Windows 10: Local Group Policy Max/Min password age not working (Win 10 Pro v1903)

Discus and support Local Group Policy Max/Min password age not working (Win 10 Pro v1903) in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello to all on TenForums, hope you are keeping well. It's my first post, hope you can advise. I'm following instructions on how to set the min/max... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by SeanB, Nov 29, 2019.

1. SeanB Win User

Local Group Policy Max/Min password age not working (Win 10 Pro v1903)

Hello to all on TenForums, hope you are keeping well.
    It's my first post, hope you can advise.

I'm following instructions on how to set the min/max password age on a number of Win 10 Pro laptops (v1903) but it's just not working and I have no idea what I am doing wrong. Have followed the simple instructions via SECPOL > Account Policies > Password Policy - but when I set the maximum age to 2days and minimum age to 1day nothing happens after 2 days - no prompt that my password has expired etc. Any ideas?

Much appreciated.
    All my very best

:)

SeanB, Nov 29, 2019

2. local group policy

Hello,

Unfortunately, Windows 10 Home doesn't have GPO snap-in. You need to upgrade to Pro edition to edit Group Policy settings.

Regards.

Kapil Arya MVP, Nov 29, 2019
  3. The password you entered doesn't meet password policy requirements.

Pro

Windows 10 Pro ver 1709 build 16299.309

already did that 2 days ago

no change

from Group Policy Management

Computer Configuration - Windows Settings - Security Settings - Account Policy - Password Policy

Policy Security Setting

Enforce password history:
    0 passwords remembered

Maximum password age: 0

Minimum password age: 0 days

Minimum password length: 0 characters

Password must meet complexity requirements: Disabled

Store passwords using reversible encryption: Disabled

from Local Security Policy (secpol.msc)

Security Settings - Account Policy - Password Policy

Policy Security Setting

Enforce password history: 0 passwords remembered

Maximum password age: 0

Minimum password age: 0 days

Minimum password length: 0 characters

Password must meet complexity requirements: Disabled

Store passwords using reversible encryption: Disabled

RAGriffith, Nov 29, 2019
  4. Local Group Policy Max/Min password age not working (Win 10 Pro v1903)

Windows 10 pro cannot apply local account password from group policy (Win2008R2)

Windows 10 client machine can create local account from group policy but not password?

abc123tttaaaabc123tttaaa, Nov 29, 2019
Thema:

Local Group Policy Max/Min password age not working (Win 10 Pro v1903)

1. Local Group Policy Max/Min password age not working (Win 10 Pro v1903) - Similar Threads - Local Group Policy

2. Password policy on Local Group Policy Editor not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password policy on Local Group Policy Editor not working: Hi,I tried to prompt the user to input his new password after a period of time. For testing purpose, i set one day on the Maximum password age. However, the requiring input of password was not activated. after one day, the user was still not requested for submitting his new...
  3. Password policy on Local Group Policy Editor not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password policy on Local Group Policy Editor not working: Hi,I tried to prompt the user to input his new password after a period of time. For testing purpose, i set one day on the Maximum password age. However, the requiring input of password was not activated. after one day, the user was still not requested for submitting his new...
  4. Password policy on Local Group Policy Editor not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Password age policies

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password age policies: Hello,I have configured and assigned password age policy 90 days but password age effected default policy 42 days.I checked my computer password age policies if it is 42 days or 90 days. It was 90 days.Where else do I need to check?...
  6. Password age policies

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password age policies: Hello,I have configured and assigned password age policy 90 days but password age effected default policy 42 days.I checked my computer password age policies if it is 42 days or 90 days. It was 90 days.Where else do I need to check?...
  7. Password age policies

8. Local Group Policy Editor Win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local Group Policy Editor Win 10: Hello, I need help with getting into Local Group Policy Editor In Windows 10 I tried the gpedit in Command Prompt Or gpedit.msc in Run Anything like that won't work, i don't really know how to get into there, i even searched it in Cortana. Still, nothing does anyone know how...
  9. Configuring max/min password age via Local Group Policy on Windows 10 laptops (v1903)

Configuring max/min password age via Local Group Policy on Windows 10 laptops (v1903): Hi Guys, hope you can advise. I'm following instructions on how to set the min/max password age on a number of Win 10 Pro laptops (v1903) but it's just not working and I have no idea what I am doing wrong. Have followed the simple instructions via SECPOL > Account Policies >...
  10. Local Group Policy Max/Min password age not working (Win 10 Pro v1903)

in Windows 10 Support
    Local Group Policy Max/Min password age not working (Win 10 Pro v1903): Hello to all on TenForums, hope you are keeping well. It's my first post, hope you can advise. I'm following instructions on how to set the min/max password age on a number of Win 10 Pro laptops (v1903) but it's just not working and I have no idea what I am doing wrong. Have...