Windows 10: local account pin

Discus and support local account pin in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I've forgotten the pin/password for my local account, how do I recover it... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Derfnam808, May 28, 2020.

1. local account pin

I've forgotten the pin/password for my local account, how do I recover it

:)

Derfnam808, May 28, 2020

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, May 28, 2020
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, May 28, 2020
  4. local account pin

Account Pin -not sign in pin

Thank you for the clarification, Marcos. Please provide more information by answering the following:

• May I know if your child has his own Microsoft account?
    • Is he using his own Microsoft account to log in to the PC (PC where you want to install the game - let's name it PC 2) or is he using a local account?
    • Is it a standard user account or an account with admin rights?
    • If your child does not have a Microsoft account, whose account is logged in to PC 2? Is it your own Microsoft account?
    • Which Windows edition is it? Is it Windows Home or Pro?

Sorry about the list of questions. However, knowing these details will help us figure this out.

Please note that the Windows Store Licensing Model allows you to install apps across a number of devices and users. Windows 10 Store apps will be limited to 10 device installs using the same Microsoft account. However, before you can actually share
    your apps, there are a few things you need to do first.

If you are logged in to PC 2 using your own Microsoft account and not a local account, you will be asked to enter the PIN you set up for PC 2.

local account pin 7dbfca3a-95bc-40bd-b086-3f972996a27c?upload=true.png

You mentioned that you have created a PIN but it's not helping. Are you getting an error when entering the PIN? If so, can you send a screenshot of the error? If you are certain that you're using the correct PIN, I suggest deleting
    everything within the NGC folder and try to add a new PIN. Deleting this folder often resolves PIN issues in Windows 10. Please follow these steps:

1. Open File Explorer and browse to this location: C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC
    2. Delete everything within that folder. To do so, you must be logged in as an administrator.
    3. Go to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in Options.
    4. Click Add a PIN and add a new PIN for your account.

If you continue to have this issue even after performing the above steps, please reply to this thread. The system will notify me so I can get back to you and provide you more answers.

Aileen Alf, May 28, 2020
Thema:

local account pin

1. local account pin - Similar Threads - local account pin

2. No option to log into local account with PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No option to log into local account with PIN: I cannot log into my desktop computer Windows 10 with my PIN. It was working find, but after relocating the computer and turning it back on, it no longer gives me an option to use my PIN to log in and I can't remember the password. When I select reset my password, it takes me...
  3. log in with pin on a local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    log in with pin on a local account: I am currently trying to change my already set pin on windows 10, and windows is not allowing me.My computer has always had a local user, I purposely never used a logged in account because most of the time I do not want a password on my pc at all.A while ago I set a pin as my...
  4. log in with pin on a local account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    log in with pin on a local account: I am currently trying to change my already set pin on windows 10, and windows is not allowing me.My computer has always had a local user, I purposely never used a logged in account because most of the time I do not want a password on my pc at all.A while ago I set a pin as my...
  5. log in with pin on a local account

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. local account pin forgotten

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    local account pin forgotten: I set a local Account password along with a picture password and a pin but sadly i forgot the password and pin and i didnt set a reset disk i can only unlock through picture password as i only remember picture password . to even reset they ask me for the local account...
  7. local account pin forgotten

in Windows 10 Gaming
    local account pin forgotten: I set a local Account password along with a picture password and a pin but sadly i forgot the password and pin and i didnt set a reset disk i can only unlock through picture password as i only remember picture password . to even reset they ask me for the local account...
  8. local account pin forgotten

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Windows Hello PIN - On local accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello PIN - On local accounts: Hello Community,Windows Hello PIN has been used mainly on Microsoft accounts, but I've seen it to local accounts. It works the same, type in your PIN. You can also select password, but still the same....
  10. Windows Hello PIN - On local accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Hello PIN - On local accounts: Hello Community,Windows Hello PIN has been used mainly on Microsoft accounts, but I've seen it to local accounts. It works the same, type in your PIN. You can also select password, but still the same....