Windows 10: Local Account

Discus and support Local Account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am having problems with creating a local account. Thanks. [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DavidCamilleri1, Nov 26, 2020.

1. Local Account

I am having problems with creating a local account. Thanks.

Local Account 79bdc011-ed00-4ddc-908d-48ac239bc287?upload=true.jpg

:)

DavidCamilleri1, Nov 26, 2020

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Nov 26, 2020
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Nov 26, 2020
  4. Local Account

Local vs Network user accounts

I just did a VM install, just to verify that I don't speak total crap.

Steps I took:

1. Installed Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 15063.0
    2. Entered the License Key
    3. Created a local account
    4. Went to accounts and added my Microsoft account
    5. Let Windows use this account for all apps
    6. Checked status on Microsoft account web page.
    7. Verified that the VM shows up there
    8. deleted my VM locally
    9. created a new VM installation without entering the License Key (on same VM but totally new Virtual disk)
    10. re-did steps 3-7
    11. verified that my VM is activated.

And indeed it is activated and I login to my VM using local account which is linked to my MS account. Local Account :)

Should I create a Video of this or do you trust my word on it? Or better yet test it yourself if you have a valid license key you can waste on a VM.

slicendice, Nov 26, 2020
Thema:

Local Account

1. Local Account - Similar Threads - Local Account

2. How to link digital licence to Microsoft account on a local user account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to link digital licence to Microsoft account on a local user account: I have a new computer with Windows 10 Pro. It is activated. I log in to the computer with a local account, let’s say username “pen” and password “paper”. In activation settings, there is an option to link a Microsoft account to a digital licence. I did this and it said it...
  3. Network Computer - Local User Account is not seen in Users folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Computer - Local User Account is not seen in Users folder: I have 2 Windows 10 Pro computers: - one is Surface Pro version 2004 - one is Dell Venue Pro version 20H2 When accessing either computer on the network, the "Users" folder does not show the user's local account. For example: The account "hjhop" is not seen. Same thing...
  4. My Local User Account Name

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Local User Account Name: I want to set up a local user account named 'Roger". It is important that I use that name and no other. Unfortunately, I set it up once before and then deleted it for a reason that I won't go into.. So I tried to set it up again a few days later and it will not allow me to...
  5. Adding my Microsoft account as a backup login profile after creating local admin account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding my Microsoft account as a backup login profile after creating local admin account: Please be kind, as I'm an old dog trying to learn new tricks. LOL I've read that it's ideal to have a Microsoft account login set up to access my laptop, plus a local admin account for backup purposes in case the main Microsoft account becomes corrupted. I've done that on...
  6. A new local account appeared on windows ten.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A new local account appeared on windows ten.: Hello, I just noticed for the first time that a local account called "Robin Hood" appeared among my accounts on windows 10. When I tried to delete it, I was told the user would have to log out. I then restarted the PC and deleted the account, but a few minutes later, in...
  7. How to remove Microsoft account from local account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remove Microsoft account from local account?: I signed in once to get some apps from the store and now it seems like it’s impossible to sign out. I can’t seem to find any option anywhere in the system that lets me just... sign out. I’m at my wits end here. It seems like such a simple thing to do. On Apple devices, you...
  8. Account Unknown user account from Local type

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Account Unknown user account from Local type: Hello MS Community! - I'm having some issues regarding users on my PC, the problem basically is that there are 4 " Account Unknown " in my users profile all of them has different sizes, I'm currently only got 1 active account which I'm logged in and use as my main also,...
  9. Services that log on as local system account cannot complete HTTP requests

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Services that log on as local system account cannot complete HTTP requests: [ATTACH] I have an application that is installed for the computer, it installs a service which runs as the local system account. It collects data from the device and publishes the data to an IoT service in AWS. The same application works perfectly fine on 400 other...
  10. Windows 10 laptop unable to create local account guest user

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 laptop unable to create local account guest user: Hi all, Based in UK and now use an Active Directory 'work' account to log in. Since doing this, am unable to use any local accounts. The only option showing is the AD account & "Other User". When I select "Other User" the box asks me for an email address - not user name...