Windows 10: Local D Drive is full

Discus and support Local D Drive is full in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I keep getting an message saying my local D drive is full. Now my computer is running poorly. It shows all my space is taken by "misc". There is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kerri 9156, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Local D Drive is full

I keep getting an message saying my local D drive is full. Now my computer is running poorly. It shows all my space is taken by "misc". There is nothing on my computer except photos. I feel like it has something to do with an update but I don't know how to fix it.

:)

Kerri 9156, Feb 16, 2019

2. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Feb 16, 2019
  3. LOCAL D DRIVE NEAR CAPACITY

I have a Dell Inspiron i5 running Windows 10 storage problem. I have an issue with my local D drive. The local D drive is near capacity at 450 MBPS. The system files are only 17 MBPS but the other file is 407 MBPS yet it shows no files and I can't open
    the other files to see what's there. Since it is near capacity, I keep getting an error message. I can't seem to increase the storage capacity of the local D drive. What can I do to resolve the my issue?

BrianSivell, Feb 16, 2019
  4. Local D Drive is full

Cannot access D drive since upgrading to Windows 10.

Hello Judy,

Thank you for replying quickly with the status of the issue.

Please reply to few more questions:

• Is the D: drive located on the same hard disk or on different hard disk?

• Did you have any important data saved on the
      D:
      drive?

If the D: is saved on another hard disk and you are unable to access it, I suggest you to format the drive completely and check if the issue is resolved.

To format the hard disk, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Disk management option.

• Right click on the D: drive and select
      Format option.

• Wait for the formatting to complete and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Feb 16, 2019
Thema:

Local D Drive is full

1. Local D Drive is full - Similar Threads - Local Drive full

2. C: Drive full D: Drive Empty

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C: Drive full D: Drive Empty: Hello, I recently noticed my pc freezing and crashing and I believe it is due to me running out of storage. I found another thread which said that I should shrink/delete the empty drive and then extend the other but when I try to extend it the button is grayed out. Any help...
  3. d drive says it is full when it is not

d drive says it is full when it is not: my d drive is saying it is full when trying to put a folder in the root but i have 500 gb free https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/d-drive-says-it-is-full-when-it-is-not/51ab1753-2730-4466-ae75-f3389cdf2658
  4. D: drive full

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    D: drive full: I keep getting message RECOVERY D: full. What do I have to do to clear uninstall unwanted files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/d-drive-full/f3594a9e-5b13-4a6e-8813-0b1318adadfd
  5. Local D backup drive is full? How to fix?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Local D backup drive is full? How to fix?: Hello, When my desktop was installed a local D drive was created for backups I believe. It has been full and I continue to get warnings. How can I allocate more space or change backup destination? Thanks, Greg...
  6. Full D drive

Full D drive: My D disk is almost full and I am unable to empty it. It says there are no folders to show me and the contents are "Other". However, my C drive has almost nothing in it. I am getting constant reminders that D disk is almost full....
  7. Drive D: Seems to be full

Drive D: Seems to be full: I have transferred over 4000 pictures from my mini iPad to Windows 10. Now I can't access my documents on drive D: Is there anything I can do to remedy? Help Robert...
  8. C drive full, D drive empty

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    C drive full, D drive empty: My C drive has 103 GB while my D drive has 931 GB, meanwhile the C drive is where everything is installed and the D drive is basically empty (924 GB free). This doesn't make any sense. How do I get my C drive to have all the space that my D drive has?...
  9. Full Recovery(D:) drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Full Recovery(D:) drive: My Recovery(D:) drive has always said it was almost full. (contained 13.5 gigabytes of content) I entered Settings >> System >> Storage >> Recovery(D:) >> Other and then it said, "We couldn't find any files to show you." Here's a screenshot(ish): [IMG]...
  10. Drive D is full

Drive D is full: How do I create more space in Drive D https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-d-is-full/80a57551-0dff-4b37-9112-3c468cf94f16"