Windows 10: Local drives missing.

Discus and support Local drives missing. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My local drives are missing. I had tried with Disk Management .Here i don't have the option "Change Drive letter and Paths". No black colour found... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RahulBiju, Aug 9, 2019.

1. RahulBiju Win User

Local drives missing.

My local drives are missing. I had tried with Disk Management .Here i don't have the option "Change Drive letter and Paths". No black colour found

Please help me to fix this.

Local drives missing. db42071a-219f-4804-abaf-573ff7afab8a?upload=true.png Local drives missing. a3a305a9-2c2f-462d-8e75-6f172016953d?upload=true.png

:)

RahulBiju, Aug 9, 2019

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Aug 9, 2019
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Aug 9, 2019
  4. Local drives missing.

Windows 10 Anniversary Update and Seagate GoFlex Missing Drives

Hi,

I understand the inconvenience caused.

It is unusual that the drives went missing after installing the anniversary update. I suggest you to try changing the drive letter through disk management by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows key + R.

2. Type diskmgmt.msc and press enter.

3. If the drive is listed, right click on it and select "change drive letter".

4. Choose a different drive letter and save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

Local drives missing.

1. Local drives missing. - Similar Threads - Local drives missing

2. Local D Drive is full

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Local D Drive is full: I keep getting an message saying my local D drive is full. Now my computer is running poorly. It shows all my space is taken by "misc". There is nothing on my computer except photos. I feel like it has something to do with an update but I don't know how to fix it....
  3. "sign in with a local account instead" missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    "sign in with a local account instead" missing: I have a major issue. I signed in to my Xbox account on my Windows 10 laptop in an attempt to allow my son to play games through it. This linked his Microsoft account to my Windows 10 system as the administrator. Because my son is 8 years old I now have to accept permissions...
  4. Unknown Local Disk drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unknown Local Disk drive: I have an unknown drive on my computer. My computer is about 3 years old. It has a Windows C drive, a Recovery D drive, a DVD E drive and a Local Disk F drive (which has 896 MB free of 914 MB and the Properties say it was created on May 21, 2018). What can this F drive be...
  5. local drive E

local drive E: my e drive claims to be out of space yet has no folders to show & therefore no possibility to delete, so how can i free up space on local drive E so that the massage of low disc space shouldn't pop up every 2 min....
  6. Storage: OS and local drive

Storage: OS and local drive: My computer says I have 40.8 MB free of 449 MB on the local disk E: and 848 GB out of 921 GB on my OS C: drive. It seems that I have a lot of storage left on this computer so how do I use some of those 848 GB's?...
  7. Drive letter missing.

Drive letter missing.: So just installed 10 - clean install over windows 7. I have 2 internal harddrives - one was designated as Drive G. But for some reason 10 removed G and so in computer mgmt I ended up redesignsting it as Drive Z. Any way to get the letter “G” back ? 112781
  8. One Drive and a Local Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    One Drive and a Local Account: I am beginning to think it is almost impossible to synchronize a local account computer with folders and files on Onedrive. Is this true? Thanks. 22044
  9. Can't format local drive

Can't format local drive: Hi, I have a local Disk (D), which it's content is from my previous PC (Drive C in my previous PC). I don't need it anymore, and I think it is causing problems to Office. I uninstalled Office, and I'm trying to format this D drive, before I install a newer version of...
  10. Missing Free Space in Status bar Network & Local Drives after AU

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Free Space in Status bar Network & Local Drives after AU: Used to be, when I highlight/select a disk in This PC or Network, the status bar at the bottom of the window would show Free Space (and I think total space) on that disk. After AU, all it says in the status bar is "X items 1 item selected". AND on Network drives, if I...