Windows 10: Local Account for sign-in. Microsoft now sending alerts.

Discus and support Local Account for sign-in. Microsoft now sending alerts. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Okay, so I changed to Local User Account so I could get rid of the login requirement that I neither want nor need. Now, though, Microsoft tells me... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by rosawoodsii, Jan 9, 2021.

1. Local Account for sign-in. Microsoft now sending alerts.

Okay, so I changed to Local User Account so I could get rid of the login requirement that I neither want nor need. Now, though, Microsoft tells me regularly that there's something wrong with my Microsoft accont. Of course, if I click on "fix it", I'd go back to the login prompt I don't want, which I won't do.

How do I get rid of the nagging "something's wrong with your Microsoft account" messages? I don't want to delete the account because sometimes I have a legitimate need to access Microsoft.

Winver 2004

:)

rosawoodsii, Jan 9, 2021

2. sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Jan 9, 2021
  3. CSMR(2) Win User
    Signing into Onenote app converts local account to microsoft account

Steps:

• Sign into a local account
    • Open the OneNote app (tablet not desktop app)
    • Sign in to this app with a Microsoft account
    The local account is then converted into a Microsoft account with that identity.

This is wrong and unexpected behaviour as no indication is given that the sign in is for the whole of windows rather than just OneNote.

It is also hard to revert.

I am guessing that other apps may exhibit the same behaviour.

In fact I don't understand how an app (which is supposed to be sandboxed and secure) can change user account information.

CSMR(2), Jan 9, 2021
  4. Local Account for sign-in. Microsoft now sending alerts.

"Sign in with local account" button is not working.

Hi,

Failure to sign in to your local account can be related to how the user permission is configured on your device. To effectively assist you with your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Which Windows build version is running on your device? Type winver
      in the search box and press Enter to help you identify.
    • Have you made any recent changes on your device prior to your concern?

As an initial step, we suggest that you create a new user and check if you'll be able to sign in to your local account from there. To create a new user, you can follow the steps provided on this

link

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Jan 9, 2021
Thema:

Local Account for sign-in. Microsoft now sending alerts.

1. Local Account for sign-in. Microsoft now sending alerts. - Similar Threads - Local Account sign

2. I signed into Local account from Microsoft account and now I can't link my local account to...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I signed into Local account from Microsoft account and now I can't link my local account to...: Hello everyone,My issue started when my Onedrive was no longer syncing with my Microsoft account. The Onedrive seemed to have been deleted from my account and I tried various solutions to reinstall and link it again. Although I was able to re-download it, I wasn't able to...
  3. I signed into Local account from Microsoft account and now I can't link my local account to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I signed into Local account from Microsoft account and now I can't link my local account to...: Hello everyone,My issue started when my Onedrive was no longer syncing with my Microsoft account. The Onedrive seemed to have been deleted from my account and I tried various solutions to reinstall and link it again. Although I was able to re-download it, I wasn't able to...
  4. I signed into Local account from Microsoft account and now I can't link my local account to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. I signed into Local account from Microsoft account and now I can't link my local account to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. I signed into Local account from Microsoft account and now I can't link my local account to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. I signed into Local account from Microsoft account and now I can't link my local account to...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  8. Sign in with local account or Microsoft Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign in with local account or Microsoft Account: What are the advantages of signing into my Win 10 PC using a Microsoft account versus I have been using a local account. What do I gain by using the Microsoft account?...
  9. Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?: Hi all, Im curious and interested to know how the rest of Tenforums members sign in to their laptops/PC's? In my case I only have one device with Windows 10..and thats my laptop. My only other device is a Smartphone which is Android. Im always trying to decide which is the...
  10. Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?: Hi all, Im curious and interested to know how the rest of Tenforums members sign in to their laptops/PC's? In my case I only have one device with Windows 10..and thats my laptop. My only other device is a Smartphone which is Android. Im always trying to decide which is the...