Local Account

Discus and support Local Account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How do I remove my local account log in information? I started to set it up but changed my mind. I don't see a way to delete the information.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CathyCleveland, Jul 11, 2018.

1. CathyCleveland Win User

Local Account

How do I remove my local account log in information? I started to set it up but changed my mind. I don't see a way to delete the information.

:)

CathyCleveland, Jul 11, 2018
  2. Slartybart Win User

Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Jul 11, 2018
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jul 11, 2018
  4. slicendice Win User

Local Account

Local vs Network user accounts

I just did a VM install, just to verify that I don't speak total crap.

Steps I took:

• Installed Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 15063.0
    • Entered the License Key
    • Created a local account
    • Went to accounts and added my Microsoft account
    • Let Windows use this account for all apps
    • Checked status on Microsoft account web page.
    • Verified that the VM shows up there
    • deleted my VM locally
    • created a new VM installation without entering the License Key (on same VM but totally new Virtual disk)
    • re-did steps 3-7
    • verified that my VM is activated.

And indeed it is activated and I login to my VM using local account which is linked to my MS account. Local Account :)

Should I create a Video of this or do you trust my word on it? Or better yet test it yourself if you have a valid license key you can waste on a VM.

slicendice, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

Local Account

1. Local Account - Similar Threads - Local Account

2. Cannot switch to local account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot switch to local account: Hello, I am trying to unlink my other microsoft account from my computer but I cannot find "Switch to a local account". I am very confused because in some forums people say there is a button saying "Switch to a local account" but I cannot find it, is this a glitch or can an...
  3. Local Account user appears and will not delete

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Local Account user appears and will not delete: I received an email from Eset security that a 'phantom' account was created and when I logged on my computer I see an account user named JQ was created and I have deleted it several times and it keeps coming back. Can you please assist as I am afraid my computer is under...
  4. I get errros when creating a local admin account or signing into an email admin account i...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I get errros when creating a local admin account or signing into an email admin account i...: I had issues with connectivity with origin and they told me that I have connectivity issues with my OS and that I should contact Microsoft support, the error I get when I try to sign into the second email account I made is "you need to be connected to the internet when making...
  5. How can I run Rufus on a local account. It keeps asking me for admin password.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I run Rufus on a local account. It keeps asking me for admin password.: How can I run Rufus on a local account. It keeps asking me for admin password. I forgot admin password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/how-can-i-run-rufus-on-a-local-account-it-keeps/3422e19e-4184-4b0e-b528-473d95304b08
  6. No option to login using my local account since update

No option to login using my local account since update: Hi all, I have updated my Windows 10 today and since the update it is impossible for me to log in to my local user account. The option to sign in with a local account has completely disappeared from both the log in screen and the settings. On the log in screen the only...
  7. I was happy using a Local Account on Win10pro, then daughter logged into Xbox-live. Now i...

I was happy using a Local Account on Win10pro, then daughter logged into Xbox-live. Now i...: Okay I was happy using a Local Account on Win10pro, then daughter logged into Xbox-live. Now I have her MS account picture and email address added to my User Account Login. How do I get rid of it ? [ATTACH] So how do I get my daughter's avatar, email address OFF my...
  8. Windows 10 1803 Revert back to local account

Windows 10 1803 Revert back to local account: Hi I accidentally converted a child local account on the laptop to use MS one. I tried to look in "Your info" in Setting as it has been posted online, I don't see "Sign in with a local account instead" What am I missing?...
  9. Windows 10 - Wrong Microsoft Account linked to local admin

Windows 10 - Wrong Microsoft Account linked to local admin: Microsoft edge shows a different email how can I change it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10-wrong-microsoft-account-linked-to-local/bfcc5af7-1dfa-44c8-b84a-535c4ea26ff0
  10. Locked out of local admin account on WIN 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Locked out of local admin account on WIN 10: I woke up and attempted to login to WIN10 machine. Received "incorrect password".. Is there any solution out now? I do not believe to have a MS account/email attached to this user name, therefore I'd rule out the sign-in with MS account. Thanks for your assistance....