Windows 10: Local Account

Discus and support Local Account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How do I remove my local account log in information? I started to set it up but changed my mind. I don't see a way to delete the information.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CathyCleveland, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Local Account

How do I remove my local account log in information? I started to set it up but changed my mind. I don't see a way to delete the information.

:)

CathyCleveland, Jul 11, 2018

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Jul 11, 2018
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jul 11, 2018
  4. Local Account

Local vs Network user accounts

I just did a VM install, just to verify that I don't speak total crap.

Steps I took:

• Installed Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 15063.0
    • Entered the License Key
    • Created a local account
    • Went to accounts and added my Microsoft account
    • Let Windows use this account for all apps
    • Checked status on Microsoft account web page.
    • Verified that the VM shows up there
    • deleted my VM locally
    • created a new VM installation without entering the License Key (on same VM but totally new Virtual disk)
    • re-did steps 3-7
    • verified that my VM is activated.

And indeed it is activated and I login to my VM using local account which is linked to my MS account. Local Account :)

Should I create a Video of this or do you trust my word on it? Or better yet test it yourself if you have a valid license key you can waste on a VM.

slicendice, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

Local Account

1. Local Account - Similar Threads - Local Account

2. Cannot change local account to online account because "Another user on this device uses...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot change local account to online account because "Another user on this device uses...: This is a nightmare. First, Windows gets stuck at "Just a moment" after asking me to create a pin. I wait for several hours, nothing. Then I reboot and create an offline account to get around the stupid hangup but when I try to sing in with a Microsoft account, Windows...
  3. which account is considered local account? do not have a password, or forgot

in Windows 10 Customization
    which account is considered local account? do not have a password, or forgot: Is my windows password works for my local account? I have been using a pin, do not remember password. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/which-account-is-considered-local-account-do-not/388cf0d2-46fe-4c0a-b98f-cab853107ea8
  4. HOW TO DISCONNECT AN OUTLOOK ACCOUNT FROM A LOCAL PROFILE????

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    HOW TO DISCONNECT AN OUTLOOK ACCOUNT FROM A LOCAL PROFILE????: Previously, i had a local account with no outlook email attached to it, then i wanted to use the mail app to use one of my emails that is my only outlook account. after connecting it, now my local account has attached to this outlook account, and ive deleted the outlook...
  5. Unable to logon to Windows 10 Enterprise using a Local Account

Unable to logon to Windows 10 Enterprise using a Local Account: Hi I just did a clean install of Windows 10 Enterprise on my computer. I am able to login as Admin using my Microsoft login. I then created a "Local User Account" without a Microsoft account or email. I am unable to logon to that account. I have checked and rechecked the...
  6. Local account to administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Local account to administrator: Hello all, Somehow, I've set up my laptop as local account instead of administrator *Redface*Redface Unable to make changes as I don't have administrator rights. I'm the only user on this PC, is it possible to change local account to administrator? Do you want to make...
  7. Add local user account to family account

Add local user account to family account: I want to add my son’s local account to Family account. He has already created his Microsoft account on his computer and I want to add it to the Family. I changed my administrative account to the adult account but cannot change his account because I receive a message that...
  8. Windows 10 Hardware Upgrade with ONLY a local account.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Hardware Upgrade with ONLY a local account.: Hi, I'm looking to upgrade my hardware (New CPU/Motherboard/Ram etc.) in the very near future and only use a local account - I upgraded directly from Windows 7. I have absolutely no intention of using a Microsoft account to sign into my current system or my future system...
  9. Can't sign in with Local Account

Can't sign in with Local Account: I can't sign in with Windows Hello or my pin number on my surface pro. I have to sign in with my Microsoft Account each time the laptop is locked. When I try to switch to a local account, I enter my password and set up my a new password, click next and it gives me the...
  10. Convert Local User Account to Family Account

Convert Local User Account to Family Account: My son has a local account on his Windows 10 Pro computer with all sorts of customizations that he likes in place. I need to convert that account to a CHILD family account. I was able to change my administrative account to my ADULT family account but when I try to do the...