Windows 10: Local Group Policies reverting to [Not Defined]

Discus and support Local Group Policies reverting to [Not Defined] in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there, I'm trying to make it so my user name is not displayed on logon. Every time I change the group polices, they always revert back to [Not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by M4C, Feb 8, 2018.

1. M4C
    M4C Win User

Local Group Policies reverting to [Not Defined]

Hi there, I'm trying to make it so my user name is not displayed on logon. Every time I change the group polices, they always revert back to [Not Defined] on reset. I tried regedit and gpedit.msc.

Local Group Policies reverting to [Not Defined] [​IMG]

:)

2. Unable to unpin, resize or rename tiles on Windows 10 Start menu

You're welcome. I forgot to mention that if the Policy settings were originally set using the Local Group Policy Editor directly (Pro editions and higher), you need to revert back the settings there. Or else the setting will be enabled/applied again at
    every restart.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Feb 8, 2018
  3. Disable Flash in Edge Browser - Group Policy / Script / Unattend?

There is no pre-defined Group Policy Template with an option to Disable Flash in Edge.

Microsoft seem intent on limiting what an administrator can easily control, and have even blocked a number of Group Policy settings from applying on the Pro SKU of Windows 10 v1607. It's a worrying trend.

However, you can create a Group Policy Preference (rather than a Policy) and hardcode the Registry string and value.

This will achieve exactly what you want, and the setting will be distributed via normal Group Policy processing.

It will tattoo the Registry - whereas Group Policy doesn't.

JamesWillmott, Feb 8, 2018
Thema:

Local Group Policies reverting to [Not Defined]

1. Local Group Policies reverting to [Not Defined] - Similar Threads - Local Group Policies

2. local group policy

in Windows 10 Customization
    local group policy: I have windows 10 home edition 1903 and I need to edited the local group policy but I can't seem to find it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-group-policy/c696e164-1135-4b8b-b687-38f4b18d1f6f
  3. Group Policy

Group Policy: Hi, I have Windows 10 Home 1803. I need to install a software (Xprotect Essentials+) which fails with the message on enabling "specify settings for optional component installation and component repair" and WSUS in Group Policy. I figured that gpedit was missing, so I...
  4. Local group policy -user specific

Local group policy -user specific: Trying to move the local group policy I set up on one of my Windows 10 laptops to all my other windows 10 laptops. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-group-policy-user-specific/5392b7b6-66c8-46e0-84c4-52904a9aaac7
  5. Backup and Restore Local Group Policies

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup and Restore Local Group Policies: Is there a way to backup and restore all local and group policies entered in Windows 10? Is there a way to share local and group policy settings in Windows 10? I searched for Powershell scripts that can be used to change local and group policies but could not find any...
  6. Wireless Network (IEEE 802.11) Policies in local group policy ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless Network (IEEE 802.11) Policies in local group policy ?: Dear forum readers, I know it's possible to configure Wireless settings by policy. However it seems absent from the local group policy, which is where I would like to put it. How can I do ? Maybe it would work if I copy the corresponding "Wireless Network (IEEE 802.11)...
  7. applying local group policy

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    applying local group policy: Hi ive no experience applying group policy settings. What I'm hoping for is that I can have certain registry configurations applied cross all users. If I downloaded a registry.pol configuration, how do I apply this actually? So I've copied the file to...
  8. Group policy :/

in Windows 10 Support
    Group policy :/: Thanks to @topgundcp Update W-10 manually Which got me piddling around with the whole group/ user policy crap I have found to get rid of the silly lock screen at startup *Party Did think I got rid of some of the annoying web search from the search but seems the new...
  9. Local Group Policy Issue. Policy not changing. Glitch?

in Windows 10 Support
    Local Group Policy Issue. Policy not changing. Glitch?: Hello everyone. This is my first post to this forum. I hope someone can help me out. I am having a problem with Local Group Policy. I have been experimenting with this just for learning purposes and I am stumped by something. One of the first things I tried doing was removing...
  10. Defining groups in the Start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Defining groups in the Start menu: In W8.1 it was possible to define groups of tiles with titles for each group on the start screen. Has anybody figured ot how to do that in the W10 start menu. 5276

Users found this page by searching for:

1. something reverting windows 10 group policy