
    resetting your Windows 10 local account password.

Feel free to post back with an update after performing the suggested steps.

Louie Del, Dec 2, 2019
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Local account - drive locked out - Similar Threads - Local account drive

2. Locked out of local administrator's account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of local administrator's account: I'm currently logged out of my local administrator account and I don't know the password to it. It seems there is no way to reset it from a non-administrator account and I don't have a password reset disk. I need to be able to have administrator access for work but can't make...
  3. Locked out of local administrator's account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out of local administrator's account: I'm currently logged out of my local administrator account and I don't know the password to it. It seems there is no way to reset it from a non-administrator account and I don't have a password reset disk. I need to be able to have administrator access for work but can't make...
  4. Locked out of local administrator's account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Locked out of local account on desktop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked out of local account on desktop: I turned on my home desktop which had only ever used a local account yesterday and saw 2 account sign in choices. I was suspicious of being hacked so tried to add a picture icon to my local account. Once set windows asked me to create a sign in password. I immediately chose...
  6. Locked out of local account on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of local account on desktop: I turned on my home desktop which had only ever used a local account yesterday and saw 2 account sign in choices. I was suspicious of being hacked so tried to add a picture icon to my local account. Once set windows asked me to create a sign in password. I immediately chose...
  7. Locked out of local account on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Locked out of local administrator account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Locked out of local administrator account: Window Version 1803 My Windows 10 local account has been locked out on a stand-alone offline computer. It is the administrator account and the only account on the PC. I cannot get back in as the account lockout duration was set to "0" - permanently locked until administrator...
  9. Locked out of local administrator account

in Windows 10 Support
    Locked out of local administrator account: Window Version 1803 My Windows 10 local account has been locked out on a stand-alone offline computer. It is the administrator account and the only account on the PC. I cannot get back in as the account lockout duration was set to "0" - permanently locked until administrator...
  10. Locked out of local admin account on WIN 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Locked out of local admin account on WIN 10: I woke up and attempted to login to WIN10 machine. Received "incorrect password".. Is there any solution out now? I do not believe to have a MS account/email attached to this user name, therefore I'd rule out the sign-in with MS account. Thanks for your assistance....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to access user locked from another user in the same drive

2. privazer locked out drive