Windows 10: Local Disk (F:)

Discus and support Local Disk (F:) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; What is this it has a red bar? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-disk-f/d814ec02-4fcc-4c5e-b32b-a4dc8e6db564 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Meme-12, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Meme-12 Win User

Local Disk (F:)

What is this it has a red bar?

Thank you

:)

Meme-12, Oct 17, 2018

2. Local Disk F

Yesterday I downloaded the new Window 10 update. I then started getting messages that said my local disk f was almost full, I needed to clean. I open Disk F and it shows that it is empty. I do not understand why I am getting this notice, or where local
    Disk f came from, or how to fix it.

AnneHoskins, Oct 17, 2018
  3. topgundcp Win User
    local disk f

This looks like the F: drive is the EFI partition having a size of 300MB. Open Admin Command (Win+X->Command Prompt (Admin)) and type:
    diskpart
    select disk 0
    list partition =====> take a note of the partition # having 300MB. My guess is partition 2
    select partition # =====> replace # with the number in step above
    remove =====> remove the drive letter
    exit

This should remove the drive letter and won't show up in "This PC"

P.S
    do not delete this partition, you won't be able to boot.

topgundcp, Oct 17, 2018
  4. Local Disk (F:)

Local Disk F

I have a local disk F pop up in my PC and only have a (C) drive and (D) drive, theres no other USB connected to the PC. When I try to open the F drive there are no files in it, and says I only have 44mb. left of 450mb. "Disk is low" keeps poping up.

JasonCeletti, Oct 17, 2018
Thema:

Local Disk (F:)

1. Local Disk (F:) - Similar Threads - Local Disk

2. Storage problem with onedrive on my local disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage problem with onedrive on my local disk: HelloI don't know what I have done but it seems to me I am storing the same things over and over again on onedrive and on my local disk C:´\Yesterday I noticed I had only 19GB left of 220 GB. I got help with that but my settings are still wrong. What I want is to edit files...
  3. Storage problem with onedrive on my local disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage problem with onedrive on my local disk: HelloI don't know what I have done but it seems to me I am storing the same things over and over again on onedrive and on my local disk C:´\Yesterday I noticed I had only 19GB left of 220 GB. I got help with that but my settings are still wrong. What I want is to edit files...
  4. My Local Disk is full and I am trying to free up space in settings but nothing is happening

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Local Disk is full and I am trying to free up space in settings but nothing is happening: I am trying to download a big game but I cant because my local disk is full so I went to the storage setting in the settings app and when I check what category is taking up so much storage I see its Apps & Features, I take into account how much is taken up by it and when I go...
  5. My Local Disk is full and I am trying to free up space in settings but nothing is happening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Local Disk is full and I am trying to free up space in settings but nothing is happening: I am trying to download a big game but I cant because my local disk is full so I went to the storage setting in the settings app and when I check what category is taking up so much storage I see its Apps & Features, I take into account how much is taken up by it and when I go...
  6. My Local Disk is full and I am trying to free up space in settings but nothing is happening

7. Unable to access local disk drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access local disk drives: Hi All,I am unable to access my systems disk drives.Cause :- By mistakenly I was removed SYSTEM, User and authenticate users groups from security tap on disk and added only two admin group users but after adding by using those added user also I am unable to access the...
  8. Unable to access local disk drives

Unable to access local disk drives: Hi All,I am unable to access my systems disk drives.Cause :- By mistakenly I was removed SYSTEM, User and authenticate users groups from security tap on disk and added only two admin group users but after adding by using those added user also I am unable to access the...
  9. Unable to access local disk drives

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. How can I increase the storage capacity of my SSD Local Disk C by utilizing the available...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I increase the storage capacity of my SSD Local Disk C by utilizing the available...: As I noticed my SSD Local Disk C filling up quickly while my HDD had ample space, I wish to be assisted on how I can extend my SSD to avoid crashes and data loss. After numerous research on possible solutions, none seem to be exhaustive enough. Maybe I have not researched...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. local disk f