Windows 10: local disk z

Discus and support local disk z in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I restarted my laptop I saw local disk z came from somewhere now I want to get rid of that 71510 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by parth patel, Dec 3, 2016.

1. local disk z

When I restarted my laptop I saw local disk z came from somewhere now I want to get rid of that

:)

parth patel, Dec 3, 2016
  2. ASHIK M Win User

new drive named local disk(z) is appearing

new drive named local disk(z) is appearing, what is local disk (z)

ASHIK M, Dec 3, 2016
  3. RobRue Win User
    new drive named local disk(z) is appearing

Solved... at least for me.

I tried some of the other suggested methods to get rid of "local disk (z) with no success.

However, a simple System Restore to an earlier version removed the mystery disk Z: completely.

RobRue, Dec 3, 2016
  4. swarfega Win User

local disk z

You can open disk management by right clicking on the start menu. There you can see all your storage devices and you should be able to locate drive z and remove it.

swarfega, Dec 3, 2016
  5. AndreTen Win User
    Disks with names from the end of alphabet are usually mapped network drives. Right click on it and see, if there is "disconnect" choice.

AndreTen, Dec 3, 2016
  6. spunk Win User
    If the drive isn't listed in Disk Management but it is listed in This PC then it is a mapped network drive. Right click This PC and choose Disconnect Network Drive

spunk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

local disk z

1. local disk z - Similar Threads - local disk

2. i cannot expand volume of my local disk C, the unallocated space is just next to t ad the C...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cannot expand volume of my local disk C, the unallocated space is just next to t ad the C...: i cannot expand volume of my local disk C, the unallocated space is just next to t ad the C disk is also NTFS format. the extend volume button isnt working for me even as an administrator....
  3. i cannot expand volume of my local disk C, the unallocated space is just next to t ad the C...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i cannot expand volume of my local disk C, the unallocated space is just next to t ad the C...: i cannot expand volume of my local disk C, the unallocated space is just next to t ad the C disk is also NTFS format. the extend volume button isnt working for me even as an administrator....
  4. Toshiba Storage Drive changed To "Local Disk S:" and won't let me access my storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Toshiba Storage Drive changed To "Local Disk S:" and won't let me access my storage: 2 days ago my storage drive stopped working, my storage drive is a Toshiba storage drive, I have tried to access the files but it freezes the file explorer. I have tried nearly all methods I could find such as installing it, trying to update it which I couldn't find a drive...
  5. Toshiba Storage Drive changed To "Local Disk S:" and won't let me access my storage

Toshiba Storage Drive changed To "Local Disk S:" and won't let me access my storage: 2 days ago my storage drive stopped working, my storage drive is a Toshiba storage drive, I have tried to access the files but it freezes the file explorer. I have tried nearly all methods I could find such as installing it, trying to update it which I couldn't find a drive...
  6. Toshiba Storage Drive changed To "Local Disk S:" and won't let me access my storage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Storage problem with onedrive on my local disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage problem with onedrive on my local disk: HelloI don't know what I have done but it seems to me I am storing the same things over and over again on onedrive and on my local disk C:´\Yesterday I noticed I had only 19GB left of 220 GB. I got help with that but my settings are still wrong. What I want is to edit files...
  8. Storage problem with onedrive on my local disk

Storage problem with onedrive on my local disk: HelloI don't know what I have done but it seems to me I am storing the same things over and over again on onedrive and on my local disk C:´\Yesterday I noticed I had only 19GB left of 220 GB. I got help with that but my settings are still wrong. What I want is to edit files...
  9. My Local Disk is full and I am trying to free up space in settings but nothing is happening

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Local Disk is full and I am trying to free up space in settings but nothing is happening: I am trying to download a big game but I cant because my local disk is full so I went to the storage setting in the settings app and when I check what category is taking up so much storage I see its Apps & Features, I take into account how much is taken up by it and when I go...
  10. My Local Disk is full and I am trying to free up space in settings but nothing is happening

My Local Disk is full and I am trying to free up space in settings but nothing is happening: I am trying to download a big game but I cant because my local disk is full so I went to the storage setting in the settings app and when I check what category is taking up so much storage I see its Apps & Features, I take into account how much is taken up by it and when I go...