Windows 10: Local account is listed as a guest account as well

Discus and support Local account is listed as a guest account as well in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm currently trying to restore administrator access to my local account. Activating the built-in admin account is not working, and I've also learned... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SpiringMovie, May 9, 2022.

1. Local account is listed as a guest account as well

I'm currently trying to restore administrator access to my local account. Activating the built-in admin account is not working, and I've also learned that my local account is listed as a guest account as well. Editing in Regedit won't work, and there's only one account on this computer. However, only default windows accounts show up when doing net users in recovery CMD. I would like to refrain from completely resetting my laptop, so I was wondering if there's any way I could restore admin access to my account.

:)

SpiringMovie, May 9, 2022
  2. Vesao Win User

How to remove Guest account?

Try these steps and you should be able to delete the guest account:
    1. Press the WIN + X keys and select "Command Prompt (Admin)" from the Quick Access menu.
    2. At the Command Prompt, run this command: Code:
      Code:
      net user Guest /del

Vesao, May 9, 2022
  3. tsram90 Win User
    How to remove Guest account?

Try these steps and you should be able to disable the guest account:

1. Press the WIN + X keys and select "Command Prompt (Admin)" from the Quick Access menu.
    2. At the Command Prompt, run this command:

Code:

tsram90, May 9, 2022
  4. StephanP Win User

Local account is listed as a guest account as well

Create (alternative) Guest Account in W10 Home?

Apparently, Windows 10 Home does not quite support Guest accounts.
    Yes, one can activate the internal Guest account with net user Guest /active:yes
    But then it does not show up in the log in screen, or it does show up, but nothing happens when you enter it.

Is there a way to create an alternative guest account?
    E.g.
    • Create a local account (not associated with an e-mail address or Microsoft account)
    • Somehow give it the characteristics that mimic the Guest account as we used to know it
      Note: W10 Home does not provide User Group Management
      • Advanced Registry tweaks?
      • PowerShell script?

StephanP, May 9, 2022
Thema:

Local account is listed as a guest account as well

1. Local account is listed as a guest account as well - Similar Threads - Local account listed

2. Local account is listed as a guest account as well

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local account is listed as a guest account as well: I'm currently trying to restore administrator access to my local account. Activating the built-in admin account is not working, and I've also learned that my local account is listed as a guest account as well. Editing in Regedit won't work, and there's only one account on...
  3. Local account is listed as a guest account as well

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local account is listed as a guest account as well: I'm currently trying to restore administrator access to my local account. Activating the built-in admin account is not working, and I've also learned that my local account is listed as a guest account as well. Editing in Regedit won't work, and there's only one account on...
  4. Guest Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Guest Account: How do I create a solo "Guest Acct" where I have family or friends can use it openly? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/guest-account/4b142ba3-7cb0-4129-8118-55938015394d
  5. Guest account

Guest account: How do I add a guest account? The activate user command syntax given in a 2015 response is not correct. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/guest-account/53ac58a3-2342-4cd5-a6ea-391734922c21
  6. Guest account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Guest account: How so I add a Guest account to my PC? When I go through Settings/Accounts/Other People, I get the message that I can't use a "snapin" with this edition of Windows 10, and that I must use the User Accounts too in the Control Panel. When I try that, it simply opens the...
  7. Guest Account

Guest Account: Recently I did a reset of my computer. It activated an inbuilt Guest Account. The account is not working properly. The start and search buttons are not responsive. It works fine in my own admin account and another ordinary account I created. How do I disable the inbuilt...
  8. Guest account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Guest account: I asked this before but was unable to view any replies. My friend has a small business. He allows patrons to use his computer. Someone goes into settings and turns off the security and updates. How do I make an admin account for him with a password, and then make an open...
  9. Guest account

Guest account: My friend has a small business. He has a computer (Windows 10) that he often lets patrons use. Someone changes his settings and turns off security. I'd like to help stop this problem. Can I set him up an account as admin with a password, then set up a guest account with no...
  10. Guest account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Guest account: How do I enable the guest account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/guest-account/b9b128b8-31bb-4c65-99b7-77d4e23190f1"