Windows 10: Local Group Policy Editor for Windows 10 Home Edition

Discus and support Local Group Policy Editor for Windows 10 Home Edition in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Ever wondered if you can get gpedit.msc for Windows 10 Home? Well it is, and can be done fairly easily. But using gpedit.msc does have some limits... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ryan Jackson JAC0040, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Local Group Policy Editor for Windows 10 Home Edition

Ever wondered if you can get gpedit.msc for Windows 10 Home? Well it is, and can be done fairly easily.

But using gpedit.msc does have some limits and may not work as intended.

How can I try it?

Using any version of Windows 10 you are able to download the installer fromthis link. But like I mentioned above, using gpedit.msc on Windows 10 Home does have its limits and may not be compatible with your PC. When the file is downloaded go to your downloads folder right click and run as administrator.

What can it do and not do?

I have written a list bellow including its pros and cons.

Pro's

• Can edit logon/logoff scripts
    • Can edit/view Public Key Policies
    • Can edit Name Resolution Policy
    • Can edit Startup/Shutdown scripts

Con's

• Can't force a specific lock screen.
    • Can't remove recycle bin icon from desktop

If you find anything you can or can't do please comment bellow and I will add them in.

Is it legal?

Yes, it is completely legal and does not break Microsoft's user agreement in any way. All it does is download official Windows feature files. Yes it is true that you require to have Windows 10 Pro or above to get the full features. These features are limited so we don't break Microsoft's user agreement.

:)

Ryan Jackson JAC0040, Dec 9, 2020
  2. John DeV Win User

Local Group Policy Editor Win 10

Hello Dominik,

I'm John an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you. I understand you have a problem with Local Group policy editor not opening. What is your Windows version and edition? Press WIN+I, select System then About

If you're using Windows 10 Home edition then Local Group Policy Editor gpedit.msc is not available.

Open Local Group Policy Editor in Windows 10

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/79976-open-...

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any further concerns.

Sincerely

Independent Advisor

John DeV, Dec 9, 2020
  3. DavidBaileyyz, Dec 9, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Local Group Policy Editor for Windows 10 Home Edition

Group policy editor

Just to note, while you can technically enable the Local Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc) in a Windows 10 Home edition, it will not actually apply the policy settings.

They will only get applied in the supported Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions. You can set group policies manually in Registry Editor though.

*Arrow Group Policy Search

Brink, Dec 9, 2020
Thema:

Local Group Policy Editor for Windows 10 Home Edition

1. Local Group Policy Editor for Windows 10 Home Edition - Similar Threads - Local Group Policy

2. Password policy on Local Group Policy Editor not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password policy on Local Group Policy Editor not working: Hi,I tried to prompt the user to input his new password after a period of time. For testing purpose, i set one day on the Maximum password age. However, the requiring input of password was not activated. after one day, the user was still not requested for submitting his new...
  3. Password policy on Local Group Policy Editor not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password policy on Local Group Policy Editor not working: Hi,I tried to prompt the user to input his new password after a period of time. For testing purpose, i set one day on the Maximum password age. However, the requiring input of password was not activated. after one day, the user was still not requested for submitting his new...
  4. Password policy on Local Group Policy Editor not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How to install Group Policy Editor gpedit.msc on Win 10 Home Edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install Group Policy Editor gpedit.msc on Win 10 Home Edition: Danielski,I want to enable Windows Long Path on Win 10 Home Edition and "gpedit.msc" is missing. Therefore, I need to know how to install Group Policy Editor gpedit.msc....
  6. How to download local group policy editor on windows 10 home edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to download local group policy editor on windows 10 home edition: I've tried several different ways to download local group policy editor, and I am having no luck can someone please help?thank you,Stevie https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-download-local-group-policy-editor-on/468fa8b0-e938-4673-be9e-0baf40f321d4
  7. Local Group Policy Editor Win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local Group Policy Editor Win 10: Hello, I need help with getting into Local Group Policy Editor In Windows 10 I tried the gpedit in Command Prompt Or gpedit.msc in Run Anything like that won't work, i don't really know how to get into there, i even searched it in Cortana. Still, nothing does anyone know how...
  8. Windows 10 Home Group Policy Editor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Home Group Policy Editor: I have windows 10 Home installed. From what I understand is that Group Policy Editor is not available on the Home edition. However I can open it with gpd.msc. Does it mean that it works on my HOME edition?...
  9. Group Policy Editor on Windows 10 Home

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Group Policy Editor on Windows 10 Home: hi, I am trying to set up my home computer with different profiles so that my kids can't access the same part of the computer as me. I am therefore trying to do this by setting up different profiles and using Group Policy Editor. However I am using Windows 10 Home edition...
  10. Open Local Group Policy Editor in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open Local Group Policy Editor in Windows 10: How to: Open Local Group Policy Editor in Windows 10 How to Open the Local Group Policy Editor in Windows 10 The Local Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc) is a Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in that provides a single user interface through which all the the...