Windows 10: Local Admin Account taken over by child's email while buying Minecraft. Cannot change email...

Discus and support Local Admin Account taken over by child's email while buying Minecraft. Cannot change email... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; After buying Minecraft, which required signing in my childs account to the Xbox app, my local admin account was taken over by that email account. There... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TownBusiness, Nov 5, 2020.

1. Local Admin Account taken over by child's email while buying Minecraft. Cannot change email...

After buying Minecraft, which required signing in my childs account to the Xbox app, my local admin account was taken over by that email account. There is no way to remove it and as I dug deeper, this has been a problem for several years. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10-wrong-microsoft-account-linked-to-local/cdad8bac-4e0e-4580-a07d-3459431d9951?page=4

Has anyone found a solution to this? I do not want to go through the hassle of creating a new user and transferring everything.

:)

TownBusiness, Nov 5, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Nov 5, 2020
  3. Nick1303 Win User
    Setting up 'Childs' accounts without using emails?

I am setting up a laptop with Windows 10 Pro for use by my 4 & 6-year-old niece and nephew.
    I will have a local admin account - it will not be associated with any kind of 'Microsoft' account/email.
    I want each of them to have their own logins.
    I have read GREAT things about the features available under the Family settings if you set up a childs account.
    However despite all my attempts, and all my reading, I cannot find any information that would indicate a 'childs' account can be set up as a local user.
    I do NOT want these children to have an email address (not even a fake one like so many people seemed to have resorted to).
    In the years that this pain point has been discussed, has anyone found a way to make use of the Family-childs settings while only using local users?
    Local users are not the same as Child accounts from what I have seen and read, so even though a local user can be created without an email, I specifically am in need of the features made available to the 'Child' that are set up through Family settings.

Is it possible, or am I stuck resorting to local users, and 3rd party child/security software?

Nick1303, Nov 5, 2020
  4. Local Admin Account taken over by child's email while buying Minecraft. Cannot change email...

email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, Nov 5, 2020
Thema:

Local Admin Account taken over by child's email while buying Minecraft. Cannot change email...

1. Local Admin Account taken over by child's email while buying Minecraft. Cannot change email... - Similar Threads - Local Admin Account

2. Minecraft account hacked and email taken off Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft account hacked and email taken off Microsoft account?: A while ago I was trying to fix this December 2022 when it was happening and there was 0 help. I couldn't talk to a single person and I couldn't use a password reset thing because whoever hacked my account took my email off my Microsoft account. When I put my email in it says...
  3. Minecraft account hacked and email taken off Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft account hacked and email taken off Microsoft account?: A while ago I was trying to fix this December 2022 when it was happening and there was 0 help. I couldn't talk to a single person and I couldn't use a password reset thing because whoever hacked my account took my email off my Microsoft account. When I put my email in it says...
  4. Minecraft account hacked and email taken off Microsoft account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Change admin account email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change admin account email: I just miss wrote email address in admin account.How can I change that email address. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-admin-account-email/598b6da2-30a0-42c7-b2b2-f2625d11c634
  6. Change admin account email

Change admin account email: I just miss wrote email address in admin account.How can I change that email address. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-admin-account-email/598b6da2-30a0-42c7-b2b2-f2625d11c634
  7. Change admin account email

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Child account with email

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Child account with email: Why have microsoft made it nearly impossible to create an account for a child that actually doesnt **** up within the first week of creation. then trying to reset password is impossible unless you a microsoft guru!! I have pre ordered games in preperation of the xbox x...
  9. Changing admin email

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing admin email: I am trying to fix the problem of a friend's email being used as my admin email. Under "my info" in my laptop settings, his email is right under my name and being used as administrator. I've gone into email and accounts, can't remove the email, we've gone into his account and...
  10. Child account email

Child account email: Why can I not block a child account access to the mail app? Why are discussions about this locked? This is egregious. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/child-account-email/873519b7-34d3-4618-8291-351e3c64f967