Windows 10: Local administrator account has no access to Password Policy

Discus and support Local administrator account has no access to Password Policy in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Local administrator account has no access to Password Policy local password policy.. Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Local Security Policy >... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ali keywest, Jun 8, 2021.

1. Local administrator account has no access to Password Policy

Local administrator account has no access to Password Policy local password policy.. Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Local Security Policy > Security Settings > Account Policies > Password Policy > I can get inside password policy folder, but cannot change below mentioned features 1. Enforce password history2. Maximum password age3. Minimum password age4. Minimum password length5. Password must meet complexity requirements Device isn't connected to Domain. It's a standalone device.. Device was upgrade to Windows 10 previously OS was Windows 07 Pro...

:)

ali keywest, Jun 8, 2021

2. Accessing Password Policy in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you would like to set Password policy. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to know what happened when you try to change the policy. Did you get any error message?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

You must log in as administrator to access these settings.

• Press Windows key + R and type secpol.msc
      and press enter.

• The Local Security Policy window will open. Now from the left pane, choose
      Password Policy from under Account Policies.

• On the right side, choose Maximum password age.

• If you wish the password to never Expire, set the value to
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jun 8, 2021
  3. 'Hidden Administrator' account asking for password.

We would like to clarify how did you enable the Hidden Administrator account. We suggest using the
    Local Security Policy to enable to hidden administrator in Windows 10. Kindly follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R to open the Run dialog.
    • Type secpol.msc, and click on OK.
    • In the left pane, click on the Local Policies folder to expand it, and click on the
      Security Options folder.
    • In the right pane of Security Options, double click on
      Accounts: Administrator account status.
    • Select Enabled, and click on OK.
    Let us know whenever you need further assistance.

Nathaniel Mon, Jun 8, 2021
  4. simrick Win User

Local administrator account has no access to Password Policy

How to revert local account to administrator acc.

Hello. I am not sure I understand the question. Let me see:

• You had an administrative account (local, not MS).
    • You changed this administrative account to a limited account.
    • You want to change the limited account back to an administrative account.
    • You have another administrative account, but you don't know the password.

Is this correct?

You must be logged into an administrative account in order to give administrative rights to a local account.

Does another user of the computer know the password to the administrative account?
    Did you create a password reset disk for the administrative account?

simrick, Jun 8, 2021
Thema:

Local administrator account has no access to Password Policy

1. Local administrator account has no access to Password Policy - Similar Threads - Local administrator account

2. Why Administrator account has password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Administrator account has password?: Hi thereI have some problemI need to install some software on my computer, but it require to login the administrator account.So I type on command prompt "net user administrator /active :yes".But when I want to login in administrator account, it ask for password. -I've...
  3. Why Administrator account has password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why Administrator account has password?: Hi thereI have some problemI need to install some software on my computer, but it require to login the administrator account.So I type on command prompt "net user administrator /active :yes".But when I want to login in administrator account, it ask for password. -I've...
  4. Password policy on Local Group Policy Editor not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password policy on Local Group Policy Editor not working: Hi,I tried to prompt the user to input his new password after a period of time. For testing purpose, i set one day on the Maximum password age. However, the requiring input of password was not activated. after one day, the user was still not requested for submitting his new...
  5. Password policy on Local Group Policy Editor not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password policy on Local Group Policy Editor not working: Hi,I tried to prompt the user to input his new password after a period of time. For testing purpose, i set one day on the Maximum password age. However, the requiring input of password was not activated. after one day, the user was still not requested for submitting his new...
  6. forgotten administrator local account password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    forgotten administrator local account password: Dear Microsoft support team.I forgotten my administrator local account password and their security questions because I always used my my face id or my pin to sign in to my laptop. is there any way to recover or reset the password?I know my old password but last year I change...
  7. forgotten administrator local account password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    forgotten administrator local account password: Dear Microsoft support team.I forgotten my administrator local account password and their security questions because I always used my my face id or my pin to sign in to my laptop. is there any way to recover or reset the password?I know my old password but last year I change...
  8. forgotten administrator local account password

9. Password Policy / Built in Administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Password Policy / Built in Administrator: My PC was set up by somebody I can no longer contact. It does not have an Administrator account, just user administrators. To recreate some missing dll files I need to run System File Checker, sfc but to do this it must be run from an Administrator account. So - I need to...
  10. Password Policy for local standard vs local admin accounts

Password Policy for local standard vs local admin accounts: I have TEN Windows 10 Pro computers on a peer to peer network no domain. Each computer has 2 LOCAL non Microsoft accounts - 1 Admin and 1 standard user non-admin. Is it possible to set a password policy where the policy can be set against ONLY the LOCAL standard user...