Windows 10: Local C drive keep filling up!!!???

Discus and support Local C drive keep filling up!!!??? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello Microsoft Community, This is my first post on the community page and I'm sure its been asked before, but I seem to keep running out of disk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by gasper1704, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Local C drive keep filling up!!!???

Hello Microsoft Community,

This is my first post on the community page and I'm sure its been asked before, but I seem to keep running out of disk space on my c: drive and its driving me absolutely crazy having to try and clean it on a daily basis to only get a gb or 2 to maybe sometime getting back 20gb from nothing. This has been going on for the last several months and there really isn't anything helpful that I have tried to get me my disk space back. I have a 226gb ssd local c: but when I highlight all the files inside the c disk and click the properties button to show how much space has been used, it only shows 32 gb of my drive being in use. I do not store any programs or games directly to my c drive. If I install anything I put it on my 1 tb hard drive and run everything through that hard drive so I know I don't have any programs or games bogging down the c drive. Learned that the first time I had to completely reinstall windows 10 on to my computer as a fresh copy.

But I have also ran the chkdsk c: /f /v/ x command in command prompt as administrator and restarted the computer. The computer did its checks and repairs and loaded me back into my sign on screen. I signed in and seen that I didn't get but maybe a gb back from doing that.

I have done all the clean disk options in the properties tabs of the right click menu and I barely even get a few mb back which isn't much of nothing.

I have deleted all my system restore points and turned them off until I can resolve this problem.

I have turned off my computers hibernation option and that netted me 20gbs back but within a few hours I get the famous "LOW DISK SPACE ERROR" screen on both of my screens and my computer nearly just wants to slow down to a snails pace, my task bar icons are almost all invisible and a lot of my desktop icons are blank as well but just showing the names floating on the screen.

I feel like I have exhausted most of my options and can't seem to pull ahead anywhere with this problem. I even thought about buying a bigger ssd card since thats what my main os is running off of to try and help rectify the problem. But it dawned on me that doing so wouldn't fix the problem but just let the problem grow even more into the newer bigger ssd card. So I scrapped that idea really quick.

I'm coming to probably one of the biggest and best community's to help me fix this problem that seems to be a huge issue especially for someone like me that uses his computer on a daily basis for personal and professional use. I hope to get these problems fixed as soon as possible.

Thanks for the feedback if you leave any.

:)

gasper1704, Mar 3, 2020
  2. RickFran84, Mar 3, 2020
  3. c drive filling up

I am getting a problem. I am downloading a big 55 gb iso file in other drive except C but C drive is filling up. Why? and what is the solution?

AsaduzzamanAsad, Mar 3, 2020
  4. busreilly Win User

Local C drive keep filling up!!!???

C Drive Keeps Filling Up

Thanks. Extremely interesting article. I followed the steps as outlined, but when I was as the step to Stop the Windows Modules Installer Service, it was already stopped. So I was not quite sure how to proceed, so I abandoned the process. Since I had
    already manually deleted most of the cab files, I now have 190 GB free space. I will closely monitor the free space to see how quickly it fills up, and if it fills up as quickly as the article suggests might happen, I will try again to follow the instructions
    to see if I can get it to work. With the service already stopped, and set to Manual, if I get to that point again, do you have any suggestions on how to proceed? Thanks again for this very insightful article -- it sure explains a lot.

busreilly, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

Local C drive keep filling up!!!???

1. Local C drive keep filling up!!!??? - Similar Threads - Local drive keep

2. C: drive filling up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C: drive filling up: I have a new Surface Go 2 laptop with Windows 11 Home installed. There should be about 120 G storage space on it. My apps are listed in System / Storage as using about 90 GB and I have hardly anything else on the machine - it is all in the cloud. The C drive is sitting at red...
  3. C Drive keeps filling up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C Drive keeps filling up: my c drive keeps filling up all the time. maybe 4 days ago my disk space was very low about 30-40gb so i deleted some games. then i had 80gb of free space but suddenly the next day i go onto my computer and i only have 35gb left. now that i check my c drive it keeps filling...
  4. C Drive keeps filling up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C Drive keeps filling up: my c drive keeps filling up all the time. maybe 4 days ago my disk space was very low about 30-40gb so i deleted some games. then i had 80gb of free space but suddenly the next day i go onto my computer and i only have 35gb left. now that i check my c drive it keeps filling...
  5. C Drive keeps filling up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. SSD C:\ drive keeps filling up

SSD C:\ drive keeps filling up: I'm running Windows 10 and my C drive will randomly fill up suddenly. It will go from having 30+ GB free to only 6-10. I'll use disk cleanup but find less than a GB available to delete. Yet a few days later it'll go back to having 30+ GB free again. I installed TreeSize and...
  7. C drive keeps filling up

C drive keeps filling up: Hi i need help fixing an issue on my c drive. It keeps filling up even when i delete stuff, i can literally my space filling up on storage settings. For now i have looked online to see how to fix it but i just cant find where everything is being stored. I have tried to...
  8. C drive keeps filling up for no reason

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    C drive keeps filling up for no reason: Hello there, my C Drive keeps filling up for no reason, free space on it is dangerously low and I don't know what to do. I've cleared all %temp% and temp files and it still is low on space. somebody please help me with this asap submitted by /u/killmonger2367 [link]...
  9. Local C drive keep filling up!!!??? SOLVED

Local C drive keep filling up!!!??? SOLVED: Hello Microsoft Community, This is my first post on the community page and I'm sure its been asked before, but I seem to keep running out of disk space on my c: drive and its driving me absolutely crazy having to try and clean it on a daily basis to only get a gb or 2 to...
  10. My local disk c keep filling up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My local disk c keep filling up: I try to clean the disk space but theres no file in it When i scan for virus theres no virus How do i fix this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/my-local-disk-c-keep-filling-up/17e150fa-e75c-4504-8eb0-72f70e1c8a50