Windows 10: Local drive not showing in navigation pane

Discus and support Local drive not showing in navigation pane in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Any clue why one of my local drives doesn't show in navigation pane? [img] 48156 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Dragane, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Dragane Win User

Local drive not showing in navigation pane

Any clue why one of my local drives doesn't show in navigation pane?

Local drive not showing in navigation pane [​IMG]

:)

Dragane, Apr 22, 2016

2. Support for non-USB Floppy Drives in Windows 10

Here is a solution that works for me.

To get the floppy drive to show up in the File Explorer's Navigation Pane, put a floppy in the drive and click on This PC in the Navigation Pane. The floppy drive should show up here. Double-click on it, and it will show up in the Navigation Pane. The floppy
    drive doesn't appear in Disk Management.

This seems like a screwy design, but it is a reasonable workaround given that I don't use the floppy drive much anymore.

prestonpdx, Apr 22, 2016
  3. Show fixed drives in navigation pane

I would like to see all my drives (fixed and removable) showing up separately on the navigation pane so that I do not have to go through "This PC" to access them. I have seen many posts on the internet sites that address the hiding/removal of fixed drives
    showing up separately in the navigation pane as well as in "This PC" but none that tell me how to intentionally make the drives show separately.

Anybody know how to do this?

ecsorensen, Apr 22, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

Hi @Dragane, welcome to tenforums.com! *Smile

Expand "This PC", it should reside there.

Edwin, Apr 22, 2016
  5. Dragane Win User
    Hello,
    thank you for the warm welcome. I know that when expanding the disk does reside there. But as you can see, all other drives also show up in a separate group, except the drive D:\. Is there any reason why this is the case?
    I would rather have all drives shown, or no drives at all.

Dragane, Apr 22, 2016
  6. Edwin New Member
    The additional entries are dubbed "Delegate Folders" and are supposed to pertain to 'Removable Drives' but have been stubbornly glitchy in the last few Builds.
    They can be removed using this tutorial:

Drives in Navigation Pane - Add or Remove in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Edwin, Apr 22, 2016
  7. Dragane Win User
    Thank you for the explanation,

i will use the provided solution and remove the duplicates.

Take care edwin

Dragane, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Local drive not showing in navigation pane - Similar Threads - Local drive showing

2. Hard drives showing up twice in the navigation pane.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drives showing up twice in the navigation pane.: I have 7 drives in my desktop Windows 11 computer. All the drives show up in the Navigation Pane under "This PC" Two of my hard drives show up listed twice on the Navigation Pane. Once under "This PC" and once at the same level as "This PC". They are actually outside "This...
  3. Hard drives showing up twice in the navigation pane.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard drives showing up twice in the navigation pane.: I have 7 drives in my desktop Windows 11 computer. All the drives show up in the Navigation Pane under "This PC" Two of my hard drives show up listed twice on the Navigation Pane. Once under "This PC" and once at the same level as "This PC". They are actually outside "This...
  4. Navigation Pane.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Navigation Pane.: What's going on with this update? I only updated because it forced me to.My OCD can't take this ****.How do I remove this? I can't for some reason revert back to the previous version Also if someone can tell me how to stop updates from occurring ever....
  5. Some navigation pane items not showing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some navigation pane items not showing: Hi! I wanted to get rid of the quick access icon and have all my icons laying under the desktop icon instead. I tried using winaero tweaker to pin all the shell location I needed there. Thing is, every folder I pinned got duplicated for some reason.How can I get those folders...
  6. Navigation Pane - empty folders not showing

Navigation Pane - empty folders not showing: I have created a number of new sub-folders: R144,R145,R146,R147,R148,R149,R150,R151,R152,R153,R154,R155,R156,R158,R159 They sometimes appear in the preview pane, but not in the naviagation pane. I know they are there, because if I choose the folder, e.g. ..\R151, it will...
  7. Show All Local Disks In The Navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Support
    Show All Local Disks In The Navigation Pane: Is there a way to show all the local disks on the left like with the removable drive. Tried searching but didn't see anything. Would like it above D: in the pictures. 119191
  8. navigation pane

in Windows 10 Support
    navigation pane: where do I control the navigation pane in w10 113744
  9. Missing Drives in Navigation Pane?

Missing Drives in Navigation Pane?: Hello, just got Windows 10 Technical Preview and was a little confused by this... For some reason three of my hard drives are visible in the navigation pane as root items down the left, but the other four are not... What makes those three so special? How do I customize this?...
  10. Hard drive not showing up in the navigation pane..??

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive not showing up in the navigation pane..??: I just did a clean install of Windows 10 Pro where I had a system drive and a single storage drive installed. After that, I added another drive, and this drive shows up under "This PC" in Windows Explorer, but it does not show in the navigation pane at the left like my other...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. show d drive in navigation pane

2. windows 10 navigation pain doesnt show drive

3. windows 10 navigation pane not showing hdd

4. windows explorer navigation pane does not show the drives