Windows 10: Local admin account vs domain admin account

Discus and support Local admin account vs domain admin account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Can both local admin account and domain admin account make changes on the Windows 10 Pro PC? Like installing programs, uninstalling, making network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jackin, Jan 15, 2020.

1. jackin Win User

Local admin account vs domain admin account

Can both local admin account and domain admin account make changes on the Windows 10 Pro PC? Like installing programs, uninstalling, making network changes etc.

Does one account has more access than the other?

:)

jackin, Jan 15, 2020
  2. brycez28 Win User

Domain admin account as built-in admin account

I just upgraded two brand new pc's from Win 7 to Win 10. Computers were already added to the domain in Win 7 and I was logged into the domain administrator account when I did the upgrade to Win 10. Now when I am logged in with the domain administrator account, I can't open Edge. It says "This app can't open. Microsoft Edge can't be opened using the Built-in Administrator account. Sign in with a different account and try again."

How do I get the local "Administrator" account to be the Built-in administrator account?

The list of user accounts are:
    admin (local admin account I made in Win 7)
    Administrator (I assume local administrator account that is automatically created)
    administrator.AESSEINVLTD (domain admin account I am logged in with)
    Default.migrated
    Public.

brycez28, Jan 15, 2020
  3. Kanata Win User
    Domain admin account as built-in admin account

The domain admin account will have local admin rights as default. By design this account cannot run Edge. Either create normal user accounts or make the change in Windows 10 for the local admin account to be able to access apps through security policy changes. Not sure of the exact details (you will need to Google) but Windows 10 Pro you can change the local policy directly but Windows 10 Home you cannot and will need an alternate method.

Kanata, Jan 15, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

Syncronize domain accounts customization same as Local account admin

Domain account is an independent user account with its own profile. It has basically nothing to do with a local account and its customisations. A domain admin can have set various group policies to be applied when user has joined a domain, but these policies and settings do not apply to local account. Further, another domain account is again an independent user account and has independent profile.

On a single user PC with one local account and one domain account there are therefore two totally different user accounts and profiles, although they both belong to same user.

Thema:

1. Local admin account vs domain admin account - Similar Threads - Local admin account

2. Signed in as Microsoft account vs local admin account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Signed in as Microsoft account vs local admin account: I have a user who cannot run some scripts using python to map some paths on dependencies. User is signed in with their Microsoft account which is FirstName LastName There is a space in between first and last name and then a phone number under their account when checking user...
  3. Signed in as Microsoft account vs local admin account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Signed in as Microsoft account vs local admin account: I have a user who cannot run some scripts using python to map some paths on dependencies. User is signed in with their Microsoft account which is FirstName LastName There is a space in between first and last name and then a phone number under their account when checking user...
  4. AAD Domain Admin & Local Admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AAD Domain Admin & Local Admin: Hi everyone.I'm looking for some advise on AAD and device domain / local Admin.My customer has a personal device that is AAD registered, a local Admin account has been created however the credentials we hold are incorrect. So completing anything requiring Admin permission...
  5. AAD Domain Admin & Local Admin

in Windows 10 Customization
    AAD Domain Admin & Local Admin: Hi everyone.I'm looking for some advise on AAD and device domain / local Admin.My customer has a personal device that is AAD registered, a local Admin account has been created however the credentials we hold are incorrect. So completing anything requiring Admin permission...
  6. Computer Management local admin vs domain admin

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Computer Management local admin vs domain admin: Not exactly sure this is the right section for this question, but it does have to do with user accounts and permissions. So, as standard practice, I use a normal user login as my daily work account, and have a separate login for a domain admin account (basically, something...
  7. Password Policy for local standard vs local admin accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password Policy for local standard vs local admin accounts: I have TEN Windows 10 Pro computers on a peer to peer network no domain. Each computer has 2 LOCAL non Microsoft accounts - 1 Admin and 1 standard user non-admin. Is it possible to set a password policy where the policy can be set against ONLY the LOCAL standard user...
  8. Syncronize domain accounts customization same as Local account admin

Syncronize domain accounts customization same as Local account admin: Hi there, I'm new to the forum, so I will try my best to be clear as possible in describing my issues. For the past month I've been trying to customize the look of my windows 10 such as folders, start menu, notifications and uninstall of apps in powershell with the local...
  9. Local Admin Account vs standard Account

Local Admin Account vs standard Account: i have to ask this i am on Windows 10 Home build 16299.19 as i am currently terminating an old account and going to my most current account but i am concerned that the one i use to login into my current PC might be lost and i do wonder if the admin account i use for this HP...
  10. Domain admin account as built-in admin account

Domain admin account as built-in admin account: I just upgraded two brand new pc's from Win 7 to Win 10. Computers were already added to the domain in Win 7 and I was logged into the domain administrator account when I did the upgrade to Win 10. Now when I am logged in with the domain administrator account, I can't open...