Windows 10: Local disk D didn't show same size

Discus and support Local disk D didn't show same size in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was suffering (?) With red storage of my laptop (with windows 10). Suddenly i just wondering if i really actually used that much storage? Since its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ilma SafiraBaehaqi1, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Local disk D didn't show same size

I was suffering (?) With red storage of my laptop (with windows 10).

Suddenly i just wondering if i really actually used that much storage? Since its it local disk d

Then i just ctrl+A of my folders in D: it just show 195 GB used. I have 367 GB storage so i must have 172 GB free right? But actually it show i just have 25,7 GB free. Where is the rest 146,3 GB? It pretty big right?

I dont know if system have eat so much storage, but i have click show hidden files and system storage (I also dunno if it didnt change just change the view).

And i check my disk in command prompt

And i saw the different

It show

385887231 KB total disk space

359479656 KB in 60478 files

20952 KB in 3453 indexes

0 KB in bad sectors

214671 KB in use by the system

65536 KB occupied by the log fiile

26171952 KB available on disk

While in properties

47,671 files 1,779 folders

Size 195 GB (210,190,860,290 bytes)

When i see the number of files it pretty difference right?

I also have tried to do disk clean up and system restore. But no change since it show i'll be gain 0 bytes.

I'm happy if i can get the 146,3 GB back. But if its for system i'm totally ok. I just want to make it clear.

Thank you.

:)

Ilma SafiraBaehaqi1, Aug 18, 2019

2. Local Disk D:

I continue to get messages telling me that my local disk D: is full. It asks me if I want to do a disk clean up. When I say yes, it takes me to disk clean up, but there is nothing showing that is on locak disk D:. It shows that I have plenty of space
    and nothing gets deleted off of it.

What is actually stored on local disk D: and why am I getting this message if nothing is showing on it when I go to disk clean up?

CandyB1020, Aug 18, 2019
  3. Kruk Win User
    GPT Reserved Partition showing as Local Disk

Hi

I have a two laptops with Windows 10 x64. Recently I noticed new partition with next available letter. Size is 128mb and it can't be accessed. I checked in Disk Management but this partition is not listed there as per the below screen:

Local disk D didn't show same size [​IMG]

I used MiniTool Partition Wizard and managed to see details about this partition.

I tried Diskpart to remove Drive Letter but no luck:

This happened at the same time on my two HP laptops but not sure what could cause it. Maybe some Windows update? I do not remember installing any new apps. I would like to remove this disk from the list of available disks.

Can anyone suggest/advise how I can remove this from the list?

Thanks

4. Local disk D didn't show same size

Local Disk (DLocal disk D didn't show same size :) drive is full

Normally D: is a recovery partition which you should never touch.

More information is required.

What is the overall size of D:?

Find the size and post the information back here.

You work on partitions in Disk Management:

Right click on the far left Windows icon in the taskbar > select Disk Management.

Cheers.

Bill Smithers, Aug 18, 2019
Thema:

Local disk D didn't show same size

1. Local disk D didn't show same size - Similar Threads - Local disk didn't

2. extending local disk D

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    extending local disk D: I am trying to extend local disk c. There is no unallocated space in the right of C. I have a local disk D which cannot delete or formatgreyed. kindly help. Also i keep getting ERROR 0x80070057 whenever I try to transfer files from C to create space...
  3. extending local disk D

in Windows 10 Gaming
    extending local disk D: I am trying to extend local disk c. There is no unallocated space in the right of C. I have a local disk D which cannot delete or formatgreyed. kindly help. Also i keep getting ERROR 0x80070057 whenever I try to transfer files from C to create space...
  4. extending local disk D

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. two local disk D showing in disk management

two local disk D showing in disk management: I installed a new SSD to my laptop and then cloned my HDD to it then I used diskpart to delete partitions on HDD only leaving my local disk D which was partition 4 then I tried extend volume but it turned local disk D yellow which I want to convert back to blue and when I...
  6. two local disk D showing in disk management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    two local disk D showing in disk management: I installed a new SSD to my laptop and then cloned my HDD to it then I used diskpart to delete partitions on HDD only leaving my local disk D which was partition 4 then I tried extend volume but it turned local disk D yellow which I want to convert back to blue and when I...
  7. two local disk D showing in disk management

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Hard drive shows up as Local Disk D

Hard drive shows up as Local Disk D: I cant access my external drive and it shows as local disk D https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-shows-up-as-local-disk-d/ea2327aa-81a2-488d-9d37-f833daab3f4b
  9. local disk d

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    local disk d: hi, i need some help, please help.... the problem is my hp laptop's local disk d is corrupted.... when I try to open it, it says that i have to format the disk.. And when I click format a blue screen appear.. and the stop code : KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED.. please...
  10. Local Disk D issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Local Disk D issue: Hello, I recently started getting popup notifications that my Local Disk (D:) was almost full. When I couldn't figure out how to fix the issue on my own i decided to look on to the Microsoft Community for answers. I believe i resolved the issue which according to many...