Windows 10: Local account stuck to wrong email address

Discus and support Local account stuck to wrong email address in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, this is a fun one and I have yet to find a solution. I miss the days of only local accounts on PCs before Microsoft accounts started getting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mistaken4strangerz, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Local account stuck to wrong email address

Hello, this is a fun one and I have yet to find a solution. I miss the days of only local accounts on PCs before Microsoft accounts started getting mixed up with them.

1. Wife's laptop was on a local Windows 10 account.
    2. Son logged into Xbox app to play Minecraft or something, with his own Microsoft account.
    3. Wife's local user account now has Son's email address under it, and I get weekly Microsoft reports of my wife's laptop usage like I'm supposed to be getting from Son's laptop.
    4. Since this is a local account, I can't find any way to unlink his email address / Microsoft account and get it completely removed from Wife's laptop.
    5. I logged into Son's Microsoft account and removed Wife's laptop, but that has not fixed the issue of Son's email address being linked to Wife's laptop. And now it looks like Wife's laptop has reappeared in son's Microsoft account web page, next to his actual laptop.
    6. Under Email & Accounts on Wife's laptop, son's email / Microsoft account is there and I want it gone. No way to remove it that I have found.

Any ideas?

submitted by /u/mistaken4strangerz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mistaken4strangerz, Oct 23, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Oct 23, 2020
  3. wrong email address on login and can't change it to a local login. the email that comes up is not associated with an MS account

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I will certainly help you with this.

To change the email address you need to first convert the Microsoft user account to local account and then again switching it back to Microsoft User account using different email id. To do so kindly follow the below given steps:

Disconnecting the account:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Provide password and click on Next.
    • Provide the details and click on Sign out and Finish.
    Sign in with the local account and follow the below given steps.

Reconnect with new Microsoft email id :

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Provide New Email id and password that you want to add.
    • Provide the details and click on Sign out and Finish.
    Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Ravindra Kamath, Oct 23, 2020
  4. Local account stuck to wrong email address

Can't Verify Account in Windows 10 because it displays wrong email address

Hi,

In this case, I would suggest you to switch your account to a local user account and then sign in with the new Microsoft email address. In the start menu, click on 'Settings' and then click on "Accounts". In the "your accounts' section click on the option
    'Sign in with a local user account instead'. Now restart the PC and follow the same steps to switch it back to Microsoft user account. This time, when switching login with the new email address and check if the issue persists.

Bennet Martin, Oct 23, 2020
Thema:

Local account stuck to wrong email address

1. Local account stuck to wrong email address - Similar Threads - Local account stuck

2. delete wrong email addresse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    delete wrong email addresse: i have a wrong e mail with my account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-wrong-email-addresse/aaf517b8-0e20-4ffa-9002-8210b8430171
  3. delete wrong email addresse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    delete wrong email addresse: i have a wrong e mail with my account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-wrong-email-addresse/aaf517b8-0e20-4ffa-9002-8210b8430171
  4. delete wrong email addresse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Wrong Microsoft account email address

Wrong Microsoft account email address: I was trying to help set up my girlfriends Lenovo lab top and I used an incorrect email address for the administrator Microsoft account.I tried setting up an e mail account with that user name and it has been taken.It has not been verified.Can I change the administrator...
  6. Wrong Microsoft account email address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong Microsoft account email address: I was trying to help set up my girlfriends Lenovo lab top and I used an incorrect email address for the administrator Microsoft account.I tried setting up an e mail account with that user name and it has been taken.It has not been verified.Can I change the administrator...
  7. Wrong email address for signing in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong email address for signing in: I'm signing into my account everywhere using a personal email address me@mydomain which is set as my primary and only sign-in alias at account.live.com/signinpreferences. But, when I go to account.microsoft.com/profile under account info, it insists that my other *** Email...
  8. Wrong email address for signing in

Wrong email address for signing in: I'm signing into my account everywhere using a personal email address me@mydomain which is set as my primary and only sign-in alias at account.live.com/signinpreferences. But, when I go to account.microsoft.com/profile under account info, it insists that my other *** Email...
  9. Wrong Email Address

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wrong Email Address: M/Soft is telling me I need a fix to the system. When I try to accept it, M/Soft tells me they sent an email to *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. There is no such email address or company that I know of. I need M/Soft to use the correct email address. Please help....
  10. Wrong email address

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wrong email address: I restored my computer programs and when setting starting windows I made a mistake with my email address which actually belongs to someone else. When starting my computer I apparently have the wrong pin number and password. While tryin trying to recover them they send the...