Windows 10: Local disk G

Discus and support Local disk G in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Ive seen the instruction with running the diskpart then run as administrator when i do that it doesnt stay open long enough for me to remove the G for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mjking1531, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Local disk G

Ive seen the instruction with running the diskpart then run as administrator when i do that it doesnt stay open long enough for me to remove the G for the local disk. What can I do?

:)

mjking1531, Jun 20, 2019

2. LOCAL DISK (GLocal disk G :)

ABOUT A MONTH OR SO AGO I STARTED HEARING THIS WINDOS MESSAGE SOUND WHEN I WASN'T ON THE COMPUTER. NOW SENSE ABOUT A WEEK OR SO AGO I'VE STARTED SEEING WHAT THE MESSAGE IS. "LOCAL DISK (GLocal disk G :) IS RUNNING OUT OF SPACE etc."

THE PROBLEM IS THERE IS NO LOCAL DISK (GLocal disk G :) UNDER MY CONTROL. THERE IS A LOCAL DISK G WHEN I CLICK ON FILE EXPLORER BUT WHEN I CLICK ON THIS ICON IT SAYS THERE ARE NO FILES, FOLDER IS EMPTY. BUT WHEN I RIGHT CLICK ON THE ICON AND CLICK ON PROPERTIES I GET
    THIS:

Local disk G e8f00e67-9ddc-4296-8457-ac7be388534d?upload=true.jpg

NOW IS LOCAL DISK (GLocal disk G :) A LEGITIMATE DISK USED BY THE WINDOWS FILE SYSTEM? AND IF SO WHAT DO I DO ABOUT THIS MESSAGE?

JosephBoone, Jun 20, 2019
  3. Recovering Local Disk

Thank you for your quick response.

It could be a compatibility issue with the latest update and your local disk. We suggest updating your disk driver. Follow these steps:

• On the Start, type Device Manager.
    • Locate and select Disk drives.
    • Right-click on your disk drive, select Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab and choose Update Driver.
    • Once done, click OK.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ronalene Mat, Jun 20, 2019
  4. Local disk G

local disk drive G

I keep getting message that my local disk drive g is running out of space. I have already done all the things to free up space, disk clean, change storage ways of saving and cleaning, storage sense I think. nothing has cleared out and tired of seeing
    this message. Is there a way to get more space or what do I need to do

BernadetteApodaca, Jun 20, 2019
Thema:

Local disk G

1. Local disk G - Similar Threads - Local disk

2. i cannot expand volume of my local disk C, the unallocated space is just next to t ad the C...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cannot expand volume of my local disk C, the unallocated space is just next to t ad the C...: i cannot expand volume of my local disk C, the unallocated space is just next to t ad the C disk is also NTFS format. the extend volume button isnt working for me even as an administrator....
  3. i cannot expand volume of my local disk C, the unallocated space is just next to t ad the C...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i cannot expand volume of my local disk C, the unallocated space is just next to t ad the C...: i cannot expand volume of my local disk C, the unallocated space is just next to t ad the C disk is also NTFS format. the extend volume button isnt working for me even as an administrator....
  4. Toshiba Storage Drive changed To "Local Disk S:" and won't let me access my storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Toshiba Storage Drive changed To "Local Disk S:" and won't let me access my storage: 2 days ago my storage drive stopped working, my storage drive is a Toshiba storage drive, I have tried to access the files but it freezes the file explorer. I have tried nearly all methods I could find such as installing it, trying to update it which I couldn't find a drive...
  5. Toshiba Storage Drive changed To "Local Disk S:" and won't let me access my storage

Toshiba Storage Drive changed To "Local Disk S:" and won't let me access my storage: 2 days ago my storage drive stopped working, my storage drive is a Toshiba storage drive, I have tried to access the files but it freezes the file explorer. I have tried nearly all methods I could find such as installing it, trying to update it which I couldn't find a drive...
  6. Toshiba Storage Drive changed To "Local Disk S:" and won't let me access my storage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Storage problem with onedrive on my local disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage problem with onedrive on my local disk: HelloI don't know what I have done but it seems to me I am storing the same things over and over again on onedrive and on my local disk C:´\Yesterday I noticed I had only 19GB left of 220 GB. I got help with that but my settings are still wrong. What I want is to edit files...
  8. Storage problem with onedrive on my local disk

Storage problem with onedrive on my local disk: HelloI don't know what I have done but it seems to me I am storing the same things over and over again on onedrive and on my local disk C:´\Yesterday I noticed I had only 19GB left of 220 GB. I got help with that but my settings are still wrong. What I want is to edit files...
  9. My Local Disk is full and I am trying to free up space in settings but nothing is happening

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Local Disk is full and I am trying to free up space in settings but nothing is happening: I am trying to download a big game but I cant because my local disk is full so I went to the storage setting in the settings app and when I check what category is taking up so much storage I see its Apps & Features, I take into account how much is taken up by it and when I go...
  10. My Local Disk is full and I am trying to free up space in settings but nothing is happening

My Local Disk is full and I am trying to free up space in settings but nothing is happening: I am trying to download a big game but I cant because my local disk is full so I went to the storage setting in the settings app and when I check what category is taking up so much storage I see its Apps & Features, I take into account how much is taken up by it and when I go...