Windows 10: Local Account

Discus and support Local Account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How do I remove my local account log in information? I started to set it up but changed my mind. I don't see a way to delete the information.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CathyCleveland, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Local Account

How do I remove my local account log in information? I started to set it up but changed my mind. I don't see a way to delete the information.

:)

CathyCleveland, Jul 11, 2018

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Jul 11, 2018
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jul 11, 2018
  4. Local Account

Local vs Network user accounts

I just did a VM install, just to verify that I don't speak total crap.

Steps I took:

• Installed Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 15063.0
    • Entered the License Key
    • Created a local account
    • Went to accounts and added my Microsoft account
    • Let Windows use this account for all apps
    • Checked status on Microsoft account web page.
    • Verified that the VM shows up there
    • deleted my VM locally
    • created a new VM installation without entering the License Key (on same VM but totally new Virtual disk)
    • re-did steps 3-7
    • verified that my VM is activated.

And indeed it is activated and I login to my VM using local account which is linked to my MS account. Local Account :)

Should I create a Video of this or do you trust my word on it? Or better yet test it yourself if you have a valid license key you can waste on a VM.

slicendice, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

Local Account

1. Local Account - Similar Threads - Local Account

2. Local Administrator Account does not have write access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Local Administrator Account does not have write access: Hi, My local account, for whatever reason, only has read and execute permissions instead of all permissions (as would be expected of an admin account). I've turned UAC off, but still can't get this fixed. What do I need to do to get write access so I can update a config...
  3. Sign in with a local account instead MISSING - try this.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sign in with a local account instead MISSING - try this.: After logging in with a Microsoft account you can no longer login with your local account and the option to "Sign in with a local account instead" is missing. Try logging in with .\username worked for me....
  4. Can't remove local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't remove local account: On startup, a local account always appears along with my MS account. The MS account is the one I sign in with. I can't find anywhere to remove the local account. It doesn't appear in "netplwiz", "Accounts" or anywhere else I can find. It only appears on mLogin I login with my...
  5. Can't remove local account

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't remove local account: On startup, a local account always appears along with my MS account. The MS account is the one I sign in with. I can't find anywhere to remove the local account. It doesn't appear in "netplwiz", "Accounts" or anywhere else I can find. It only appears on mLogin I login with my...
  6. windows local account login poblem

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows local account login poblem: [ATTACH] when I try to change my sing in method as a local account instead of Microsoft account this error was display. how can I fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-local-account-login-poblem/67fe6338-85a6-46ad-b2ed-74fffb3747a0
  7. Is it possible to use windows 10 "Find my device" with a local account?

Is it possible to use windows 10 "Find my device" with a local account?: Hello, I am using a local account on my W10 laptop. I would like to use Find my device. In settings > Update & Security > Find my device, I click on "sign in with your Microsoft account to use or change find my device". This takes me to the settings page Accounts > Your...
  8. Changing to a local user account.

Changing to a local user account.: Hey guys, I am thinking of changing to a local user account. My main questions is, when there is a windows update (1809 to 1903) would my personal settings be still there when i upgrade or will I have to redo my settings? Also, if I change to a local account, would that...
  9. Can't Switch from Local to Microsoft Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't Switch from Local to Microsoft Account: Not sure if the problem is with my Windows or with Microsoft. I changed my account to a local one (for some reason I can't remember) before I upgraded to Windows 10. I tried changing it back to a Microsoft account, I am able to type in my account, password, my computer...
  10. Change PC name on MS account after changing locally

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change PC name on MS account after changing locally: Hi I bought a new surface and set it up. It doesnt ask for PC name during setup, only after you are in. So now in MS account devices online, the pc name is something like desktop-767shdjs I cant recognize that, so I want to change it for the name I have just given it, a...