Windows 10: Local Account

Discus and support Local Account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How do I remove my local account log in information? I started to set it up but changed my mind. I don't see a way to delete the information.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CathyCleveland, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Local Account

How do I remove my local account log in information? I started to set it up but changed my mind. I don't see a way to delete the information.

:)

CathyCleveland, Jul 11, 2018

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Jul 11, 2018
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jul 11, 2018
  4. Local Account

Local vs Network user accounts

I just did a VM install, just to verify that I don't speak total crap.

Steps I took:

• Installed Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 15063.0
    • Entered the License Key
    • Created a local account
    • Went to accounts and added my Microsoft account
    • Let Windows use this account for all apps
    • Checked status on Microsoft account web page.
    • Verified that the VM shows up there
    • deleted my VM locally
    • created a new VM installation without entering the License Key (on same VM but totally new Virtual disk)
    • re-did steps 3-7
    • verified that my VM is activated.

And indeed it is activated and I login to my VM using local account which is linked to my MS account. Local Account :)

Should I create a Video of this or do you trust my word on it? Or better yet test it yourself if you have a valid license key you can waste on a VM.

slicendice, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

Local Account

1. Local Account - Similar Threads - Local Account

2. Problems with Local (NOT Microsoft Account) Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problems with Local (NOT Microsoft Account) Password: 1. There is no option to change the password when I press CTRL-ALT-DELETE. 2. When I try to change the password using Windows 10 Settings, I can only change the password to my Microsoft account, not the password I use to log into the laptop. 3. My account is an...
  3. Can I sign in with a Microsoft account and keep my local account?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can I sign in with a Microsoft account and keep my local account?: Or will it at least let me merge the two/keep my settings and files from my local account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-sign-in-with-a-microsoft-account-and-keep-my/5303135f-073a-4f4d-91ed-5f4deb347fd2
  4. Changing from local user to Microsoft account user, windows password not known.

Changing from local user to Microsoft account user, windows password not known.: I changed to a local user on my PC, I think this was a pop up suggestion by windows, now my laptop and PC won't communicate. I want to switch back to my Microsoft account sign in on my PC Clicking 'sign in with Microsoft account instead' on 'your info' page under...
  5. change local account username associated with a microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    change local account username associated with a microsoft account?: My first name is "Mathew". On all my windows 10 devices, I prefer to login using my microsoft account. (*** Email address is removed for privacy ***) On all of these devices, the default local user name is always "mathe", missing the "w". My home directory is...
  6. Signed in with a local account, unable to switch to Microsoft account

Signed in with a local account, unable to switch to Microsoft account: I switched my account to a local account and that seemed to mess up my Outlook app. I clicked Fix account, nothing happens. I try to sign in with Microsoft account in settings, a screen comes up and disappears immediately....
  7. Require serious help after creating a Microsoft account for a local account and not having...

Require serious help after creating a Microsoft account for a local account and not having...: I have created a microsoft account to sync my settings to my computer. I had a local account. Going through the process I had it all set up on a browser but did not notice it ended in hotmail.com and not outlook.es. Having a hard time retracing my steps because it told me to...
  8. How do I change my Microsoft Account into a Local Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change my Microsoft Account into a Local Account: When I first set up my computer I made a Windows account but I logged in using my Microsoft Account instead of making a local user account. I was wondering if there is anyway to change it to a local account after making the account, without loosing your data....
  9. Email permanently linked to local account after update

Email permanently linked to local account after update: I use an offline account for myself & set up my children's PCs as offline accounts as well. But after the last update, I started being asked for my email password. Now, I had put outlook email accounts for my kids & my own emails I use for different things. And it seems that...
  10. Local Account Win 10

Local Account Win 10: How to reset local account for Windows 10. I need help plz https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-account-win-10/39739274-b704-4a44-8738-dc8776e317dc"