Windows 10: Local Account

Discus and support Local Account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How do I remove my local account log in information? I started to set it up but changed my mind. I don't see a way to delete the information.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CathyCleveland, Jul 11, 2018.

1. CathyCleveland Win User

Local Account

How do I remove my local account log in information? I started to set it up but changed my mind. I don't see a way to delete the information.

:)

CathyCleveland, Jul 11, 2018
  2. Slartybart Win User

Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Jul 11, 2018
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jul 11, 2018
  4. slicendice Win User

Local Account

Local vs Network user accounts

I just did a VM install, just to verify that I don't speak total crap.

Steps I took:

• Installed Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 15063.0
    • Entered the License Key
    • Created a local account
    • Went to accounts and added my Microsoft account
    • Let Windows use this account for all apps
    • Checked status on Microsoft account web page.
    • Verified that the VM shows up there
    • deleted my VM locally
    • created a new VM installation without entering the License Key (on same VM but totally new Virtual disk)
    • re-did steps 3-7
    • verified that my VM is activated.

And indeed it is activated and I login to my VM using local account which is linked to my MS account. Local Account :)

Should I create a Video of this or do you trust my word on it? Or better yet test it yourself if you have a valid license key you can waste on a VM.

slicendice, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

Local Account

1. Local Account - Similar Threads - Local Account

2. Windows 10 update fail: login to local account, then black screen for five minutes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update fail: login to local account, then black screen for five minutes: Both the admin and regular logins are local. A week ago when I last used this PC, everything was fine. Now I booted it and logged into the regular account, but the screen went completely dark, though I could see the cursor. I rebooted, but the same thing happened. I was able...
  3. can i temporary use a local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    can i temporary use a local account: im about to reinstall windows and when i use my microsoft acc it always names my user folder the wrong thing.i was wondering can i use a local acc during setup so it names it correctly then add my Microsoft account later that has the activation stuff with it? 118090
  4. Sharing folders in local network to "specific people" when MS account the same

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sharing folders in local network to "specific people" when MS account the same: I have PC and notebook attached to same Microsoft account (log in options set to not asking me for password every time I starting PC or notebook). When sharing folders in "Specific people" there 3 options in dropdown list: my Microsoft account, Everyone and "Create new user"....
  5. not able to change from local account to microsoft account on windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    not able to change from local account to microsoft account on windows 10: not able to change from local account to microsoft account on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/not-able-to-change-from-local-account-to-microsoft/7334bb2e-5d88-4696-8c3f-9b512a37dcca"
  6. How to update the password of my local account once switched to login with online account

How to update the password of my local account once switched to login with online account: I've switched to login with Microsoft account, and I update the password regularly. However when I try to recover my system, I'm prompted to type in the password of my local account, which was set long time ago and I don't remember. After full reinstallation, all data was...
  7. Link Account but keep local password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Link Account but keep local password: I recently linked my Microsoft Account to my Windows 10 Pro installation to make sure I don't lose my license key once I upgrade a few pieces of hardware in my desktop. What I was not informed of anywhere on that settings page, was that on my next log in, I would be locked...
  8. Windows 10 Home - How to set a local atandard user account so that can not change the password

Windows 10 Home - How to set a local atandard user account so that can not change the password: How do you set a Local Standard user account so that they can not change the password for the user account in Windows 10 HOME? the options in Pro version are not there....
  9. Inheriting settings of an existing local account (windows 10)

Inheriting settings of an existing local account (windows 10): I wish to make a new local account so that it can inherit settings(all settings including desktop background, start-menu pinned items, folder options etc) of another existing account. Is it possible to do in windows 10? If so, please detail the steps. Microsoft's 'User...
  10. duplicate current admin settings of local account to a local user account on same system

duplicate current admin settings of local account to a local user account on same system: So I have set up everything as I want it with an admin account on a fresh install of win 10 home . Now I want to have 1 user account and 1 admin account for security reason (the same user for both accounts). How do I duplicate all the settings and apps I currently have on the...