Windows 10: Local drive (F) has 43MB free space whilst OS and Data drives have many GB of free space....

Discus and support Local drive (F) has 43MB free space whilst OS and Data drives have many GB of free space.... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Local drive (F) is constantly running out of space whilst OS and Data drives have many GB of free space. How can I correct this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bicray, Nov 28, 2018.

1. bicray Win User

Local drive (F) has 43MB free space whilst OS and Data drives have many GB of free space....

Local drive (F) is constantly running out of space whilst OS and Data drives have many GB of free space. How can I correct this?

:)

bicray, Nov 28, 2018

2. F drive space.

I am receiving a warning that my F drive is low on available space. I am using a 64GB flash drive, but my system shows the F drive only has 450MB of space with 414MB of space used. How can I get the system to show the 64GB of space on the F drive?

KENNETHHAYDUK, Nov 28, 2018
  3. Local Drive space

After the automatic update on May 27 (1803) received a message stating that my Local Drive ("H" in my case) is nearly out of space. Is there any way to allot more space to the drive without wiping out all the data with a reformat?

DaveNeal_974, Nov 28, 2018
  4. Local drive (F) has 43MB free space whilst OS and Data drives have many GB of free space....

F; Drive space

Hi,

From the above description, I understand you are getting a message stating F: drive is running low on disk space on the computer. Please reply to a few questions asked below for better understanding and further assistance on the issue:

• When exactly are you getting the above error message on the computer?
    • What is the exact error message received on the computer?
    • Since when are you getting the above error message? Did you make any recent system changes?
    • Did you check if the drive is visible under Disk Management of the computer?

Check if any unknown drive is visible under Disk management by following the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Disk management option from the context menu. Check if the drive is visible in the window.
    • If visible, right click on the external drive and select Open
      from the context menu. Check if you are able to open the drive in File Explorer.
    • Close the Disk management window, open File Explorer (Windows logo + E keys on the keyboard) and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of F: drive not located and showing an error message on the computer in the same post for further assistance.
    Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

Local drive (F) has 43MB free space whilst OS and Data drives have many GB of free space....

1. Local drive (F) has 43MB free space whilst OS and Data drives have many GB of free space.... - Similar Threads - Local drive has

2. Free up drive space in Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Free up drive space in Windows: My computer gave me stopcode error messages, so I went to Windows Recovery and used Startup Repair and Chkdsk commands. The computer performed many Chkdsk functions automatically. I did a clean install. Windows Update could not download both The KB5005033 and KB5005110. I...
  3. Freeing space on C drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Freeing space on C drive: Version 21H1 OS Build 19043.1110 I am trying to free up space on my C drive which is a 500Gb SSD. I install all programs to my 2Tb HD. Windirstat tells me Tom Tom the sat nav takes up 153 Gb on my C drive. So I want to uninstall it. Windows said it was uninstalling it from...
  4. Freeing space in the backup drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Freeing space in the backup drive: I have created a backup when I did a reformat last year using youtube tutorials. I have no idea what I was doing but I somehow ended up successful and it now works fine. Please take note that I do not have a background in software troubleshooting of this sort. The problem is...
  5. Freeing up space on hard drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Freeing up space on hard drive.: Hi , I need too free up space on my hard drive. Seems other users account for 154 gb I have no other users. In manage my account it only gives me the option to add family friends. How do I delete the other users and free up space? Any help will be appreciated ta...
  6. C Drive losing free space

C Drive losing free space: Hello, I have a new laptop. On 17/08/19, C:\ had 85GB free space out of 117 GB total. Every week, it is losing about 5GB free space, and currently stands at 66.7 GB. I do not understand why free space should be lost. Can someone please help? Here are salient items of...
  7. Free up drive space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Free up drive space: I'm in settings trying to remove disk space to Free up drive space and it has been over an hour and still is not done. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-up-drive-space/6444bfde-0eb1-4c41-a966-7bf7ca496634"
  8. Freeing Space in this Small Drive

Freeing Space in this Small Drive: Hi! I've got 1.45GB free of 28.6GB in my computer. How do I free up space (like 6GB more) so I can install a program? I tried to find programs that take up additional spaces but I couldn't find any. Is Windows 10 occupying most of the 28.6GB of this computer? What can I do...
  9. Freeing Space in this Small Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Freeing Space in this Small Drive: Hi! I've got 1.45GB free of 28.6GB in my computer. How do I free up space (like 6GB more) so I can install a program? I tried to find programs that take up additional spaces but I couldn't find any. Is Windows 10 occupying most of the 28.6GB of this computer? What can I do...
  10. Finding the free space on a hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Finding the free space on a hard drive: Is there any application that comes with Windows 10, that will show the hard-drive storage usage and free space? I do not mean an application that will show usage and free space for each partition (disk). Such data is rather inconvenient, when one wants to know how much is...