Windows 10: local drive E

Discus and support local drive E in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my e drive claims to be out of space yet has no folders to show & therefore no possibility to delete, so how can i free up space on local drive E so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SaraRosenberg, Aug 21, 2018.

1. local drive E

my e drive claims to be out of space yet has no folders to show & therefore no possibility to delete, so how can i free up space on local drive E so that the massage of low disc space shouldn't pop up every 2 min.

:)

SaraRosenberg, Aug 21, 2018
  2. Alan-Alan Win User

Local disk drive (Elocal drive E :)

Hi Microsoft community,

I have no idea how this has happened, but I now have a local disk drive (Elocal drive E :). Approximately every minute, a message pops up on my screen that says my local E-drive is almost full, yet I can't find anything on it. How do I remove this E-drive as well as this
    really annoying E-drive message?

~Alan.

Alan-Alan, Aug 21, 2018
  3. Local disk drive (Elocal drive E :)

Microsoft is aware that previously-hidden partitions are improperly being assigned drive letters after installing the April 2018 Update. As a result, they now appear in Disk Management and File Explorer. These partitions are typically recovery partitions
    used by the Windows Recovery Environment or by the Original Equipment Manufacturer. It is not recommended that you attempt to delete or reformat these partitions as this may have adverse effects on your ability to recover Windows. Microsoft is currently working
    to address the issue in a future Windows Update, and we’ll update this thread when a solution becomes available.

(Update 5/14/18: The solution that will soon be released via Windows Update will only prevent this issue from occurring for devices that install the April 2018 Update after the solution is released. If you've already installed the April 2018 Update and are
    experiencing this issue, you'll need to follow the steps below if you want to hide these partitions.)

Although you can safely ignore these partitions, if you prefer do away with the low disk space warnings and hide the partitions so they no longer appear in File Explorer, you can do so by manually removing the partition’s assigned drive letter. To do this:

1. Select the Start button, type cmd and then right-click Command Prompt in the search results and select Run as administrator.

2. In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type diskpart and press Enter.

3. Type list volume and press Enter.

4. Make note of the volume number for the drive letter you want to remove. For example, if the drive letter you want to remove is Drive “E”, note the volume number for Drive E.

5. Type the following command, and press Enter.

select volume <volume number>

When typing this command, in place of <volume number>, substitute the volume number you made note of in Step 4. In the example above, if the volume number for drive E is 5, you would type: select volume 5

6. Type the following command and press Enter.

remove letter=<drive letter>

When typing this command, in place of <drive letter>, substitute the drive letter you want to remove. In this example, you would type: remove letter=E

7. Close the Command Prompt window.

Andre for Directly, Aug 21, 2018
  4. local drive E

Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Aug 21, 2018
Thema:

local drive E

1. local drive E - Similar Threads - local drive

2. Toshiba Storage Drive changed To "Local Disk S:" and won't let me access my storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Toshiba Storage Drive changed To "Local Disk S:" and won't let me access my storage: 2 days ago my storage drive stopped working, my storage drive is a Toshiba storage drive, I have tried to access the files but it freezes the file explorer. I have tried nearly all methods I could find such as installing it, trying to update it which I couldn't find a drive...
  3. Toshiba Storage Drive changed To "Local Disk S:" and won't let me access my storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Toshiba Storage Drive changed To "Local Disk S:" and won't let me access my storage: 2 days ago my storage drive stopped working, my storage drive is a Toshiba storage drive, I have tried to access the files but it freezes the file explorer. I have tried nearly all methods I could find such as installing it, trying to update it which I couldn't find a drive...
  4. Toshiba Storage Drive changed To "Local Disk S:" and won't let me access my storage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. I recently uninstalled my one-drive and it took away my local files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I recently uninstalled my one-drive and it took away my local files: I uninstall my one-drive and it deleted local files from my desktop,documents and pictures. How am i able to restore it? i tried using the restore option on one-drive but it doesn't show my files there. some of the files are not backed up because my one-drive is full but the...
  6. I recently uninstalled my one-drive and it took away my local files

I recently uninstalled my one-drive and it took away my local files: I uninstall my one-drive and it deleted local files from my desktop,documents and pictures. How am i able to restore it? i tried using the restore option on one-drive but it doesn't show my files there. some of the files are not backed up because my one-drive is full but the...
  7. I recently uninstalled my one-drive and it took away my local files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. External hard drive accidentally used to reboot windows. Shows up in local drive. Are my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External hard drive accidentally used to reboot windows. Shows up in local drive. Are my...: My external hard drive was connected to my computer when I lost power for several days. When I booted up my computer back up it showed a boot up screen for the computer being shut down suddenly. In my frustration I may have accidentally picked the wrong option and used my...
  9. External hard drive accidentally used to reboot windows. Shows up in local drive. Are my...

External hard drive accidentally used to reboot windows. Shows up in local drive. Are my...: My external hard drive was connected to my computer when I lost power for several days. When I booted up my computer back up it showed a boot up screen for the computer being shut down suddenly. In my frustration I may have accidentally picked the wrong option and used my...
  10. External hard drive accidentally used to reboot windows. Shows up in local drive. Are my...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware