Windows 10: Local Group Policies reverting to [Not Defined]

Discus and support Local Group Policies reverting to [Not Defined] in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there, I'm trying to make it so my user name is not displayed on logon. Every time I change the group polices, they always revert back to [Not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by M4C, Feb 8, 2018.

1. M4C
    M4C Win User

Local Group Policies reverting to [Not Defined]

Hi there, I'm trying to make it so my user name is not displayed on logon. Every time I change the group polices, they always revert back to [Not Defined] on reset. I tried regedit and gpedit.msc.

Local Group Policies reverting to [Not Defined] [​IMG]

:)

2. Unable to unpin, resize or rename tiles on Windows 10 Start menu

You're welcome. I forgot to mention that if the Policy settings were originally set using the Local Group Policy Editor directly (Pro editions and higher), you need to revert back the settings there. Or else the setting will be enabled/applied again at
    every restart.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Feb 8, 2018
  3. Disable Flash in Edge Browser - Group Policy / Script / Unattend?

There is no pre-defined Group Policy Template with an option to Disable Flash in Edge.

Microsoft seem intent on limiting what an administrator can easily control, and have even blocked a number of Group Policy settings from applying on the Pro SKU of Windows 10 v1607. It's a worrying trend.

However, you can create a Group Policy Preference (rather than a Policy) and hardcode the Registry string and value.

This will achieve exactly what you want, and the setting will be distributed via normal Group Policy processing.

It will tattoo the Registry - whereas Group Policy doesn't.

JamesWillmott, Feb 8, 2018
Thema:

Local Group Policies reverting to [Not Defined]

1. Local Group Policies reverting to [Not Defined] - Similar Threads - Local Group Policies

2. Password policy on Local Group Policy Editor not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password policy on Local Group Policy Editor not working: Hi,I tried to prompt the user to input his new password after a period of time. For testing purpose, i set one day on the Maximum password age. However, the requiring input of password was not activated. after one day, the user was still not requested for submitting his new...
  3. Password policy on Local Group Policy Editor not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password policy on Local Group Policy Editor not working: Hi,I tried to prompt the user to input his new password after a period of time. For testing purpose, i set one day on the Maximum password age. However, the requiring input of password was not activated. after one day, the user was still not requested for submitting his new...
  4. Local Group Policy - PAC File

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local Group Policy - PAC File: Hello,Is there a place in the local group policy where I can specify a PAC file that applies to the computer for any user?Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-group-policy-pac-file/ff3827e7-44ca-4d5b-a537-70751622272d
  5. Local Group Policy - PAC File

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local Group Policy - PAC File: Hello,Is there a place in the local group policy where I can specify a PAC file that applies to the computer for any user?Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-group-policy-pac-file/ff3827e7-44ca-4d5b-a537-70751622272d
  6. Local group policies

Local group policies: Hello, I have issue with windows 10 home basic. There is no options for Administrative Templates inLocal Group Policies. Please resolve this issue...[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-group-policies/bdbb2977-adf0-4aed-a08d-4dd5601fffac
  7. local group policy

local group policy: I have windows 10 home edition 1903 and I need to edited the local group policy but I can't seem to find it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-group-policy/c696e164-1135-4b8b-b687-38f4b18d1f6f
  8. Backup and Restore Local Group Policies

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup and Restore Local Group Policies: Is there a way to backup and restore all local and group policies entered in Windows 10? Is there a way to share local and group policy settings in Windows 10? I searched for Powershell scripts that can be used to change local and group policies but could not find any...
  9. applying local group policy

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    applying local group policy: Hi ive no experience applying group policy settings. What I'm hoping for is that I can have certain registry configurations applied cross all users. If I downloaded a registry.pol configuration, how do I apply this actually? So I've copied the file to...
  10. Local Group Policy Issue. Policy not changing. Glitch?

in Windows 10 Support
    Local Group Policy Issue. Policy not changing. Glitch?: Hello everyone. This is my first post to this forum. I hope someone can help me out. I am having a problem with Local Group Policy. I have been experimenting with this just for learning purposes and I am stumped by something. One of the first things I tried doing was removing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to set local gpo to not defined

2. windows group policy reset to not defined

3. something reverting windows 10 group policy