Windows 10: Local Activation warning showing up in event log and corresponds to a problem with...

Discus and support Local Activation warning showing up in event log and corresponds to a problem with... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JeffSwisher, May 26, 2020.

1. Local Activation warning showing up in event log and corresponds to a problem with...

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
    {2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54}
    and APPID
    {15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402}

to the user SWISHER-LAP-1\jeff SID S-1-5-21-2655704988-3403551654-1449555634-1002 from address LocalHost Using LRPC running in the application container Unavailable SID Unavailable. This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

Background: Windows 10 Version 2004

Every time I receive this event it corresponds with a blanking of my microsoft edge screen. About 2 seconds.

What I have done to try and fix it

1 Change owner and permission to PerAppRuntimeBroker. Change Component Services setting. They all changed back to the original at some point.

2 Did the changes a second time. After I restarted the computer they returned back to be owned by "TrustedInstaller"

:)

JeffSwisher, May 26, 2020

2. ESENT Event ID 508,510 and 533 warnings in Event Viewer

Hello Summez,

We appreciate the time and effort you have put in to resolve the issue.

If the ESENT Event Ids have stopped logging in Event Viewer, we might be looking at a positive picture here. Also, certain Windows components were fixed after running SFC and DISM tools.

However, if you still see any issues, I suggest you to check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different Local Administrator user account.

Follow the steps mentioned below:

• Assuming that you are already logged on to your user account in Windows 10, click the Start button.
    • From the Start menu, click your name from the top of the left pane.
    • From the displayed options click Sign out.
    • From the login screen, click to the different user account you want to switch to.

However, if you do not have a separate user account, I suggest you to create another Local administrator user account by referring to the Microsoft article here: Set
    up accounts

Write to us again, in case you need further assistance on the issue.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 26, 2020
  3. event viewer- Application--SECURITY WARNING--

Hi mitchhoglund

Greetings! I am Vijay, an Independent Advisor. I am here to work with you on this problem.

Post entries corresponding to this event and few minutes preceding this event in Event Logs to analyze and get you an answer.

Windows Key+R > Type eventvwr and Enter > See if any log corresponding to your date and time is there (Look under all entries under Windows Logs such as System, Application, Security...) > If yes, right click on that log > Save Selected Event > Zip all event
    files which correspond to your event, upload them to Onedrive and share the link here.

Do let me know if you require any further help on this. Will be glad to help you.

Vijay_Verma, May 26, 2020
  4. Skipher Win User

Local Activation warning showing up in event log and corresponds to a problem with...

A series of DeviceSetupManager warnings in Windows 10 event logs

I have been "cleaning up" Windows 10, and I'm noticing a series of warnings in the Event Viewer every time I start Windows. And they are in the following order.

It seems that Event 202 repeats every other instance until I finally get the error: Event 131. What would I have to do to fix these problems, so they stop showing up every time in Event Viewer?

Skipher, May 26, 2020
Thema:

Local Activation warning showing up in event log and corresponds to a problem with...

1. Local Activation warning showing up in event log and corresponds to a problem with... - Similar Threads - Local Activation warning

2. weird warning logged in event viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    weird warning logged in event viewer: my pc for no reason "refreshed" so i went to the event logger and found this warning that was recent, im worried it might be some sort of malware im not familiar stuff so some explanations would be appreciated- <Event...
  3. weird warning logged in event viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    weird warning logged in event viewer: my pc for no reason "refreshed" so i went to the event logger and found this warning that was recent, im worried it might be some sort of malware im not familiar stuff so some explanations would be appreciated- <Event...
  4. event log warning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    event log warning: hello, im having this warning every 0.5 sec. its a new computer.. source: WHEA LOGGERevent id 17A corrected hardware error has occurred.Component: PCI Express Root PortError Source: Advanced Error Reporting PCI ExpressPrimary Bus:Device:Function: 0x0:0x6:0x0Secondary...
  5. event log warning

event log warning: hello, im having this warning every 0.5 sec. its a new computer.. source: WHEA LOGGERevent id 17A corrected hardware error has occurred.Component: PCI Express Root PortError Source: Advanced Error Reporting PCI ExpressPrimary Bus:Device:Function: 0x0:0x6:0x0Secondary...
  6. warnings and errors in event log

in Windows 10 Gaming
    warnings and errors in event log: On both of my computers that are running Windows 11 I have found numerous warnings and errors in the event log. Has anyone else experienced this and do I need to be concerned....
  7. warnings and errors in event log

warnings and errors in event log: On both of my computers that are running Windows 11 I have found numerous warnings and errors in the event log. Has anyone else experienced this and do I need to be concerned....
  8. Windows Event Log Warnings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Event Log Warnings: I have a lot of warnings and errors in my event log and was hoping to get some clarification on the issue. My pc has also been randomly turning off. Not sure if these warnings could contribute to my pc shutting off but I have tried a lot of other methods. Windows is up to...
  9. Getting Warning message in event log

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting Warning message in event log: Good day Microsoft Community, I am needing some help in fixing some errors that have started occurring after these last few updates that occured. If someone would help it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!! Below is one of the warnings that I am getting in the...
  10. Unexpected shutdowns with no warning - event logs attached

in Windows 10 Support
    Unexpected shutdowns with no warning - event logs attached: This has been happening since last 24 hours, My toshiba laptops shuts down automatically without showing any warning, the first it happened about 20 minutes after I turned it on , after the shutdown I again hit the power button and it started normally but after 2 minutes it...