Windows 10: Local -> Azure -> Azure user not showing up

Discus and support Local -> Azure -> Azure user not showing up in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; We have a laptop here that has a local account Through adding on Access Work/School I was able to connect it to our azure. It then told me that... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Mouyss, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Mouyss Win User

Local -> Azure -> Azure user not showing up

We have a laptop here that has a local account

Through adding on Access Work/School I was able to connect it to our azure.

It then told me that when I'm "ready" I can switch accounts.

However there is no other user to switch to.

When looking at the list of Users, Your Info still is the local user. Under Other users however I can see the AzureAD/USERNAME.

What do I do now?

:)

Mouyss, Jan 6, 2021
  2. Kari Win User

Convert online Microsoft Azure account to local account?

Unfortunately, you cannot switch an Azure AD account to a local or Microsoft account. You need to create a new user account first, make it an admin account, then disconnect from your organizational account, restart and sign in to new local account.

All software remains installed and intact but all user specific customizations and settings are lost, new local user starting from scratch with default settings.

The whole process step by step:

1.) Copy your personal data (documents, images etc.) from current Azure AD user profile folder to respective folders in C:\Users\Public

2.) In Settings > Accounts > Other people, add a new local user (see Option One in this tutorial) and change it's account type to Administrator (tutorial)

3.) Check that everything is correct, that you will see your Azure AD account under Work or school users (yellow highlight), and your new local admin account under Other people (blue highlight):

Local -> Azure -> Azure user not showing up [​IMG]

4.) Select Access work or school on left pane, select the connected Azure AD domain, click Disconnect:

5.) Click Yes:

6.) Click Disconnect:

7.) Enter the username and password for your new local admin account, click OK:

8.) Click Restart now:

9.) When back on desktop with your new local admin account, move personal data from Public folder and its subfolders you backed up in step 1 above to respective subfolders on new user profile folder. If the old Azure AD user profile folder is still present in Users folder, it can be deleted now.

That's it.

Kari, Jan 6, 2021
  3. w10 azure clients Local accounts not showing after 1803 update

After azure clients update to 1803, the local admin account drops from the account picker at the login/lock screen. Only the last Azure user that signed in and Other User show in the user selection area. While logged into Windows the local user do not show
    when attempting to switch accounts from the start menu.

The account still shows under Computer Management/Users. User also shows under Settings/Accounts/Other Users.

MARIA FELISA ALDEA JIMENEZ, Jan 6, 2021
  4. Local -> Azure -> Azure user not showing up

NVIDIA GPUs to Accelerate Microsoft Azure

As an Azure user this is nice to see *Smile Local -> Azure -> Azure user not showing up :)

remixedcat, Jan 6, 2021
Thema:

Local -> Azure -> Azure user not showing up

1. Local -> Azure -> Azure user not showing up - Similar Threads - Local Azure Azure

2. Windows Local User Account vs Azure AD Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Local User Account vs Azure AD Account: Hi All,When we apply Password Policy in Intune for Azure Ad Account to Login to Window Computers, Does the policy applies to Local user Account as well ?For Example: When creating Windows device compliance Policy we have option to Password expiration days, if we apply this...
  3. Windows Local User Account vs Azure AD Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Local User Account vs Azure AD Account: Hi All,When we apply Password Policy in Intune for Azure Ad Account to Login to Window Computers, Does the policy applies to Local user Account as well ?For Example: When creating Windows device compliance Policy we have option to Password expiration days, if we apply this...
  4. Windows Local User Account vs Azure AD Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Azure users asked for TOTP

Azure users asked for TOTP: Hello,I have multiple users who, starting last week on the same day, are seeing a new sign in screen every time their computers lock or start up. Rather than showing their name and asking for a password, the login screen now shows Other User asking for username, password, and...
  6. Azure users asked for TOTP

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Azure users asked for TOTP: Hello,I have multiple users who, starting last week on the same day, are seeing a new sign in screen every time their computers lock or start up. Rather than showing their name and asking for a password, the login screen now shows Other User asking for username, password, and...
  7. Azure users asked for TOTP

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Azure MFA on Azure VMs

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Azure MFA on Azure VMs: For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to get the Microsoft MFA to work on an Azure VM server. I can get it to work with everything else, just not VMs. Can someone point me in the direction to some "good" instructions to get this done. I really do not want to get a 3rd...
  9. Azure

Azure: is it free if not and how do i cancel it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/azure/82fef9d6-3efd-4f0f-962a-5cc71dfb619b
  10. Microsoft Azure Sign Up

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft Azure Sign Up: [ATTACH] Greetings dear passenger; When I was getting to sign in the Microsoft Azure, I got this error in my screen. I was trying to sign in with my school e-mail but I think it's not working. I have been studying at Middle Eastern Technical University and it's one of the...