Windows 10: Local Disk E: removed and need to recover

Discus and support Local Disk E: removed and need to recover in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; On the latest windows update, I removed the Local Disk E: through this process and need to recover it. Type cmd in Windows Start Search box Cortana >... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by chrisk_171, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Local Disk E: removed and need to recover

On the latest windows update, I removed the Local Disk E: through this process and need to recover it.

Type cmd in Windows Start Search box Cortana > Right click and run as Administrator
    Give following command and Enter: diskpart
    Now another window will be opened having diskpart.exe
    Give following command and Enter: list volume
    Give following command and Enter: select volume e
    here n is volume number which you want to remove
    Give following command and Enter: remove letter=e

:)

chrisk_171, Jan 30, 2021

2. Recovering Local Disk

Thank you for your quick response.

It could be a compatibility issue with the latest update and your local disk. We suggest updating your disk driver. Follow these steps:

• On the Start, type Device Manager.
    • Locate and select Disk drives.
    • Right-click on your disk drive, select Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab and choose Update Driver.
    • Once done, click OK.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ronalene Mat, Jan 30, 2021
  3. SreehariV Win User
    accidently changed permission on local disk E

i changed permission on local disk E and removed users n groups(Authenticated users ). Now i cant write anything on to that local disk. what can i do to restore default permission rights?? (I tried adding Authenticated users from security>edit>add>advanced>search
    list but then it showed some error message. )

SreehariV, Jan 30, 2021
  4. Local Disk E: removed and need to recover

Local Disk E out of space

I don't have a local disk E. I have a 250GB ssd and a 1TB hdd, yet I keep getting a popup saying that my local disk E is running low on space and can be cleaned. When I follow through with this, it lists <DirectX Shader Cache> and <Recycle Bin> but both
    are 0 bytes.

BenRosenblum, Jan 30, 2021
Thema:

Local Disk E: removed and need to recover

1. Local Disk E: removed and need to recover - Similar Threads - Local Disk removed

2. Removed Local Disk Operating System

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Removed Local Disk Operating System: I did something that really really scares me because i don’t know if i can revert this or recover this.I was trying to remove permissions off a user account on my pc. I somehow removed all permissions at all from the pc. I cant access my local disk c on at all. it says it’s...
  3. My local disk E space is gone!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My local disk E space is gone!: Hello, I used Bleachbit to run the function called "wipe free disk space" and after I did it most of my Local Disk E space is gone: See, I have never used 'Local Disk E' in my life, my files and everything are only in the C Drive, and even in the C Drive there's 170 GB free....
  4. local disk c: storage e:

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    local disk c: storage e:: if my local disk storage c: is full will it switch to storage space e: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-disk-c-storage-e/014cfadb-ee88-4ad4-91db-1ca9cf111d59
  5. Local disk E and D dissapeard.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Local disk E and D dissapeard.: Hello, recently I had to download something from my school classroom it was a word file and when I was choosing the file destination it lagged and all my windows froze so I was not able to turn it off only from the power source. I restarted it and my local disks E and D...
  6. After installing Windows 10 in local disk e, instead of local disk d disk management is...

After installing Windows 10 in local disk e, instead of local disk d disk management is...: I have installed windows in local disk c but after installation local disk d was completely missing ,And when i checked in disk management it is showing free space in place of it please help me[IMG]...
  7. Not able to remove Local Disk L:

Not able to remove Local Disk L:: [ATTACH] Hi As you can see I have a L: disk that is connected to nothing I need to remove it, and have no idea how I can do this... Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-remove-local-disk-l/6891bd44-4ece-49fa-9929-5d51fc2cce4c"
  8. Low Disk Space on Local Disk (E:)

Low Disk Space on Local Disk (E:): My Dell Inspiron laptop began displaying the message "Low Disk Space on Local Disk (E:) before it was a year old. When I go to the local E drive, it does not display files for deletion. How do I clean-up the E:drive if there are no folders/files displayed?...
  9. "you are running out of disk space in local disk E"

"you are running out of disk space in local disk E": Can Microsoft please send an update to fix the "you are running out of disk space on local disk E" problem on Windows 10? I see many users have the same problem....
  10. Increase space on local E disk

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Increase space on local E disk: Have plenty of space on C drive. Keep getting message the space on E drive is low. How can I increase memory on E drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/increase-space-on-local-e-disk/55d16937-b500-4e01-86a6-1a9f7c4443f5