Windows 10: Local account to administrator

Discus and support Local account to administrator in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello all, Somehow, I've set up my laptop as local account instead of administrator *Redface*Redface Unable to make changes as I don't have... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Take a guess, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Local account to administrator

Hello all,

Somehow, I've set up my laptop as local account instead of administrator *Redface*Redface

Unable to make changes as I don't have administrator rights.

I'm the only user on this PC, is it possible to change local account to administrator?

Do you want to make changes to this PC only shows "NO" there is no "Yes" selection.

I don't have rights to do a factory reset (which I'd rather not do)

:)

Take a guess, Dec 3, 2018
  2. Shahjahan Win User

Deleting an Local Administrator Account

Hello Thanks for your reply, I red the article and followed the steps within my capacity, however still having the same problem technically I do not see the delete link at the Administrator Account like it is at the other one...So confusing pls check the image - Thanks
    Local account to administrator [​IMG]

Local account to administrator [​IMG]

Shahjahan, Dec 3, 2018
  3. simrick Win User
    How to revert local account to administrator acc.

Hello. I am not sure I understand the question. Let me see:

• You had an administrative account (local, not MS).
    • You changed this administrative account to a limited account.
    • You want to change the limited account back to an administrative account.
    • You have another administrative account, but you don't know the password.

Is this correct?

You must be logged into an administrative account in order to give administrative rights to a local account.

Does another user of the computer know the password to the administrative account?
    Did you create a password reset disk for the administrative account?

simrick, Dec 3, 2018
  4. Local account to administrator

Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

Local account to administrator

1. Local account to administrator - Similar Threads - Local account administrator

2. Local Account Lenovo Administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local Account Lenovo Administrator: i bring my laptop from where i bought itlenovo store and they fix it by restarting or reformat windows because i have a problems with blue screen and slow opening. i have a problem i cant sign in my account....
  3. Local Account Lenovo Administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Account Lenovo Administrator: i bring my laptop from where i bought itlenovo store and they fix it by restarting or reformat windows because i have a problems with blue screen and slow opening. i have a problem i cant sign in my account....
  4. Local Administrator account will not login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Local Administrator account will not login: A new local non-Microsoft account was just created with a new password in Windows 10. When the login screen comes up from "Switch users," and the new account name and password are entered, the account will not login. Both the user name and the password have been updated and...
  5. Local Administrator account will not login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Administrator account will not login: A new local non-Microsoft account was just created with a new password in Windows 10. When the login screen comes up from "Switch users," and the new account name and password are entered, the account will not login. Both the user name and the password have been updated and...
  6. Local Administrator account will not login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. LOCAL ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT CREATED

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    LOCAL ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT CREATED: Hello, There is a third account Which I can assure you i never made named "Administrator" and it is the local admin, so it has full control over my computer, not me. There are many things that do not work because of this. This "new" administrator has also changed the...
  8. account in the Local Administrators group

in Windows 10 Customization
    account in the Local Administrators group: I am unable to create Account in the Local Administrators group I have tried power shell but not worked checked YouTube for creating in but got no help. What should I do...
  9. Local Account Convert to administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Local Account Convert to administrator: my laptop was newly by and I change my account to local account from administrator then now my administrator was hidden I try several method of change CMD or Local user and Group etc all time it’s not allow to access and it shown below Massage I want to back may same...
  10. Deleting an Local Administrator Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Deleting an Local Administrator Account: Hello I have bluntly created an local administrator account, and when I have logged in with that new account I do see my original AC as an administrator and gives me an option to remove that ac..However When I login with the old account I do not see the newly created ac...! I...