Windows 10: Local account log in problem - "Signing Off" endless loop

Discus and support Local account log in problem - "Signing Off" endless loop in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Recently upgraded my Toshiba Satellite NB 10A-laptop from Windows 8.1 to Win 10 and have been logging in via my Hotmail account. Went to settings to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by lvr181, Jan 19, 2016.

1. lvr181 Win User

Local account log in problem - "Signing Off" endless loop

Recently upgraded my Toshiba Satellite NB 10A-laptop from Windows 8.1 to Win 10 and have been logging in via my Hotmail account. Went to settings to set up Local Account, completed the password settings. Then had the choice to Sign Off or Cancel. Chose Sign Off (thinking Cancel would void my new Local Account) and now, for many hours, my laptop is locked into an endless loop of Signing Off. *Sad

Where to now? Any help would be appreciated thank you. *092

:)

lvr181, Jan 19, 2016

2. Signing Out in endless loop, Windows 10

I'm having the same problem. I tried to convert to a new local administrator from a Microsoft sign in and my computer is in an endless loop.

BrendaMcCrea, Jan 19, 2016
  3. Windows Hello face-unlock is asking me to set up a pin, but I've already done so. Why?

Do you have a local account on your PC?

MagnusAhrensbach, Jan 19, 2016
  4. rameshj Win User

lvr181 - I'm having this endless auto_sign_out loop issue (on my BRAND NEW Win10Pro notebook) after blasting an MS Acc. usr1, retaining the Users\usr1 folder, creating a Local Account usr1, using Reprofiler from IWR Consultancy to ASSIGN the Local usr1 to existing Users\usr1 folder.

Tried changing the passwd, checking caps-lock, trying fake passwd (to see that my hint is echoed) etc.. - nothing works.

Short of blowing away Users\usr1 and starting all over again, how does one resolve this issue - how did YOU - thanks!

rameshj, Feb 9, 2016
  5. lvr181 Win User
    In desperation I kept pressing the F8 key during the boot process and eventually the loop stopped and allowed me back into the computer again. I am wondering if there was an unannounced Windows update going on that was causing the loop. This endless loop has not re-occurred.
    HTH

lvr181, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Local account log in problem - "Signing Off" endless loop - Similar Threads - Local account log

2. Issue : Windows 10 endless loop - The Local Session Manager service failed the sign-in. The...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue : Windows 10 endless loop - The Local Session Manager service failed the sign-in. The...: HiMy PC rebooted in an endless loop,I have a blue screen which says "The local session manager service failed the sign-in. The RPC server is unavailable".Then the second screen informs me the pc will restart, once restarted it just attempts to log-in then loops again.I did...
  3. Issue : Windows 10 endless loop - The Local Session Manager service failed the sign-in. The...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Issue : Windows 10 endless loop - The Local Session Manager service failed the sign-in. The...: HiMy PC rebooted in an endless loop,I have a blue screen which says "The local session manager service failed the sign-in. The RPC server is unavailable".Then the second screen informs me the pc will restart, once restarted it just attempts to log-in then loops again.I did...
  4. Endless sign in loop in 'Advanced app settings'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Endless sign in loop in 'Advanced app settings': Hey community!I recently upgraded to Windows 11 using the 'Installation Assistant', which went really smooth. Only one nuisance: on every boot I see a notification asking me to log in. Clicking the notification takes me to 'Apps > Advanced app settings' and the second line...
  5. Endless sign in loop in 'Advanced app settings'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Endless sign in loop in 'Advanced app settings': Hey community!I recently upgraded to Windows 11 using the 'Installation Assistant', which went really smooth. Only one nuisance: on every boot I see a notification asking me to log in. Clicking the notification takes me to 'Apps > Advanced app settings' and the second line...
  6. Windows 10 Can't Sign In on PC with PIN - Endless Loops Upon Endless Loops

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Can't Sign In on PC with PIN - Endless Loops Upon Endless Loops: Big problem here. Let me first explain that I've tried every way possible to talk to someone at MS live via phone or web chat, but that doesn't seem possible anymore. I can't even request support from help.microsoft.com. I put in my issues in the field, it gives me links...
  7. Sign in - Endless loop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sign in - Endless loop.: I turn on computer and get the first splash screen, I hit enter so I can enter my password, however, this is we’re the problem starts. After I hit enter the screen that appears shows my user name but no rectangular box to enter my password. It just has the words sign in. I...
  8. Endless select account loop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Endless select account loop: Everytime i open my pc it goes to this screen and i can only choose my ’microsoft account’ or ’forgot your password or dont see your account’ and when i choose the password option it only lets me to restart the pc. When i choose my account it says my password is incorrect...
  9. Cannot change from windows 10 microsoft to local account. Endless loop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot change from windows 10 microsoft to local account. Endless loop: Running windows 10 home on an asus T100 TAF tablet which is dedicated just for playing music and films in my camper van through a surround system. So I dont want to have to log in and out of the thing everytime it powers down. Yet I cant remove the login and exhausted all the...
  10. Cannot change from windows 10 microsoft to local account. Endless loop.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot change from windows 10 microsoft to local account. Endless loop.: This is now my 2nd attempt each one taking hours and having me wade through all kinds of online information which leads me into a dead end loop. And all I want to do is not have to sign in on my windows 10 tablet. i.e. remove the logging in every time it sleeps, reboots or...