Windows 10: Local Group Policy Max/Min password age not working (Win 10 Pro v1903)

Discus and support Local Group Policy Max/Min password age not working (Win 10 Pro v1903) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello to all on TenForums, hope you are keeping well. It's my first post, hope you can advise. I'm following instructions on how to set the min/max... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SeanB, Nov 29, 2019.

1. SeanB Win User

Local Group Policy Max/Min password age not working (Win 10 Pro v1903)

Hello to all on TenForums, hope you are keeping well.
    It's my first post, hope you can advise.

I'm following instructions on how to set the min/max password age on a number of Win 10 Pro laptops (v1903) but it's just not working and I have no idea what I am doing wrong. Have followed the simple instructions via SECPOL > Account Policies > Password Policy - but when I set the maximum age to 2days and minimum age to 1day nothing happens after 2 days - no prompt that my password has expired etc. Any ideas?

Much appreciated.
    All my very best

:)

SeanB, Nov 29, 2019

2. local group policy

Hello,

Unfortunately, Windows 10 Home doesn't have GPO snap-in. You need to upgrade to Pro edition to edit Group Policy settings.

Regards.

Kapil Arya MVP, Nov 29, 2019
  3. The password you entered doesn't meet password policy requirements.

Pro

Windows 10 Pro ver 1709 build 16299.309

already did that 2 days ago

no change

from Group Policy Management

Computer Configuration - Windows Settings - Security Settings - Account Policy - Password Policy

Policy Security Setting

Enforce password history:
    0 passwords remembered

Maximum password age: 0

Minimum password age: 0 days

Minimum password length: 0 characters

Password must meet complexity requirements: Disabled

Store passwords using reversible encryption: Disabled

from Local Security Policy (secpol.msc)

Security Settings - Account Policy - Password Policy

Policy Security Setting

Enforce password history: 0 passwords remembered

Maximum password age: 0

Minimum password age: 0 days

Minimum password length: 0 characters

Password must meet complexity requirements: Disabled

Store passwords using reversible encryption: Disabled

RAGriffith, Nov 29, 2019
  4. Local Group Policy Max/Min password age not working (Win 10 Pro v1903)

Windows 10 pro cannot apply local account password from group policy (Win2008R2)

Windows 10 client machine can create local account from group policy but not password?

abc123tttaaaabc123tttaaa, Nov 29, 2019
Thema:

Local Group Policy Max/Min password age not working (Win 10 Pro v1903)

1. Local Group Policy Max/Min password age not working (Win 10 Pro v1903) - Similar Threads - Local Group Policy

2. Local Group Policy Max/Min password age not working (Win 10 Pro v1903)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Local Group Policy Max/Min password age not working (Win 10 Pro v1903): Hello to all on TenForums, hope you are keeping well. It's my first post, hope you can advise. I'm following instructions on how to set the min/max password age on a number of Win 10 Pro laptops (v1903) but it's just not working and I have no idea what I am doing wrong. Have...
  3. Configuring max/min password age via Local Group Policy on Windows 10 laptops (v1903)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Configuring max/min password age via Local Group Policy on Windows 10 laptops (v1903): Hi Guys, hope you can advise. I'm following instructions on how to set the min/max password age on a number of Win 10 Pro laptops (v1903) but it's just not working and I have no idea what I am doing wrong. Have followed the simple instructions via SECPOL > Account Policies >...
  4. local group policy

in Windows 10 Customization
    local group policy: I have windows 10 home edition 1903 and I need to edited the local group policy but I can't seem to find it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-group-policy/c696e164-1135-4b8b-b687-38f4b18d1f6f
  5. Local group policy -user specific

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local group policy -user specific: Trying to move the local group policy I set up on one of my Windows 10 laptops to all my other windows 10 laptops. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-group-policy-user-specific/5392b7b6-66c8-46e0-84c4-52904a9aaac7
  6. Group Policy, Local Policy Used to Limit Access WIN 10 Home

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Group Policy, Local Policy Used to Limit Access WIN 10 Home: I am just wondering how GP, LP, and RDP/RDC are being used to limit my access and install, configure and manage my system resources when I only have Windows 10 Home which should not contain those capabilities. I certainly do not have access to gpedit, or LP, and no matter...
  7. Windows 10 pro cannot apply local account password from group policy (Win2008R2)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 pro cannot apply local account password from group policy (Win2008R2): Windows 10 client machine can create local account from group policy but not password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/windows-10-pro-cannot-apply-local-account-password/0c8cfa29-8d4e-479e-9a9f-88798d38f97d"
  8. applying local group policy

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    applying local group policy: Hi ive no experience applying group policy settings. What I'm hoping for is that I can have certain registry configurations applied cross all users. If I downloaded a registry.pol configuration, how do I apply this actually? So I've copied the file to...
  9. Local Group Policies reverting to [Not Defined]

in Windows 10 Support
    Local Group Policies reverting to [Not Defined]: Hi there, I'm trying to make it so my user name is not displayed on logon. Every time I change the group polices, they always revert back to [Not Defined] on reset. I tried regedit and gpedit.msc. [img] 104004
  10. Can I somehow password protect Local Group Policy?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I somehow password protect Local Group Policy?: So here's my issue. I want to block some programs from ever running on the computer. I do that either by using applocker or Software Restriction policies blocking the name of the executables and their digital signature which works great. The problem is I don't want to make...