Windows 10: Local Disk filling up randomly

Discus and support Local Disk filling up randomly in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I've noticed that my local disk NVME SSD is randomly filling up. It went from 140gb available to 115gb. This happened right after the latest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Diego Valencia Pérez, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Local Disk filling up randomly

Hi, I've noticed that my local disk NVME SSD is randomly filling up. It went from 140gb available to 115gb.
    This happened right after the latest Windows update. Any suggestions?
    I don't really use my SSD to store data or install programs.

:)

Diego Valencia Pérez, Jun 12, 2020

2. Recovering Local Disk

Thank you for your quick response.

It could be a compatibility issue with the latest update and your local disk. We suggest updating your disk driver. Follow these steps:

• On the Start, type Device Manager.
    • Locate and select Disk drives.
    • Right-click on your disk drive, select Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab and choose Update Driver.
    • Once done, click OK.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ronalene Mat, Jun 12, 2020
  3. Ronaxi Win User
    Local disk keeps filling up

So my local disk, have been filling up by itself recently, and I've tried to delete stuff, but most of my stuff is on another disk, so there weren't much.

I deleted a game from my local disk, and then my disk had 51 GB free, but later when i tried to download an image, i couldn't because my disk was full, even though i hadn't installed anything.

I have tried to use CCleaner, Disk Cleanup and deleted old copies of windows, and nothing works.

I tried to use, Windows Directory Statistics and it says that the folder 'Users' is taking up 73,2% of the space on my local disk, and that the folders default.migrated and in my actual user folder, there's a folder called '.oracle_jre_usage' that takes
    up all the space??

Ronaxi, Jun 12, 2020
  4. Airider Win User

Local Disk filling up randomly

why do 2 Local Disks get isolated?

This HP has a new SSD. I just now found this and wonder if it is stupids and/or dangerous to try <

"How to delete EFI partition with Diskpart

Step 1. Hit "Windows Key + R to open the run dialogue box, enter "diskpart" and click "OK" to open a black command prompt window.
    Step 2. Type "list disk" to display all the disks of your computer. Type "select disk n" to identify which disk you need to work with. Here n stands for the disk letter.
    Step 3. Type "list partition" to display all the volumes on the hard drive. Type "select partition n" to identify which partition you want to remove. Here n stands for the volume letter.
    Step 4. Type "delete partition override" to remove the EFI partition. Finally, type "exit" to close the windows when you receive the message says, DiskPart successfully deleted the selected partition"

just for a better understanding, but not wanting to complete it, I took these steps >

Local Disk filling up randomly [​IMG]

in this context >

Local Disk filling up randomly [​IMG]

so C: should be using 70GB I assume (461- 391)

Am sure my lack of expert knowledge is showing!

Airider, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

Local Disk filling up randomly

1. Local Disk filling up randomly - Similar Threads - Local Disk filling

2. Disk filling up until a reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk filling up until a reboot: I have a VM running in ESXi with Windows Server 2019 running some application that writes data to drive Z not the system disk, NTFS, 500GB capacity.When looking in disk properties I see the disk has 50GB free but when summing up the file sizes on the disk they sum to 407.5GB...
  3. Local Disk C filled up and red while not being filled actually.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Disk C filled up and red while not being filled actually.: I had plenty of space in my Local Disk C folder, all of sudden the "apps and features" started showing 161GBs filled up space while it clearly is hardly 20GBs. It keeps filling up no matter how much I delete. Please suggest a solution.I tried emptying all temporary files etc....
  4. Local Disk C filled up and red while not being filled actually.

Local Disk C filled up and red while not being filled actually.: I had plenty of space in my Local Disk C folder, all of sudden the "apps and features" started showing 161GBs filled up space while it clearly is hardly 20GBs. It keeps filling up no matter how much I delete. Please suggest a solution.I tried emptying all temporary files etc....
  5. Local Disk C filled up and red while not being filled actually.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Disk C Fills Up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk C Fills Up: When I use disk cleanup and delete some files, disk C fills up space even I empty the recycle bin still fills up space. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-c-fills-up/85adbae7-1200-40bf-8b42-86232ca6d262
  7. Disk C Fills Up

Disk C Fills Up: When I use disk cleanup and delete some files, disk C fills up space even I empty the recycle bin still fills up space. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-c-fills-up/85adbae7-1200-40bf-8b42-86232ca6d262
  8. disk filling up to 100%

disk filling up to 100%: Whenever I open task manager, My disk shows filled up to 100% even if no task is running and I've tried tons of ways over the internet but nothing helped me. Please give me some other way so that I can avoid filling up of disk....
  9. Disk storage keeps filling up

Disk storage keeps filling up: Hello, I have recently used Onedrive to clear space on my PC. All of my photos were uploaded but I've noticed that they keep reappearing and therefore filling up my storage. I have notifications stating that Amazon photos is downloading from Onedrive so it seems that as I...
  10. My local disk c keep filling up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My local disk c keep filling up: I try to clean the disk space but theres no file in it When i scan for virus theres no virus How do i fix this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/my-local-disk-c-keep-filling-up/17e150fa-e75c-4504-8eb0-72f70e1c8a50