Windows 10: Local admin user gets deleted every time you sign in to a local user account.

Discus and support Local admin user gets deleted every time you sign in to a local user account. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; PC was transferred from domain to WG. PC has local admin accounts: gaadmin res.local New user account was created gauser01 Upon login with... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by nekku-au, Apr 20, 2021.

1. nekku-au Win User

Local admin user gets deleted every time you sign in to a local user account.

PC was transferred from domain to WG.

PC has local admin accounts:

gaadmin

res.local

New user account was created

gauser01

Upon login with res.local everything's fine, multiple restarts, all good.

Upon login with gauser01 newly created user account the admin account res.local local admin account gets deleted.

Event Viewer doesn't have any 4726 user account deletion or 4743 computer account deletion events.

See screenshot confirming the profile folder exists, while the account is not present.

Please advise how to track what removes the account.

Local admin user gets deleted every time you sign in to a local user account. e00ef6c1-4189-4c52-a55d-7245dddce47e?upload=true.png

:)

nekku-au, Apr 20, 2021

2. How to delete local user accounts on Windows 10?

Hi Marvin,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about delete the multiple user accounts on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps to delete local user account and check if it helps.

Note: When you want to delete a user account from your computer:

• You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to delete a user account.

• You will not be able to delete a user account that is currently signed in. You will need to sign out the user first.

• Be sure to always have at least one enabled administrator account on the PC to avoid not being able to perform actions that require administrator rights.

Step 1: Steps to Remove a User Account in Settings

• Press Windows
      key, click on Settings.

• Click on Account, click on
      Family and other users.

• Select the user you want to delete under
      Other users and click on Remove.

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Select Delete account and data if you wish to delete account and the data and follow onscreen instructions.
    OR

Step 2: Steps to Delete a User Account in Command Prompt

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, select
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type net user and hit Enter
      to list the user accounts on your device.

• Type net user "User account
      " /delete and hit Enter to delete the user account.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 20, 2021
  3. Kari Win User
    Local Acct user and MS account user - sync them or merge them

If the local account is the one where you have most of your personal data, this is how I would do it:

• Sign in to your Microsoft account
    • Copy all documents, pictures and other personal data from Microsoft account's user folders to corresponding folders in user Public (contents of MS account Documents folder to Public Documents folder and so on)
    • Sign out from Microsoft account
    Notice that above steps are only required if Microsoft account user folders contain data you want to keep. If its user folders are empty or do not contain anything worth saving, you can skip the above steps. Continue from below.

• Sign in to the local account
    • Delete the Microsoft account (Option One in this tutorial)
    • Switch your local account to a Microsoft account (tutorial)
    • Copy the data backed up from old Microsoft account to Public folders to new Microsoft account in corresponding folders

That's it. Using the Public folders as temporary storage you will have none whatsoever file owner / permission issues later on.

4. WiIfred P Win User

local user account

Hi,

This is Wil, one of the independent advisor, an expert with Windows 10 and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. I understand your concern about the local user account.

First, check if the local user account was created successfully. Kindly click on the Windows button and click on Settings. On settings, click on Accounts and click on Family & Other Users. If you were able to see your account under Other users, you may proceed
    to sign-in on the account. If not, kindly create a local account first with admin rights.

If you have the local account created you may now sign-out of the current account by clicking on the Start Button, click on the account user's icon and choose sign-out or choose the account that you want to sign-in on.

I hope my suggestions help you. If you need further assistance please do reply back and I will respond as quickly as possible. Have a nice day.

Thanks,

Wilfred P.

Independent Advisor

WiIfred P, Apr 20, 2021
Thema:

1. Local admin user gets deleted every time you sign in to a local user account. - Similar Threads - Local admin user

2. Childs account linked to local user admin account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Childs account linked to local user admin account: Hi,I use a local account in windows 11 which has administer privileges. After I had logged my child into the xbox app their email address has been associated with the local account and now all the child safe settings have been applied to the local admin account and I can't...
  3. Childs account linked to local user admin account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Childs account linked to local user admin account: Hi,I use a local account in windows 11 which has administer privileges. After I had logged my child into the xbox app their email address has been associated with the local account and now all the child safe settings have been applied to the local admin account and I can't...
  4. Local user account created by nobody and reappeared every time after deletion

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Local user account created by nobody and reappeared every time after deletion: I found a local user account called "John" in my notebook one day. I instantly deleted it. Later, it reappeared and I deleted again. Repeated several times, no malware was found by virus scan, but its reappearing was creepy. How to solve this? Virus scan I took: ESET...
  5. regarding local admin user account in windows 10

regarding local admin user account in windows 10: Hi Guys, I have prepared a powershell script to create local admin user account and I have planned to push it through Intune. There are totally 700 pc's in my Organisation. I want to know is there any option to have a local user admin account which should be working...
  6. user local and admin accounts missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    user local and admin accounts missing: Since a about a week my local user account and my admin account are gone. With it, the documents, pictures and downloads directories are nearly empty, only the most recent documents are listed. Luckily I save most of my documents on other drives but I would like to find my...
  7. Local User Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local User Account: Hi, I have a problem that I cant delete my other local user account, already perform Setting > Account > Family and other user > remove account But still the user appear, appreciate for the help, thanks...
  8. local user account

in Windows 10 Customization
    local user account: how do I access the one that I created https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-user-account/ee6a2922-2dfb-4e0b-9944-70cfa2a5be8d
  9. duplicate current admin settings of local account to a local user account on same system

duplicate current admin settings of local account to a local user account on same system: So I have set up everything as I want it with an admin account on a fresh install of win 10 home . Now I want to have 1 user account and 1 admin account for security reason (the same user for both accounts). How do I duplicate all the settings and apps I currently have on the...
  10. Local Account user appears and will not delete

Local Account user appears and will not delete: I received an email from Eset security that a 'phantom' account was created and when I logged on my computer I see an account user named JQ was created and I have deleted it several times and it keeps coming back. Can you please assist as I am afraid my computer is under...