Windows 10: Local folders not showing onedrive files on new PC?

Discus and support Local folders not showing onedrive files on new PC? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi folks, I'm most likely being idiotic but, I've just picked up a Zephyrus g14 to replace my Dell XPS 15. I did have another XPS delivered but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Lukelog, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Local folders not showing onedrive files on new PC?

Hi folks,

I'm most likely being idiotic but, I've just picked up a Zephyrus g14 to replace my Dell XPS 15.

I did have another XPS delivered but it arrived wet and despite booting up, bricked after just 24 hours, Dell's aftercare service was appalling and so I decided to go with another manufacturer.

I've just setup my Z G14 and found that, whilst the One Drive folders have all of my files, they don't show up under the 'My PC' folders in Explorer.

Also the desktop files in One Drive don't appear on my actual desktop.

The new and now returned XPS 15 had my files available locally in 'My PC' straight away so I'm not sure what I've got wrong?

Thanks for your help.

Luke

submitted by /u/Lukelog
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Lukelog, Feb 18, 2021

2. Sync folder between Air and PC locally

I'm looking for a software which will keep folders on my Mac Air and PC synced via the local wireless network.

I usually take my Mac with me everywhere and as such have tons of large downloaded files that I have to manually copy over to the PC. I'm looking for something that'll transfer the files over the local wireless network in my home.

Any suggestions?

aayman_farzand, Feb 18, 2021
  3. mjombamoz Win User
    Onedrive files not syncing up from local onedrive folders on PC

Newly created files in my local Onedrive on my PC are not syncing up to onedrive, although files created on other devices are syncing down to the PC. The folders are showing a green tick, but within the folders, new files show the blue arrows, and these
    files are not syncing up so are not available on other devices and are not being backed up.

Tried upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10 but problems still persists.

Cannot find anything discussing this problem. Please help.

Thanks

mjombamoz, Feb 18, 2021
  4. CP2009 Win User

Local folders not showing onedrive files on new PC?

Documents/Pictures folders under 'This PC' refer to onedrive - not the local folders

Thank you for the quick response, Micah.

My documents are already being saved to 'This PC only'.

The Documents folder in the libraries is correct (local drive).

The Documents folder in the quick access area is correct (local drive).

The only thing that is incorrect is the documents folder under 'This PC'?

Also is 'winhelponline.com' affiliated with Microsoft?

Thanks again

CP2009, Feb 18, 2021
Thema:

Local folders not showing onedrive files on new PC?

1. Local folders not showing onedrive files on new PC? - Similar Threads - Local folders showing

2. Onedrive local folder issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive local folder issues: Hi,I can't get the OneDrive local folder to appear in my explorer tree, and no sync is available.The only way to access it through the OneDrive app that opens like some sort of window and did not have much of functionality incorporated... basically I see and download or...
  3. Onedrive local folder issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive local folder issues: Hi,I can't get the OneDrive local folder to appear in my explorer tree, and no sync is available.The only way to access it through the OneDrive app that opens like some sort of window and did not have much of functionality incorporated... basically I see and download or...
  4. OneDrive and Local Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive and Local Files: My local files are PC>Windows C:>Users>MyName>OneDrive>Documents.I want to be able to select PC and have my local files appear under Documents and still sync with OneDrive. I am concerned if I change the path I will have multiple files everywhere. How do I make that...
  5. OneDrive and Local Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive and Local Files: My local files are PC>Windows C:>Users>MyName>OneDrive>Documents.I want to be able to select PC and have my local files appear under Documents and still sync with OneDrive. I am concerned if I change the path I will have multiple files everywhere. How do I make that...
  6. The local OneDrive folder, the PC Documents folder, OneDrive backup and sync. How does it...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The local OneDrive folder, the PC Documents folder, OneDrive backup and sync. How does it...: I was recently trying to clear some space on my work laptop. I realized I wasn't really using the OneDrive folders on my sidebar so without really understanding what I was doing I unsynced it. It didn't really clear any space I didn't expect it to since as far as I knew, I...
  7. OneDrive and local file

OneDrive and local file: Hello, So all my files are usually backed up onto Onedrive or some other storage cloud. But my laptop is running low on space so I want to clear them from my laptop's local storage space to free up some space. Is it possible to delete files from my laptop without deleting...
  8. OneDrive and Local Files

OneDrive and Local Files: I cannot seem to stop this. It appears everything under THIS PC Documents, Photos, Music, etc. show both local files and OneDrive files. It gets confusing and sometimes I can't really tell but some save directly to OneDrive. How do I:Have ONLY files that are on the Local disk...
  9. Onedrive took over local file folders

Onedrive took over local file folders: Long store short, I had to reset my desktop to fix an issue with Onedrive overriding the default folder location. i.e. Documents and Pictures under My Computer have a default path of C:\Users\*User-Name*\Onedrive\etc instead of C:\User\*User-Name*\etc Shortly after setting...
  10. Onedrive local files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Onedrive local files: All of my Onedrive folders/files are set to "read-only". I went to properties on the Onedrive folder and cleared the checkmark on the read-only box. Applied the change to all floders/files. It appeared to go through all of them, but when I looked at any of the files they...