Windows 10: Local account problems

Discus and support Local account problems in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; So I got my PC back in 2017 and little me forgot to note the password to my computer. I am now trying to reset it but I can't do so without the local... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Maxime Burchard, Mar 27, 2021.

1. Local account problems

So I got my PC back in 2017 and little me forgot to note the password to my computer. I am now trying to reset it but I can't do so without the local account password that I do not have.

The help but doesn't understand my question and I cannot find how to contact Microsoft directly.

Anyone know how to solve this?

:)

Maxime Burchard, Mar 27, 2021

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Mar 27, 2021
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Mar 27, 2021
  4. Local account problems

Local vs Network user accounts

I just did a VM install, just to verify that I don't speak total crap.

Steps I took:

1. Installed Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 15063.0
    2. Entered the License Key
    3. Created a local account
    4. Went to accounts and added my Microsoft account
    5. Let Windows use this account for all apps
    6. Checked status on Microsoft account web page.
    7. Verified that the VM shows up there
    8. deleted my VM locally
    9. created a new VM installation without entering the License Key (on same VM but totally new Virtual disk)
    10. re-did steps 3-7
    11. verified that my VM is activated.

And indeed it is activated and I login to my VM using local account which is linked to my MS account. Local account problems :)

Should I create a Video of this or do you trust my word on it? Or better yet test it yourself if you have a valid license key you can waste on a VM.

slicendice, Mar 27, 2021
Thema:

Local account problems

1. Local account problems - Similar Threads - Local account problems

2. Problem changing for a local account to a Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem changing for a local account to a Microsoft account.: Hello, I just set up Windows 10 on my new laptop, but when I finished the set up and started to use it in the settings my account was labelled as a Lokal account. When I click on login I only get a error message that there was a problem with nothing else. It’s seems like the...
  3. Problem changing for a local account to a Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem changing for a local account to a Microsoft account.: Hello, I just set up Windows 10 on my new laptop, but when I finished the set up and started to use it in the settings my account was labelled as a Lokal account. When I click on login I only get a error message that there was a problem with nothing else. It’s seems like the...
  4. Problem changing for a local account to a Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Local Account Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local Account Problem: I am trying to create a local account but the OS is not letting me. Why? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-account-problem/dda5d756-8c26-4465-a073-b5d6f3c72201
  6. Problem with local account displaying as if it were a Microsoft account

Problem with local account displaying as if it were a Microsoft account: My wife signs into her office computer with a local account. This is verified by looking at the User Accounts section of Control Panel, where the account is labeled as Local. However, when she goes to settings > accounts > your info, it looks like Windows is confused about...
  7. Problems creating local account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problems creating local account: Hi everyone My Colleague has a new Dell laptop and it windows 10 professional but his unable to create a local account Creates the account either through add new user or manage adding username password etc but when he logs out and back in he cannot see the new user when...
  8. Problem with local account for work versus Microsoft Account

Problem with local account for work versus Microsoft Account: Hello. When lockdown began and I started needing to work from home, I created a separate local account/profile on my laptop. I share my laptop with my husband so wanted a profile to use for work where only I have the password. I did NOT want to use or create a Microsoft...
  9. Win10 - Password Problem on local account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 - Password Problem on local account: I never used a password on my Win 10 but wanted to set one up today. Problem is that I need to type in my old password, which I didnt even know I had. My Pc always just booted to my desktop, I never had to type in a password. I am using a Local account if that matters. It...
  10. Problems with Local (NOT Microsoft Account) Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problems with Local (NOT Microsoft Account) Password: 1. There is no option to change the password when I press CTRL-ALT-DELETE. 2. When I try to change the password using Windows 10 Settings, I can only change the password to my Microsoft account, not the password I use to log into the laptop. 3. My account is an...