Windows 10: Local Administrator cannot install software on domain member server

Discus and support Local Administrator cannot install software on domain member server in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm worker in small company, and I don't have admin rights on domain, but in our work we need to install some softwares, I did a btach file to install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by عبدالله2410, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Local Administrator cannot install software on domain member server

I'm worker in small company, and I don't have admin rights on domain, but in our work we need to install some softwares, I did a btach file to install these app but beside that we need to reconfigure some settings on client pc, when I run the batch the only things work the setting any thing relating to domain files not work, the softwares some are msi and some exe.

Is there anyway to install the softwares and do setting I need at the same time.

and this is MY BATCH: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1juC03DnnuLCz2STO47KoVOb94YH7-CYZ/view?usp=sharing

Note I must copy the batch file to the client pc to do settings part.

Thanks in advance and if you need any info I'll bring it to you.

:)

عبدالله2410, Apr 24, 2019
  2. Kari Win User

Windows Server 2016 - Setup Local Domain Controller  

Hi Bcil, welcome to Ten Forums.

A local domain is as name says local. It should not be named as any existing domain. If you have a site up and running on http://MyExtremelyGoodBusiness.com, you should not use that name for your local domain.

In fact, you should not even use official top level domains in the name of your local domain (.com, .net, .org, .co.uk, .fr and so on). You can use pretty much anything else you want to; I used to use .home on my local domains but as .homes (for real estate agents) was accepted to the list of official top level domains I wanted to change mine as it was in my opinion too close.

Check this list, do not use anything on it: List of Internet top-level domains - Wikipedia

3. Domain users that already have member of Local Administrators group can't open Edge, Calc and etc.

I join Windows 10 Pro in to our Domain.

I grant his domain user in member of Local Administrator group on his machine and set GPO and registry as below.

After restart his laptop, he can't do anything, Edge, Calc and etc. can't open relate in UAC.

Please help me fix.

Pakkapong Sittapanich, Apr 24, 2019
  4. JasonNJ Win User

Local Administrator cannot install software on domain member server

Windows Server 2016 - Setup Local Domain Controller

Hi,
    Great post! Thank you for these detailed instructions. I got to step 4.11 - 4.13. I am running Windows Server 2016 as a VM in VM Workstation 12 Pro. Before I made these changes, I had internet access. My VM Network Adapter is set to NAT.

I'm now connected to my new domain and I've changed the Preferred DNS address back to my router's IP address, but I'm still showing "No Internet access" and I have the yellow warning on my network connection. Any suggestions? I've restarted the vm and the main machine with no luck.

JasonNJ, Apr 24, 2019
Thema:

Local Administrator cannot install software on domain member server

1. Local Administrator cannot install software on domain member server - Similar Threads - Local Administrator cannot

2. Domain user has administrator privilege in local PC suddenly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Domain user has administrator privilege in local PC suddenly: Hi Guys, I found that in my domain, Domain user has administrator privilege in local PC suddenly . I haven't set the the GPO and navigate to Computer Configuration -> Policies -> Windows Settings -> Security Settings -> Restricted Group, which of records is empty. I...
  3. Cannot install apps as administrator

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot install apps as administrator: my account is currently listed as the only account on the program, and I am the sole administrator. I have attempted to install apps, but have encountered DLL issues stating that I did not have the necessary permissions. also, there is no "run as administrator" button for...
  4. software install: Administrative Privileges Required

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    software install: Administrative Privileges Required: Hi All, I just built a fresh Win10 machine. Its part of a windows domain which applies admin accounts. I've updated the machine, and allowed all group policies to apply. I have verified that my domain admin account is a local admin on the PC. When I try to install MS...
  5. cannot join domain on server 2003

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot join domain on server 2003: Hi all, since Microsoft released 1803 version of Windows 10, I am not able to join domain on SBS 2003 (single label). On June 2018 some updates was released in Win10 1709 and since then it is not possible to connect to domain too. The only solution is clean installation of...
  6. Creation of a local account as a family member

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Creation of a local account as a family member: Hi How do I create a local account, as a family member? Thanks Bye 22792
  7. Domain and Local account login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Domain and Local account login: Hello, I have an Azure joined laptop with my domain account. Also I have a local account on the laptop as well. When I start the device, it logs into the local account first (no password on the local account so signs straight in). To get onto my domain account, I have...
  8. domain server problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    domain server problems: I have had windows 10 a couple weeks and if this issue had not starter a week before that I would blame 10. My internet cuts off at random times, sometimes just for seconds and sometimes I have to turn off modem and restart. At first the troubleshooter said dns problems,...
  9. Domain Users not receiving Local Administrators Permissions

in Windows 10 Support
    Domain Users not receiving Local Administrators Permissions: Hey all, I am currently testing Windows 10 for implementation at the company I am working at and so far everything is working pretty good. When setting up computers we always add Domain Users as a member of the local administrators group so to be able to have certain...
  10. Windows Server 2016 - Setup Local Domain Controller

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Windows Server 2016 - Setup Local Domain Controller: Nice tutorial Kari. *Smile 51456