Windows 10: local disk changing

Discus and support local disk changing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The current Local disk that has windows is 110Gb and ive connected another 931GB one. Im not sure how to move everything from the 110 to 931... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by whaco, May 21, 2022.

1. whaco Win User

local disk changing

The current Local disk that has windows is 110Gb and ive connected another 931GB one. Im not sure how to move everything from the 110 to 931

:)

whaco, May 21, 2022

2. Recovering Local Disk

Thank you for your quick response.

It could be a compatibility issue with the latest update and your local disk. We suggest updating your disk driver. Follow these steps:

• On the Start, type Device Manager.
    • Locate and select Disk drives.
    • Right-click on your disk drive, select Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab and choose Update Driver.
    • Once done, click OK.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ronalene Mat, May 21, 2022
  3. Airider Win User
    why do 2 Local Disks get isolated?

This HP has a new SSD. I just now found this and wonder if it is stupids and/or dangerous to try <

"How to delete EFI partition with Diskpart

Step 1. Hit "Windows Key + R to open the run dialogue box, enter "diskpart" and click "OK" to open a black command prompt window.
    Step 2. Type "list disk" to display all the disks of your computer. Type "select disk n" to identify which disk you need to work with. Here n stands for the disk letter.
    Step 3. Type "list partition" to display all the volumes on the hard drive. Type "select partition n" to identify which partition you want to remove. Here n stands for the volume letter.
    Step 4. Type "delete partition override" to remove the EFI partition. Finally, type "exit" to close the windows when you receive the message says, DiskPart successfully deleted the selected partition"

just for a better understanding, but not wanting to complete it, I took these steps >

local disk changing [​IMG]

in this context >

local disk changing [​IMG]

so C: should be using 70GB I assume (461- 391)

Am sure my lack of expert knowledge is showing!

Airider, May 21, 2022
  4. SreehariV Win User

local disk changing

accidently changed permission on local disk E

i changed permission on local disk E and removed users n groups(Authenticated users ). Now i cant write anything on to that local disk. what can i do to restore default permission rights?? (I tried adding Authenticated users from security>edit>add>advanced>search
    list but then it showed some error message. )

SreehariV, May 21, 2022
Thema:

local disk changing

1. local disk changing - Similar Threads - local disk changing

2. Changing permissions on the local disk/cdrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing permissions on the local disk/cdrive: Might be an silly question but i had to make an exceptional case and give myself full control of the local disk, can i change the permissions to how they were before?Just anxiety of getting locked out of my own drive or something like that....
  3. Changing permissions on the local disk/cdrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing permissions on the local disk/cdrive: Might be an silly question but i had to make an exceptional case and give myself full control of the local disk, can i change the permissions to how they were before?Just anxiety of getting locked out of my own drive or something like that....
  4. Changing permissions on the local disk/cdrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. local disk changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    local disk changing: The current Local disk that has windows is 110Gb and ive connected another 931GB one. Im not sure how to move everything from the 110 to 931 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-disk-changing/b5ef9c3c-9fb0-4d95-bb52-28e6cad9a914
  6. local disk changing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    local disk changing: The current Local disk that has windows is 110Gb and ive connected another 931GB one. Im not sure how to move everything from the 110 to 931 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-disk-changing/b5ef9c3c-9fb0-4d95-bb52-28e6cad9a914
  7. Local Disk

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local Disk: J'ai plus accès à mon local disk et mon windows10[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-disk/2b967aa6-dc03-43a4-bc7f-f843213645a6
  8. CD Drive changes into local disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD Drive changes into local disk: hello, I'm facing a problem in windows 10 , my CD drive changes into Local Disk , I mean to say that my cd rom drive is now showing Local disk G . plz help me fix this problem .[ATTACH]...
  9. CD ROM changes into local disk

CD ROM changes into local disk: hello, I'm facing a problem in windows 10 , my CD ROM drive changes into Local Disk , I mean to say that my cd rom drive is now showing Local disk G . plz help me fix this problem .[ATTACH]...
  10. Local Disk

Local Disk: Hey there, sorry for wasting your time. But I left my computer overnight and when I came back I had my Local Disk full. I remember having around 98-100 space left last night. Any reason why that happened? Do I have a virus on my computer? Anyone having the same issue?...