Windows 10: Local Account Login, Rewards Sign In, Top of Settings Window

Discus and support Local Account Login, Rewards Sign In, Top of Settings Window in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, We do not allow Microsoft account logins on our computers. We use local account login only. This is set by policy. After doing the latest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Highdown, Dec 3, 2020.

1. Highdown Win User

Local Account Login, Rewards Sign In, Top of Settings Window

Hello,

We do not allow Microsoft account logins on our computers. We use local account login only. This is set by policy.

After doing the latest update 2020-12-03, I have noticed that one of our laptops has an odd issue. It tries to force the user to use a Microsoft account to login and synchronize settings. It gives two options: Remind me later or Continue. It prompts the user each time the computer is restarted.

However, synchronization is disabled for all of our devices in group policy, so this message shouldn't be appearing.

Today, a series of messages appeared at the top of the Settings window, as shown in the image below. Can someone please provide assistance in correcting the behavior. I am happy to make the appropriate changes to the registry of that will fix this issue. I have tried restarted multiple times, but these top three links always appear in the settings box.

Clicking on any of the three links at the top of the screen causes a momentary flicker and a screen briefly appears then disappears, but none actually do anything. It appears to be hung up in an odd mode. In addition, the user that logged in has closed out his reward account, so that should also not be appearing.

Regards...

Local Account Login, Rewards Sign In, Top of Settings Window 4d9c7ebc-8671-4840-b2e3-007e4574ba4f?upload=true.jpg

:)

Highdown, Dec 3, 2020
  2. joelshort Win User

Login screen presents both local and MS account sign in

I set up a new tablet with windows 10 and began with a Local account so I could choose my user name. Then I signed in with my MS account to sync settings.

When I start the tablet the login screen asks for my pin. I want to be able to automatically login without entering a pin or password. To do that I use netplwiz and uncheck the option to require a password for login. So far so good.

But when the tablet restarts I am presented with a login screen that now shows two accounts, my MS account and what appears to be a local account but with the same name. If I then reverse the process and enable the "require a password" option in netplwiz there is only one account shown on the login screen but then I have to use a pin or password.

How do I remove that second local account on the login screen and then login automatically? There is only one account listed in the user account settings page.

joelshort, Dec 3, 2020
  3. Use a Local user Account to login to Windows 10 PC

Hello Vojta,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that you want a Local user account to login to your computer.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to convert the Microsoft Account you are using to a Local Account.

• Sign in to your Microsoft account.

• Click Start and then PC settings.

• Click Users and accounts and under your Profile select “Sign in with a local account instead ” option.

• Enter the required details.

• Type in a Username, Password, and Password Hint that you want set for your Local account and click
      Next. Click on Sign out and Finish button.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further assistance, we would be happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Dec 3, 2020
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Dec 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Local Account Login, Rewards Sign In, Top of Settings Window - Similar Threads - Local Account Login

2. Clean install, local account. How to remove the Microsoft Rewards icon from the settings?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clean install, local account. How to remove the Microsoft Rewards icon from the settings?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Schbourf [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kccv3e/clean_install_local_account_how_to_remove_the/
  3. Not properly signed out in admin account and can’t login in local account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Not properly signed out in admin account and can’t login in local account: Hi, I was doing a window update and the update was not going smoothly The only option I left is to create another local account and do the update While I was still doing the update repeatly clicking the update button even tho it wasn’t able to update and also creating a...
  4. Sign in with local account or Microsoft Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign in with local account or Microsoft Account: What are the advantages of signing into my Win 10 PC using a Microsoft account versus I have been using a local account. What do I gain by using the Microsoft account?...
  5. windows local account login poblem

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows local account login poblem: [ATTACH] when I try to change my sing in method as a local account instead of Microsoft account this error was display. how can I fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-local-account-login-poblem/67fe6338-85a6-46ad-b2ed-74fffb3747a0
  6. Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?: Hi all, Im curious and interested to know how the rest of Tenforums members sign in to their laptops/PC's? In my case I only have one device with Windows 10..and thats my laptop. My only other device is a Smartphone which is Android. Im always trying to decide which is the...
  7. Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?: Hi all, Im curious and interested to know how the rest of Tenforums members sign in to their laptops/PC's? In my case I only have one device with Windows 10..and thats my laptop. My only other device is a Smartphone which is Android. Im always trying to decide which is the...
  8. Local account and signing into Windows Store

Local account and signing into Windows Store: I used a local account, not my Microsoft account, when signing into my computer when it had Windows 8.1, and that's also the case after installing Windows 10. When I try to sign into the Windows Store with my MS account, I get a message that says "sign into this device for...
  9. Login screen presents both local and MS account sign in

Login screen presents both local and MS account sign in: I set up a new tablet with windows 10 and began with a Local account so I could choose my user name. Then I signed in with my MS account to sync settings. When I start the tablet the login screen asks for my pin. I want to be able to automatically login without entering a...
  10. OneDrive and Local Account login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive and Local Account login: Can I acces OneDrive with the desktop app even if logging into my computer with a local account? I know this wasn't possible on Windows 8/8.1. Thanks. 11996

Users found this page by searching for:

1. rewards sign in windows settings