Windows 10: Local account still requires password

Discus and support Local account still requires password in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I set up my pc using a local account not a Microsoft account. I then ran netplwiz and unticked "users must enter a user name and password to use this... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Uplander, Aug 27, 2020.

1. Uplander Win User

Local account still requires password

I set up my pc using a local account not a Microsoft account. I then ran netplwiz and unticked "users must enter a user name and password to use this computer". This having been done, it generally boots up without the need for a password; however, on a regular basis it will bring up the password screen when starting the computer for the first time. If I click on restart (as opposed to entering a password) it invariably boots up the second time without asking for a password. I should add that it never happens when coming out of sleep.

This is more irritating than problematical but I wonder if anyone has any idea why it should happen?

Thanks for any thoughts.

:)

Uplander, Aug 27, 2020
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Aug 27, 2020
  3. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Aug 27, 2020
  4. Local account still requires password

Local Account - Password Required

Someone Help Me??? During the Local account changing process(From Microsoft Account). I have changed my username from existing one to new one and i leave the password fields as empty. After the completing the process. i restarted my laptop and i try to re-login. Now password required to Login. Kindly help us to further proceed.

vincentjosephl, Aug 27, 2020
Thema:

Local account still requires password

1. Local account still requires password - Similar Threads - Local account still

2. Microsoft user account logs locally but online requires a password reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft user account logs locally but online requires a password reset: I have been assisting an elderly gentleman who has a PC with a user account tied to his Microsoft account. He was scammed over two weeks ago, the attacker had remote access to the PC and since then his PC user account has been requiring that he verify his account. When he...
  3. Microsoft user account logs locally but online requires a password reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft user account logs locally but online requires a password reset: I have been assisting an elderly gentleman who has a PC with a user account tied to his Microsoft account. He was scammed over two weeks ago, the attacker had remote access to the PC and since then his PC user account has been requiring that he verify his account. When he...
  4. Microsoft user account logs locally but online requires a password reset

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Two local accounts are required, is this possible?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Two local accounts are required, is this possible?: I was asked to set up a new desktop which came with Windows 10 Pro 20H2, registered the owner with Microsoft and this allowed me to set up the local administrator account. But I also need a local user account. This is a group computer with everyone uses the same user...
  6. Two local accounts are required, is this possible?

in Windows 10 Support
    Two local accounts are required, is this possible?: I was asked to set up a new desktop which came with Windows 10 Pro 20H2, registered the owner with Microsoft and this allowed me to set up the local administrator account. But I also need a local user account. This is a group computer with everyone uses the same user...
  7. Local account still requires password

in Windows 10 Support
    Local account still requires password: I set up my pc using a local account not a Microsoft account. I then ran netplwiz and unticked "users must enter a user name and password to use this computer". This having been done, it generally boots up without the need for a password; however, on a regular basis it will...
  8. Login to windows 10 requires local account not Microsoft account password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Login to windows 10 requires local account not Microsoft account password: My Windows 10 account was converted from a Local account. When I log on to the account I have to give the old local account password, not the Microsoft account password. How can I change this so as to use the Microsoft account password instead?...
  9. Local Account - Password Required

Local Account - Password Required: Someone Help Me??? During the Local account changing process(From Microsoft Account). I have changed my username from existing one to new one and i leave the password fields as empty. After the completing the process. i restarted my laptop and i try to re-login. Now password...
  10. Lost password (local account)

Lost password (local account): Hello - I have been using a local (non-microsoft) account to sign in to my laptop. I set a four digit pin a few months ago because it's easier to remember and use - however - I have forgotten my actual password. *Sad A month or so ago, I attempted to use the 'netplwiz'...