Windows 10: Local File / Folder Locking Methods

Discus and support Local File / Folder Locking Methods in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Looking for a way to literally access deny / lock local files with password protection. I know of a few methods. EasyFileLocker is a program I've used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Protonymous, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Local File / Folder Locking Methods

Looking for a way to literally access deny / lock local files with password protection. I know of a few methods. EasyFileLocker is a program I've used a lot. I just wanted to get a scope of if there is something someone knows about that works really well for this. I know about Bitlocker and being able to make an encrypted container but I'm really looking for any means to lock a video file, text file, folder, basically any file type, on the spot with password protection while keeping the file right where it is.

!This is for Windows 10 Pro x64 most updated version!

Thanks for any knowledge you can provide!

:)

Protonymous, Nov 12, 2020

2. Folder locked and dissapeared after unlock

Well here's something i found on this:

http://en.kioskea.net/forum/affich-475786-lost-my-files-in-folder-lock

But it doesn't work here , i don't have that folder.

Can somebody help me searching for a solution , tnx.

EDIT:

I did that and that's when the folder just disappeared but the data is still there, the program is very confusing about restoring files , it says that "files should become unlocked automatically" ... so where the heck are manual unlocking instructions.

It's not an encrypt , it's just a password lock , so data is all open. The problem is, i would get like 225 GB of individual files off the HDD recovery , i just want the harder way of accessing the folder but getting the folder structure , where can i find the time to SORT 220 GB of data omg.

RuskiSnajper, Nov 12, 2020
  3. Sync folder between Air and PC locally

I'm looking for a software which will keep folders on my Mac Air and PC synced via the local wireless network.

I usually take my Mac with me everywhere and as such have tons of large downloaded files that I have to manually copy over to the PC. I'm looking for something that'll transfer the files over the local wireless network in my home.

Any suggestions?

aayman_farzand, Nov 12, 2020
  4. AddSub Win User

Local File / Folder Locking Methods

Free Folder Lock?

panchoman, dude?

HiddenStupid, this might work. (not sure if it works on NTFS)

Hide Folder HiBit lock 7.2.8

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Security/Security-Related/Hide-Folder-HiBit-lock.shtml

· Protect any folder or file by : Hide, Lock, Encrypt or make a folder as a recycle Bin.
    · The protected folders or files still protected even in other computers.
    · The protect Operation just take 1 second at any computer.
    · You can undelete the folder or file by Locking it.
    · Works with FAT32, FAT16, FAT12 and FAT and all windows versions.

10 runs trial and nag screen until registration. Registration is free

So, freeware after free registration.

Plenty more "lock folder" apps on Softpedia, very few that can hide AND lock.

AddSub, Nov 12, 2020
Thema:

Local File / Folder Locking Methods

1. Local File / Folder Locking Methods - Similar Threads - Local File Folder

2. Is there a method to search for all folders that empty, i.e., contain no files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a method to search for all folders that empty, i.e., contain no files?: A couple of years ago I had a computer disaster and my computer is still a mess as a result. Essentially I had to get a new computer and tried to download my files from a cloud backup service. However, the machine kept overheating and it failed more than once. In the end, it...
  3. Is there a method to search for all folders that empty, i.e., contain no files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a method to search for all folders that empty, i.e., contain no files?: A couple of years ago I had a computer disaster and my computer is still a mess as a result. Essentially I had to get a new computer and tried to download my files from a cloud backup service. However, the machine kept overheating and it failed more than once. In the end, it...
  4. Childs account locked on local machine, pin not working, unable to change login method

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Childs account locked on local machine, pin not working, unable to change login method: Hi! My son has probably entered the wrong PIN too many times, and is not able to access his account on a Lenovo Laptop. When I had a look I first had to enter the code "A1B2C3" and the I could try out a PIN, however it failed to work. I do not know how, but the PIN must...
  5. I want to lock the folders/files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I want to lock the folders/files: So, I followed and tutorial to clear space and they said without any explanations why they were doing such things. My question is; how does one get this, "You don't currently have permission to access this folder. Click to Continue to permanently get access to this folder"...
  6. pad lock on file folders

pad lock on file folders: Hi! "A recently cropped up funny issue" Every time I download a file pic/pdf/word from any source of internet/watsapp/other OR I rename a file, a padlock appears on the right top corner of file/folder icon. Every single content of the folder also gets a padlock. Though...
  7. Onedrive took over local file folders

Onedrive took over local file folders: Long store short, I had to reset my desktop to fix an issue with Onedrive overriding the default folder location. i.e. Documents and Pictures under My Computer have a default path of C:\Users\*User-Name*\Onedrive\etc instead of C:\User\*User-Name*\etc Shortly after setting...
  8. Problem with Program Files folder localization

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with Program Files folder localization: Hi, today I noticed that my Program Files is not in my native language anymore. The x86 one is fine. The desktop.ini of the folder looks fine: Code: [.ShellClassInfo] [email protected]%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21781 I tried changing Windows to french and english and...
  9. Missing file in appdata local temp folder

Missing file in appdata local temp folder: Hi, I keep getting pop error telling me that I'm missing a file in the local temp folder called JzQy.vbs. this started after I restarted my hp laptop. Everytime i delete this popup it just re-appears. Is there something I can do to fix this.[IMG]...
  10. Files locked in folder

Files locked in folder: Hello, I have this user that all most all of his files in this one folder on his desktop are locked. Can't open word docs, pdf's or powerpoint files. I wend thru a few steps that I found on line and was able to unlock a few by taking ownership of that folder. But not...