Windows 10: Local Account

Discus and support Local Account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How do I remove my local account log in information? I started to set it up but changed my mind. I don't see a way to delete the information.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CathyCleveland, Jul 11, 2018.

1. CathyCleveland Win User

Local Account

How do I remove my local account log in information? I started to set it up but changed my mind. I don't see a way to delete the information.

:)

CathyCleveland, Jul 11, 2018
  2. Slartybart Win User

Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Jul 11, 2018
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jul 11, 2018
  4. slicendice Win User

Local Account

Local vs Network user accounts

I just did a VM install, just to verify that I don't speak total crap.

Steps I took:

• Installed Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 15063.0
    • Entered the License Key
    • Created a local account
    • Went to accounts and added my Microsoft account
    • Let Windows use this account for all apps
    • Checked status on Microsoft account web page.
    • Verified that the VM shows up there
    • deleted my VM locally
    • created a new VM installation without entering the License Key (on same VM but totally new Virtual disk)
    • re-did steps 3-7
    • verified that my VM is activated.

And indeed it is activated and I login to my VM using local account which is linked to my MS account. Local Account :)

Should I create a Video of this or do you trust my word on it? Or better yet test it yourself if you have a valid license key you can waste on a VM.

slicendice, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

Local Account

1. Local Account - Similar Threads - Local Account

2. Temporary Profile that Windows isn't recognising as one + inability to get to local account...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Temporary Profile that Windows isn't recognising as one + inability to get to local account...: 70% of my problem has been that my issue has been too specific for other help posts to apply to, so I'm going to be as annoyingly specific as I can with this one, which also means it's very long, so sorry about that. My laptop is running on Windows 10. What caused it: I...
  3. Game works only on Local account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Game works only on Local account: I recently found out that the game fallout76 only worked when i made a local account in my pc I mainly use my Microsoft account can anyone help try to fix this and make it launch on the microsoft account Thank you!...
  4. Local Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Local Account: What is a "local account" ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-account/8e3c3fa1-dfcf-4b2e-903d-a9b8878765c9
  5. Caught between local and Microsoft accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Caught between local and Microsoft accounts: One of my Windows 10 systems is in a weird state in between local and Microsoft accounts. 1. There is no "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead" or "Sign in with a local account instead" option under Settings/Accounts/Your info. This page shows my local account name,...
  6. about local account in windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    about local account in windows 10 ?: how to change the name of a local account in windows 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-local-account-in-windows-10/e10b49ff-7dc9-4849-a67a-e953c6e532ff
  7. Question after switching back to Local Account Sign in on my laptop

Question after switching back to Local Account Sign in on my laptop: Hi all, Today Ive just switched my Microsoft Account Sign-in method on my laptop over to Local Account sign in instead. I realise that my Microsoft Account will now be unlinked from my laptop so the benefit I had when signing in with a Microsoft Account of having the ability...
  8. 'signin with local account' not working

'signin with local account' not working: windows 10 pro version 1803. intel core2 quad. 8Gb ram. accounts-your accounts-signin with local account - not working. accounts-signin options - not working accounts-family&others-others-add - not working. I had upgraded from win7 pro. Been running logging in via Microsoft...
  9. Unable to remove PIN on LOCAL ACCOUNT - Incorrect password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to remove PIN on LOCAL ACCOUNT - Incorrect password: Hi, For privacy reason, when I travel with my PC, I set a PIN password using a LOCAL ACCOUNT password and remove it when I am home for convenience purposes. Since I have come back from my last trip, I can start my PC using my local account PIN password but I can't no more...
  10. Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?

Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?: Hi all, Im curious and interested to know how the rest of Tenforums members sign in to their laptops/PC's? In my case I only have one device with Windows 10..and thats my laptop. My only other device is a Smartphone which is Android. Im always trying to decide which is the...