Windows 10: Local network drives occasionally have trouble connecting

Discus and support Local network drives occasionally have trouble connecting in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a handful of local folders mapped to network drive letters for ease of navigation. Their mappings are something like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by milo_medic, Sep 28, 2022.

1. Local network drives occasionally have trouble connecting

I have a handful of local folders mapped to network drive letters for ease of navigation. Their mappings are something like \\localhost\c$\Example\Example2 as my V drive.On occasion, these drives fail to connect and/or take forever to connect. I have not been able to pin down a rhyme or reason to when they exhibit this behavior: it happens whether or not I am connected to the internet, have just booted the PC or have been working for several hours, am trying to connect via File Explorer or an orthodox file manager program I often use, or click on a shortcut that has those drive letters mapped

:)

milo_medic, Sep 28, 2022
  2. cereberus Win User

Trouble setting up homegroup on local network?

I find Homegroups more trouble than they are worth. I just set up conventional network shares on each pc, which means you can connect androids etc as well.

I set up each pc on my network as follows in three screenshots. I actually turn off passwords as I am only person on the newtwork.

Obviously, use passwords if you want to restrict others accessing your drives.

You then simply set up appropriate drives and folders as shared.

Local network drives occasionally have trouble connecting [​IMG]

cereberus, Sep 28, 2022
  3. Claus cph Win User
    cannot connect to network drive

Following upgrade from win 10 1909 to may 2020 , I lost connection to some of my network drives!? Tried most suggestions on the net but none worked. To be more specific occasionally connection to these network drives are restored just to disappear again
    in a shortly after. Never had this problem before the upgrade.

Claus cph, Sep 28, 2022
  4. Local network drives occasionally have trouble connecting

Missing field Connect using in Local Area Connection Properties

Have you tried uninstalling the Network Adapter? Since there is no properties in the Local Area Connection, we suggest that you uninstall the Network Adapter. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows Key + R.
    • Type devmgmt.msc.
    • Right click on the Network Adapter.
    • Select Uninstall.
    • Select Ok.
    • Select Scan for Hardware changes.
    Update us on the results.

Reymichael Ros, Sep 28, 2022
Thema:

Local network drives occasionally have trouble connecting

1. Local network drives occasionally have trouble connecting - Similar Threads - Local network drives

2. Local network drives occasionally have trouble connecting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Local network drives occasionally have trouble connecting: I have a handful of local folders mapped to network drive letters for ease of navigation. Their mappings are something like \\localhost\c$\Example\Example2 as my V drive.On occasion, these drives fail to connect and/or take forever to connect. I have not been able to pin down...
  3. Local network drives occasionally have trouble connecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local network drives occasionally have trouble connecting: I have a handful of local folders mapped to network drive letters for ease of navigation. Their mappings are something like \\localhost\c$\Example\Example2 as my V drive.On occasion, these drives fail to connect and/or take forever to connect. I have not been able to pin down...
  4. Local Area Connection trouble

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Area Connection trouble: I have a Local Area Network made up of 4 desktop computers connected via and Ethernet router, as well as two tablets, 1 Fire Cube, and 2 Firesticks all of which use WiFi which is built into the modem supplied by my ISP.When I click on the Network icon I get a list on one...
  5. Local Area Connection trouble

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local Area Connection trouble: I have a Local Area Network made up of 4 desktop computers connected via and Ethernet router, as well as two tablets, 1 Fire Cube, and 2 Firesticks all of which use WiFi which is built into the modem supplied by my ISP.When I click on the Network icon I get a list on one...
  6. Local Area Connection trouble

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Trouble Connecting Network Drive to OneDrive

Trouble Connecting Network Drive to OneDrive: New to me computer running Windows 10 -1909 build 18363.900. Encountering a problem when assigning a network drive to my OneDrive account. Connecting works fine using my OneDrive account https://d.docs.live.netnnnnnn and password, but after a reboot, restart, or sign-in,...
  8. wireless network connectivity trouble

wireless network connectivity trouble: hi everyone I am a windows insider as well as a technology geek and need wifi for everything. but recently as I updated to 1909 my computer is not showing any available network when other devices does it. even in adapter options and in the device manager the wireless network...
  9. Having trouble taking ownership of USB network drive

Having trouble taking ownership of USB network drive: I have a 2TB USB drive connected to my router and I am currently copying my media files to it so I can access them from other devices. All seems to be working but at times have trouble with not having permission to change/delete files. When I try to to change the owner to...
  10. Trouble with bridged network connection.

Trouble with bridged network connection.: I've got a Windows 10 pc here connected via a wired connection and sometimes my friend comes over and we play games, also on a windows 10 pc. Normally to give him internet access I put a network cable between my pc and his through my second ethernet port (the motherboard...