Windows 10: Local C taking free space

Discus and support Local C taking free space in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After updating to 21h1 version on Windows 10 Pro local C is taking space day by day with 1-2 Gb , I don’t know why , how can I fix it ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TiberiuB, May 30, 2021.

1. TiberiuB Win User

Local C taking free space

After updating to 21h1 version on Windows 10 Pro local C is taking space day by day with 1-2 Gb , I don’t know why , how can I fix it ?

:)

TiberiuB, May 30, 2021

2. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, May 30, 2021
  3. Anwille Win User
    extend c drive storage space

Hi, I'm , an Independent Advisor.

Disk Management is a Windows built-in tool that supports to increase partition size with its "Extend Volume" feature. However, the program has some limitations in increasing disk space:

- Extend Volume only works on NTFS and RAW partition. FAT32 and other file systems are not supported.

- The Extend Volume will grey out if there is no adjacent unallocated space behind the target partition.

So, the ways to increasing C drive with or without adjacent unallocated space are different. Open the Disk Management, and follow the right tutorials listed below to extend the local disk C drive on your own now:

#1. Increase C Drive Space with Adjacent Unallocated Space

Step 1. Right-click This PC/My Computer, click "Manage", select "Disk Management" under Storage.

Step 2. Locate and right-click on the local disk C drive, and choose "Extend Volume".

Step 3. Set and add more space to your system C drive and click "Next" to continue.

Step 4. Click "Finish" to complete the process.

Note that if that unallocated space on your system disk is not behind the C drive, you can't extend C drive in Disk Management.

Hope this helps. Let me know if I can help you further!

Anwille, May 30, 2021
  4. Local C taking free space

Windows is taking up too much hard drive space.

Hi Trisha,

Windows might have been accumulated large drive space due to installed apps, temporary files, or etc. For us to identify which item mostly accumulates your drive space, we suggest that you check it here:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Storage, and then press Enter.
    • Under Local Storage, click on This
      PC (CLocal C taking free space :).
    • On this window, you will see which item mot accumulate your drive space.

We also recommend that you follow the steps given on this article on how to
    free up drive space in Windows 10
    . Click on every drop down to view the steps.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Janeane Cru, May 30, 2021
Thema:

Local C taking free space

1. Local C taking free space - Similar Threads - Local taking free

2. Freeing space on C drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Freeing space on C drive: Version 21H1 OS Build 19043.1110 I am trying to free up space on my C drive which is a 500Gb SSD. I install all programs to my 2Tb HD. Windirstat tells me Tom Tom the sat nav takes up 153 Gb on my C drive. So I want to uninstall it. Windows said it was uninstalling it from...
  3. Freeing up space on C:

Freeing up space on C:: Is there a simple app that'll show what paths on C: contain all the data? My C: is 230GB and 192GB is used. 5GB is in C:\Users\Me\AppData. Can some (what?) be safely deleted? Thanks. Using Win 10.0.19041.964 180693
  4. Freeing up space on C:

in Windows 10 Support
    Freeing up space on C:: Is there a simple app that'll show what paths on C: contain all the data? My C: is 230GB and 192GB is used. 5GB is in C:\Users\Me\AppData. Can some (what?) be safely deleted? Thanks. Using Win 10.0.19041.964 180693
  5. Windows taking up free space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows taking up free space: I have downloaded gears 5 using game pass and deleted later. The game has been deleted but its still taking up space. When I checked, a folder 'MSIXVC', is take up nearly 85 GB. Kindly somebody find me a solution to free up space....
  6. My Local Disk C free space keep decreasing for no reason at all.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Local Disk C free space keep decreasing for no reason at all.: Hi, Yesterday, my windows 10 local disk C space keep increasing from 35gb free space to 0 instantly. i went through some support tricks from various website, using -MalwareBytes -CCleaner -Treesize -Windows Disk cleanup -Windows restore points -chkdsk repair -SFC...
  7. C Drive losing free space

C Drive losing free space: Hello, I have a new laptop. On 17/08/19, C:\ had 85GB free space out of 117 GB total. Every week, it is losing about 5GB free space, and currently stands at 66.7 GB. I do not understand why free space should be lost. Can someone please help? Here are salient items of...
  8. C Drive losing free space

in Windows 10 Support
    C Drive losing free space: Hello, I have a new laptop. On 17/08/19, C:\ had 85GB free space out of 117 GB total. Every week, it is losing about 5GB free space, and currently stands at 66.7 GB. I do not understand why free space should be lost. Can someone please help? Here are salient items of...
  9. Local Disk C low space

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Local Disk C low space: Hi ! I think I'm having trouble with my Local Disc C memory, It's a SSD disk, which I use only to install my programs because it doesn't have much space. I save my files in the Disk D so I don't get why did Disk's C memory went so low ? So can u help me if there's a way to...
  10. Freeing up space in Windows (C:)

in Windows 10 Support
    Freeing up space in Windows (C:): I am getting errors saying that I do not have any storage left, so I looked and my windows (C) drive is full ( 665MB free of 118 GB) but my DATA (D) drive still has a lot of storage space (876 GB free of 913 GB). I have changed the defaults to now save new things to (D) but I...