Windows 10: Local File Encryption Software Solution Windows 10

Discus and support Local File Encryption Software Solution Windows 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello: There are hundreds of encryption offerings. I'm trying to limit my choices to a few features. Any suggestions? Here's what I need: 1 I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RichLocus, Apr 19, 2020.

1. RichLocus Win User

Local File Encryption Software Solution Windows 10

Hello:

There are hundreds of encryption offerings. I'm trying to limit my choices to a few features. Any suggestions? Here's what I need:

1 I don't want a cloud solution

2 I want to open a local application, drag my un-encrypted files into a container file locally on my machine

3 Assign a password to that container perhaps a zip file

4 Convert that zip or compressed file into a self-extracting password protected executable

5 Be able to extract the files from the exe without having to use any software. All I need is the password used to encrypt the exe.

That's it. I don't want an external solution. I can then upload that executable to whatever remote storage I want.

I have used Polar Encrypt in the past, but it's old.

Solutions?

Thanks,

Rich Locus

:)

RichLocus, Apr 19, 2020

2. Windows XP file encryption

LOL thanks, I think its standard windows XP file encryption

troyrae360, Apr 19, 2020
  3. modder Win User
    Software encryption

read this:
    The Encrypting File System (EFS) is a file system driver with filesystem-level encryption available in Microsoft Windows (2000 and later) operating systems, except Windows XP Home Edition, Windows Vista Basic, and Windows Vista Home Premium. The technology transparently allows files to be encrypted on NTFS file systems to protect confidential data from attackers with physical access to the computer.

User authentication and access control lists can protect files from unauthorized access while the operating system is running, but are easily circumvented if an attacker gains physical access to the computer. One solution is to store the files encrypted on the disks of the computer. EFS does this using public key cryptography, and aims to ensure that decrypting the files is in theory impossible without the correct key. However, EFS is in practice susceptible to brute-force attacks against the user account passwords. In other words, encryption of files is only as strong as the password to unlock the decryption key.

read more ...wikipedia Encrypting File System - Wikipedia

modder, Apr 19, 2020
  4. Local File Encryption Software Solution Windows 10

Software encryption

You expect people smart enough to reset your password to have physical access to your computer and care enough at the same time to bother?

DanTheBanjoman, Apr 19, 2020
Thema:

Local File Encryption Software Solution Windows 10

1. Local File Encryption Software Solution Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Local File Encryption

2. Is there a file retention solution for local files in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there a file retention solution for local files in Windows 10?: I know there are solutions for files saved in onedrive and sharepoint, but what about locally saved files? Is there a solution for this as well?...
  3. Is there a file retention solution for local files in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a file retention solution for local files in Windows 10?: I know there are solutions for files saved in onedrive and sharepoint, but what about locally saved files? Is there a solution for this as well?...
  4. Is there a file retention solution for local files in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Encryption Software

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Encryption Software: I'm currently looking for software that will encrypt a user account on Windows. For example, I have VeraCrypt that encrypts my whole system partition but I would like a program to encrypt individual user accounts and unlock after the person logs in with Windows Hello. 183655
  6. How to choose file encryption software

How to choose file encryption software: I want to buy an encryption software. I don’t know which one is better. Most software claims to be very powerful, but I don’t know how to write programs. For example, some software has the function of hiding and protecting files, but I want to know whether the hidden and...
  7. File encryption software recommendations

File encryption software recommendations: Hey all. I'm looking for file encryption software recommendations. Basically I need something to secure my important files on my own device and also on cloud storage. I've been looking at some options and right now I'm trying to choose between NordLocker, VeraCrypt and...
  8. Encrypted Solution

Encrypted Solution: I'm looking for an encrypted solution to my system. Please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/encrypted-solution/cdcc33e4-3ae4-4a40-bcbf-488853f24116"
  9. Encryption software

Encryption software: Not a national security issue, but I have a couple of files that I'd like to encryption so casual users, like a friend a my party who wants to search the web for something, would not see it accidentally. Preferably something free and easy to use. Any suggestions?
  10. Required Solution for Encrypted files

Required Solution for Encrypted files: How can I recover encrypted files Windows 7 presumably caused by a virus. All my files have a .jinek extention. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/required-solution-for-encrypted-files/181f23ad-13c3-41c5-942b-00358e4df00f