Windows 10: local account password not working

Discus and support local account password not working in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I cannot get into my Hello screen. Forgot password... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Lynnro, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Lynnro Win User

local account password not working

I cannot get into my Hello screen. Forgot password

:)

Lynnro, Jan 17, 2020
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jan 17, 2020
  3. Forgot Local Password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and reset the password for the local account and check.

• Login in to your Microsoft account.

• Press Windows logo key + X key.

• Select Computer Management.

• Click on Local user and group.

• In the right window pane, double click on user’s folder.

• Right click on local user account and select set password and follow the on screen instructions.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jan 17, 2020
  4. local account password not working

Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

local account password not working

1. local account password not working - Similar Threads - local account password

2. Local Accounts Forgotten Passwords

in Windows 10 Support
    Local Accounts Forgotten Passwords: I will describe my situation as best I can. I don't know what I did to get into this situation. Please be gentle with me. I'm not 25 anymore and in the intervening years since I was 25 I have killed a lot of braincells as decribed in the Baggar Vance movie. I am a one man...
  3. Forgotten Local account password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forgotten Local account password: Hi , I forgot my local account password on my laptop ,, how can i change it ,, as no option for forgot password ,, can you help thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgotten-local-account-password/dc5c1f71-6ad9-499d-a51c-1735b2dbb1b6
  4. How do password hints work for local accounts?

How do password hints work for local accounts?: I had to reset my PC and I had to set up a local account that had administrator privileges however, the other account that I am currently signed into does not have administrator privileges. When signing into the local account I attempted to sign in via the password hint...
  5. Password reset for local account

Password reset for local account: I changed the password on a local account and can not log in. How can I reset it if I can not get past the sign on screen? If I try the reset password option, it tells me to insert a USB drive. I did not set up the computer in the beginning, and no reset disc was made. Can I...
  6. Issues with local account password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Issues with local account password: I have an issue with my account on my PC. When I look at the account under manage my accounts the account shows up as a Local Account, but when I attempt to convert it to a Microsoft account under Accounts there is no option to do so. It looks like a Microsoft account...
  7. Reset Local Account Password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Reset Local Account Password: After a power glitch, Windows did not recognize my local password anymore Although I have been able to login using my Microsoft account password, I would like to be able to login locally again. How to achieve that? I have only found ways to reset the Microsoft account...
  8. Local Account - Password Required

Local Account - Password Required: Someone Help Me??? During the Local account changing process(From Microsoft Account). I have changed my username from existing one to new one and i leave the password fields as empty. After the completing the process. i restarted my laptop and i try to re-login. Now password...
  9. Lost password (local account)

Lost password (local account): Hello - I have been using a local (non-microsoft) account to sign in to my laptop. I set a four digit pin a few months ago because it's easier to remember and use - however - I have forgotten my actual password. *Sad A month or so ago, I attempted to use the 'netplwiz'...
  10. Local Account Password changed

Local Account Password changed: Hi, I have linked my Windows 10 app store to a BT provided email address. After rebooting it has asked me to login. It has changed my local account from my name to my BT email address and asking for a password. This is not my normal password and has seemed to link my BT...