Windows 10: Local Downlevel Document issue Windows 10

Discus and support Local Downlevel Document issue Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; We have one user, who is running Windows 10, if he restarts his computer and tries to print, will get two documents in his print queue. One is the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nicholas Rathbun, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Local Downlevel Document issue Windows 10

We have one user, who is running Windows 10, if he restarts his computer and tries to print, will get two documents in his print queue. One is the document itself, the other is a file called "Local Downlevel Document". This file gets stuck in the queue. In order to get rid of it, I have to delete the printer and reinstall it. I have tried the troubleshooter, doesn't find any issues, Event log shows no printer related issues, I have tried restarting the print spooler, no documents show up in the printers folding inside system32/spool/printers (so I can't clear that out), everything I've found nothing works. This is a very annoying issue for that one user, and any help / advice would be appreciated.

:)

Nicholas Rathbun, Oct 1, 2019
  2. Argel Obm Win User

How do I get rid of a local downlevel document that is holding up my printing queue in Windows 10?

Hi,

Kindly answer the question below for us to better assist you with your concern:

• When did the issue start?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer before encountering the issue?
    • Aside from restarting the Print spooler and deleting the files inside the spool folder, what other troubleshooting steps you've done so far?
    • Are you receiving any error messages when printing a document or when deleting the "local downlevel document" in the print queue?
    • Does the issue occurs when you print using different applications?
    We'll be waiting for your response.

Argel Obm, Oct 1, 2019
  3. Local Downlevel Document Windows 10 Home

Hi

I have a computer running Windows 10 Home edition and trying to print to a HP LaserJet Printer over a Network. All was fine until a couple of weeks ago (no idea what happened) the printer seemed to have uninstalled itself. I have re-installed, shared the
    printer, but just one computer won't print, when I open the queue it has 'local downlevel document', what is this and how do I get rid of it?

Thank you

WendyCavin, Oct 1, 2019
  4. ELKeck Win User

Local Downlevel Document issue Windows 10

How do I get rid of a local downlevel document that is holding up my printing queue in Windows 10?

Have been running Windows 10 for years now without a hitch right up until
    this morning (5/11/17)
    . Three MS updates were installed overnight. I logged in
    this morning (5/11/17) and tried to print a document to a networked printer (same way I have for years) and nothing happened. Checked the queue and a file called "local downlevel document" shows up before the document I printed. I cannot
    delete the document. I logged off, logged on as Administrator, stopped the spooler, emptied the c:\windows\system32\spool=printers folder then restarted the spooler. I then printed a test document with no problem. But when I logged in as a user (with administrative
    powers), and tried to print, the local downlevel document showed up again. I have researched this and see a solution for Windows 7 and Vista and earlier versions of Windows but no solution for Windows 10. Since I first posted this I am now unable to connect
    to the network printers. I am unable to print from any application that I have tried, including MS Office products and Adobe Acrobat Pro. No error messages of any kind are given. Any suggestions?

ELKeck, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

Local Downlevel Document issue Windows 10

1. Local Downlevel Document issue Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Local Downlevel Document

2. Timeline entries of local Office documents have links to OneDrive.com, not the local file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Timeline entries of local Office documents have links to OneDrive.com, not the local file: All of my local Office documents are synced through OneDrive. Timeline (usually) correctly shows my most recently open documents. However, very often instead of a link to the local version of the document, which is the version I am always working on, it provides a link to the...
  3. Local Downlevel Document preventing printing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Local Downlevel Document preventing printing: I have a user, who if he reboots his PC (for any reason), when he logs back in, and tries to print a document, two files will show up. The file he needs to print, and a "Local Downlevel Document" file. That LDD file will not print and locks up the queue until I remove the...
  4. Stacking documents issue, Paperport 14.5, Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stacking documents issue, Paperport 14.5, Windows 10: when I drag a document on top of another document to stack them, the bottom document goes blank. No way to bring it back as far as I can tell. This is a new issue. It used to work fine. It may have started when I installed the recent windows update....
  5. Latest Windows 10 update/Start/Documents issue.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Latest Windows 10 update/Start/Documents issue.: Hi. After just having W10 automatically dl and install the latest update I've noticed clicking on Start, then Documents, then right clicking on various drives to open up the Properties tab doesn't open up the tab, nothing happens, the Start window just closes. I have to...
  6. Issues with default "Documents" Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issues with default "Documents" Folder: Hello, I'm at my wits end and am really hoping someone here can help! Windows appears to think my Pictures folder is my Documents folder. In the "This PC" shell, "Documents" no longer appears. Rather, I am seeing "Pictures" twice (picture below). Both instances of...
  7. Local Printing Issue (Expert)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local Printing Issue (Expert): Hello I use duplex printing with a 3 page doc and select 2 copies that should result in 2 + 2 sheets but does not. Instead I get 1 set of 3 sheets, the documents appear to have merged. merged. I use vendor supplied drivers and two different printers with the same result....
  8. Local Downlevel Document Windows 10 Home

Local Downlevel Document Windows 10 Home: Hi I have a computer running Windows 10 Home edition and trying to print to a HP LaserJet Printer over a Network. All was fine until a couple of weeks ago (no idea what happened) the printer seemed to have uninstalled itself. I have re-installed, shared the printer, but...
  9. Local Disk D issue

Local Disk D issue: Hello, I recently started getting popup notifications that my Local Disk (D:) was almost full. When I couldn't figure out how to fix the issue on my own i decided to look on to the Microsoft Community for answers. I believe i resolved the issue which according to many...
  10. Two documents folder issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Two documents folder issue: My computer came with OneDrive on it. Something I don't actively use, or so I thought. Whenever I save stuff to my computer, I always save it in the documents folder. If I go into the file explorer, it shows documents under This PC, that is where I save my stuff. One day I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows downlevel computer