Windows 10: local admin password management solution

Discus and support local admin password management solution in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; local admin password management solution : what i understand it built in and auto enable the account when we login it the new system; my question is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by shafi_786, Mar 23, 2019.

1. shafi_786 Win User

local admin password management solution

local admin password management solution : what i understand it built in and auto enable the account when we login it the new system; my question is in domain environment we using some of PC create a local user and add in to admin group

in that case LPMS it will be effect all local users ,ii)or i will deleted all local user expect built in admin account iii) or only it will deleted admin access for all other local user account

:)

shafi_786, Mar 23, 2019

2. Managing password resets for local admin

Not sure exactly where to post this thread, so please move, if necessary. Here's my problem:

I work for a large company with offices all over North America. We have hundreds of printers and scanners. I have proposed to the security team that we come up with a password policy for these devices. The issue is that the sheer scale of the password update project is massive (from my own, inexperienced perspective). Updating the local admin password on all these devices will take significant man hours. I haven't found a solution online to possibly script the changes and send commands through SSH/PuTTY, or something over the network. The closest I found was someone who had created a VBS script, but it won't work in our environment. Do any of you have experience here that could share your process? I'm praying there's a nice, convenient way to centrally manage the passwords, but I have come up empty so far.

rolling moses, Mar 23, 2019
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Mar 23, 2019
  4. Kursah Win User

Managing password resets for local admin

Without knowing how things are integrated, if they are, or how they are, especially for current access control privileges and restrictions, you're really at odds for deploying anything useful to your managed infrastructure.

Maybe you can work with one of the security division's engineers to obtain that information if you have reached a level of trust and the task for what you're doing is something you should be officially taking care of. In that case, you need to be at least privy to what solutions are being utilized for user account management, security, and access, what third party print management service(s) are in-use, etc.

The issue here is if you're access is limited, your knowledge of the infrastructure and deployed solutions is limited, it'll be nigh impossible to provide a consistent usable solution that will even work for your site's needs and requirements. That puts you at a major disadvantage, so hopefully you can work with someone that does have that knowledge.

As I suggested above with printers, sounds like unless the software can moderate access on the default admin/access account, you'll be faced with manual access of each device to manage them appropriately. At which point doing what I suggested above might make sense, it also might help to task an individual at each site with taking care of this task to break it down into manageable chunks.

Some devices allow or offer centralized management, but not knowing if what your site has deployed all are able to use that or if the third party management for printers and scanners is merely for access control, print count limitation, etc. or if it also allows device account modifications as well again leaves you at a disadvantage.

In security, knowledge is key. You have to know how a site is deployed, managed and ultimately used. Without that knowledge coming up with an appropriate account management solution that you can actually execute beyond a written proposal won't happen. I am curious exactly what they expect from you here if anything beyond a written proposal or maybe they want you to find out what they already know?

Either way, sounds like you need to know more about what you're working with to get to the end result you seek in an appropriate fashion. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Mar 23, 2019
Thema:

1. local admin password management solution - Similar Threads - local admin password

2. Forgot windows local admin password, how to change it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot windows local admin password, how to change it: I have forgotten my laptop windows local admin password, how can I change it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-windows-local-admin-password-how-to-change/e8e0d5a3-3dba-45fd-8eb6-25afeaf353e1
  3. Forgot windows local admin password, how to change it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgot windows local admin password, how to change it: I have forgotten my laptop windows local admin password, how can I change it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-windows-local-admin-password-how-to-change/e8e0d5a3-3dba-45fd-8eb6-25afeaf353e1
  4. Forgotten Local Admin User password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forgotten Local Admin User password: I am sole user on laptop, therefore Local Administrator. Help pages only refer to changing Local Account password. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgotten-local-admin-user-password/ca2b0ec2-00a2-4324-9084-dfada9d5347b
  5. Reset local admin password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reset local admin password: Hi all, Machine has fallen off the domain and can't get in using local admin password I've tried hirens boot CD but doesn't see windows partition. I assume it's because of either uefi or bitlocker I've turned off secure boot but didn't make a difference Any advice please?...
  6. Local admin account password - Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Local admin account password - Windows 10: Hi, my laptop suffers from occasional disk errors and I get into disk repair mode. I get asked for a password I assume admin and enter it successfully - job done? Not exactly, I can't figure out how to change this password as I can't see a password change option under account...
  7. Computer Management local admin vs domain admin

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Computer Management local admin vs domain admin: Not exactly sure this is the right section for this question, but it does have to do with user accounts and permissions. So, as standard practice, I use a normal user login as my daily work account, and have a separate login for a domain admin account (basically, something...
  8. Password Policy for local standard vs local admin accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password Policy for local standard vs local admin accounts: I have TEN Windows 10 Pro computers on a peer to peer network no domain. Each computer has 2 LOCAL non Microsoft accounts - 1 Admin and 1 standard user non-admin. Is it possible to set a password policy where the policy can be set against ONLY the LOCAL standard user...
  9. Window 10 will not accept Local Password @ Admin log in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Window 10 will not accept Local Password @ Admin log in: The administrator log in changed from auto to manual when windows auto updated on the 18/ january. I do not have the old password & windows will not allow ANY ACCESS. Even when restarting with shift key held down. Unable todo anything W/O password. i need a way to get...
  10. Local Admin account password changed to unknown

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Local Admin account password changed to unknown: My local administrator account password has evidently been changed to something unknown to me. I am sure I am typing the password correctly, I've carefully tried several times. I have 3 local accounts on my machine and my Microsoft account (for purposes of this post I am...