Windows 10: LOCAL ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT CREATED

Discus and support LOCAL ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT CREATED in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, There is a third account Which I can assure you i never made named "Administrator" and it is the local admin, so it has full control over my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by D1l3tt4, May 14, 2020.

1. D1l3tt4 Win User

LOCAL ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT CREATED

Hello,

There is a third account Which I can assure you i never made named "Administrator" and it is the local admin, so it has full control over my computer, not me. There are many things that do not work because of this. This "new" administrator has also changed the password to my original administrator account but when i try to delete it from the control panel I don't see this "new" administrator account.

How do I cancel it and prevent it from returning? Thank you for your time and help.

:)

D1l3tt4, May 14, 2020

2. Script to create a local account with administrator privileges

Is there a script using 'net user' or similar to create a local administrator account including password for Windows 10? I tried to put something together but apparently missed a step or have one out of order.

The purpose is to give Users a way to create a 'backup' account to be used if they forget their password or any number of other problems that can prevent them from logging into their system; with their normal Microsoft Account.
    Rather than walk them through each step over the phone, I could email them a script to be run before the problems happen It would create a local admin account with a specific password that could be used in emergencies.

This is for employees who have company systems but are seldom at the office and I would want to preload the name and password so they would not accidentally connect with it but it would be there and ready to use if they call for help.
    Can this still be done in Windows 10 if all the steps are in the right place?

questorfla, May 14, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    Deleting an Local Administrator Account

Welcom to TenForums @Shahjahan

OK, let's get this problem clearly defined.

You say you created a local administrator account, you also talk about your 'original' account. Can you tell us which is which in the images you posted? You also say you followed the steps in the article. That would have enabled the built-in Administrator account.

Your first screenshot shows a gmail account with the name obscured. This would be a Microsoft account as it has an email address as its name. I assume this is the one you call 'original'.

The second screenshot shows the built-in Administrator account. This is a system account, it cannot ever be deleted as is a necessary part of Windows. You cannot create an account named 'Administrator' either, this is a reserved name, along with others like 'Guest', so that is NOT the account you think you created.

It would appear you have just the two active accounts, your original one with the gmail name and the built-in Administrator. What was the name of the local account you thought you had created?

To see a full list of all the accounts on your system, whether enabled for log in or not, open a Command Prompt (Admin) and type the command net users

You will see your user accounts, along with a number of other accounts used by the system. Administrator, DefaultAccount and Guest are built-in accounts, WDAGUtilityAccount is used by Windows Defender in version 1803, but may not exist in earlier versions. Any other names are your user accounts.

For each user account, type the command net user accountname (using each actual name instead of 'accountname'). Only accounts that say 'Account active Yes' will be visible in the screenshots you posted.

It may be that the account you tried to create is not active/enabled, if so, you need to make it active (as you did for Administartor) before you can manage it in Settings.

4. simrick Win User

How to revert local account to administrator acc.

Hello. I am not sure I understand the question. Let me see:

• You had an administrative account (local, not MS).
    • You changed this administrative account to a limited account.
    • You want to change the limited account back to an administrative account.
    • You have another administrative account, but you don't know the password.

Is this correct?

You must be logged into an administrative account in order to give administrative rights to a local account.

Does another user of the computer know the password to the administrative account?
    Did you create a password reset disk for the administrative account?

simrick, May 14, 2020
Thema:

1. LOCAL ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT CREATED - Similar Threads - LOCAL ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT

2. create administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    create administrator account: I had only one administrator account and I switched it's type to local. now I want to restore my administrator account, but anything I want to do there were asking me for administrator use but don't give me any option to enter any credentials of administrator.Now, How can I...
  3. create administrator account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    create administrator account: I had only one administrator account and I switched it's type to local. now I want to restore my administrator account, but anything I want to do there were asking me for administrator use but don't give me any option to enter any credentials of administrator.Now, How can I...
  4. Local Administrator account will not login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Local Administrator account will not login: A new local non-Microsoft account was just created with a new password in Windows 10. When the login screen comes up from "Switch users," and the new account name and password are entered, the account will not login. Both the user name and the password have been updated and...
  5. Local Administrator account will not login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Administrator account will not login: A new local non-Microsoft account was just created with a new password in Windows 10. When the login screen comes up from "Switch users," and the new account name and password are entered, the account will not login. Both the user name and the password have been updated and...
  6. How to create Local Administrator Account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to create Local Administrator Account in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Sometimes, you may want to add a new administrator account in Windows 10 to […] This article How to create Local Administrator Account in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. administrator classic account can only create local users

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    administrator classic account can only create local users: Hi all, I enabled the "administrator" classic account by issuing: net user administrator /active:yes then set a password for it and logged in. For some reason, "administrator" doesn't create accounts in the same way other members of the "Administrators" group do. It...
  8. Local account to administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Local account to administrator: Hello all, Somehow, I've set up my laptop as local account instead of administrator *Redface*Redface Unable to make changes as I don't have administrator rights. I'm the only user on this PC, is it possible to change local account to administrator? Do you want to make...
  9. Deleting an Local Administrator Account

Deleting an Local Administrator Account: Hello I have bluntly created an local administrator account, and when I have logged in with that new account I do see my original AC as an administrator and gives me an option to remove that ac..However When I login with the old account I do not see the newly created ac...! I...
  10. Script to create a local account with administrator privileges

Script to create a local account with administrator privileges: Is there a script using 'net user' or similar to create a local administrator account including password for Windows 10? I tried to put something together but apparently missed a step or have one out of order. The purpose is to give Users a way to create a 'backup'...