Windows 10: Local admin account password - Windows 10

Discus and support Local admin account password - Windows 10 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, my laptop suffers from occasional disk errors and I get into disk repair mode. I get asked for a password I assume admin and enter it successfully... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by dredski99, Dec 14, 2020.

1. dredski99 Win User

Local admin account password - Windows 10

Hi, my laptop suffers from occasional disk errors and I get into disk repair mode. I get asked for a password I assume admin and enter it successfully - job done? Not exactly, I can't figure out how to change this password as I can't see a password change option under account settings/ sign in options or using alt/ctrl/delete - there's only one account on this laptop, it's a personal one, and it's the admin account. Normal M/S access is via a PIN.

How do I change this old password?

Thanks.

:)

dredski99, Dec 14, 2020
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Dec 14, 2020
  3. WiIfred P Win User
    How to reset a local account password from an admin account

Hi Chinkle,

This is Wil, one of the independent advisor and an expert with Windows 10.

I understand your concern with Changing a local account password from an admin account. Don't you worry because you have an expert here and I can definitely help you with that.

When changing a local account password, follow these steps:

1. Open the Control Panel

2. Change View by to Small icons (upper right part of control panel)

3. Click on User Accounts

4. Click on Manage another account

5. On the list, choose the local account that you want to change the password.

6. Click on Change the password

7. Enter New Password (leave blank if you don't want to have a password for the account)

Repeat for other accounts.

Reference:
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5239-change...

I hope my suggestions help you. If you need further assistance please do reply back and I will respond as quickly as possible. Have a nice day.

Thanks,

Wilfred P.

Independent Advisor

WiIfred P, Dec 14, 2020
  4. Local admin account password - Windows 10

Locked Out of Admin Account

Hello Linda,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you using a Microsoft account or a local account?
    2. Which version of Windows 10 you are using currently?
    3. Is the other user account an admin account?

I suggest you to try using the on screen keyboard at the login page and check if you are able to login to the PC.

1. At the login screen click on the
      ease of access icon at the bottom right hand corner.
    2. Click on the on screen keyboard to open it.
    3. Type the password and try to login.

If you are using a Microsoft account, I suggest you to refer the article on

how to reset your Microsoft account password

However, if you are using a local account, then I suggest you to refer the article on

reset your Windows 10 local account password

Note: While performing these steps, there might be a risk of data loss. You may take a backup of the data before performing the steps.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Dec 14, 2020
Thema:

Local admin account password - Windows 10

1. Local admin account password - Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Local admin account

2. Windows 11: Switch Admin account to local account without a password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: Switch Admin account to local account without a password: I have a new day-to-day PC running Windows 11 Home, so I needed a user account in order to complete my setup.As I shall be using my Microsoft subscription for Office, I opted to use my user account detail in order to complete the setup, and to download and login to Office My...
  3. Windows 11: Switch Admin account to local account without a password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11: Switch Admin account to local account without a password: I have a new day-to-day PC running Windows 11 Home, so I needed a user account in order to complete my setup.As I shall be using my Microsoft subscription for Office, I opted to use my user account detail in order to complete the setup, and to download and login to Office My...
  4. How to reset Windows 10 Admin password using local account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to reset Windows 10 Admin password using local account: I forgot Admin password and unable to reset the password for the same by using local account in Windows 10, please help to resolve the issue...
  5. Password Policy for local standard vs local admin accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password Policy for local standard vs local admin accounts: I have TEN Windows 10 Pro computers on a peer to peer network no domain. Each computer has 2 LOCAL non Microsoft accounts - 1 Admin and 1 standard user non-admin. Is it possible to set a password policy where the policy can be set against ONLY the LOCAL standard user...
  6. How to reset a local account password from an admin account

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to reset a local account password from an admin account: How do i change a local account’s password on a Windows 10 machine, using an Admin account? Last night, i changed the hours that the local account could log on. This morning, we discovered that the password and security questions must have also been changed dont know how...
  7. Windows 10 Admin Account password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Admin Account password: I have forgotten my admin user account password and also do not have the password resetting disk. Enabling safe mode also requires admin password. What can I do to reset or remove the password?...
  8. Reset sign-in password admin account from a local account

Reset sign-in password admin account from a local account: Hi. I have a problem.. My password from admin account has changed without my permission. Do you know how to reset it? I have a local account if this can help.....
  9. Windows 10 Admin account password

Windows 10 Admin account password: How can I retrieve/change the administrator account password? Windows was pre-installed on the machine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10-admin-account-password/fd6fa79d-8dd0-4e63-8397-beaee0bc838c
  10. Local Admin account password changed to unknown

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Local Admin account password changed to unknown: My local administrator account password has evidently been changed to something unknown to me. I am sure I am typing the password correctly, I've carefully tried several times. I have 3 local accounts on my machine and my Microsoft account (for purposes of this post I am...