Windows 10: Local Network & File Sharing on Windows 11

Discus and support Local Network & File Sharing on Windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,I'm having an issue sharing files between two computers on my home wifi network.I have two PC's one downstairs and one upstairs, both with Win 11... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ConfusedOrange, Mar 11, 2022.

1. Local Network & File Sharing on Windows 11

Hi,I'm having an issue sharing files between two computers on my home wifi network.I have two PC's one downstairs and one upstairs, both with Win 11 Pro and using the same account.I have set these up to share over a private network in network and in control panel. When I look at the network in windows explorer on each computer I can see the other machine.However, when I try to access the folders, it asks for my credentials. I'm assuming that the user name is not my Microsoft account name, but the smaller name that windows uses. I put in my details and pin code , it tells me that these are

:)

ConfusedOrange, Mar 11, 2022
  2. Try3 Win User

How to share file access on private network

It thinks you are trying to create an MSAccount-based user account. You only want to create a local user account.

The tutorial listed in step 2 my linked procedure does take you through how to do this.
    A consolidated network setup checklist [post #108] - TenForumsTutorials

Denis

3. Try3 Win User
    How to share file access on private network

I've worked through my own network setting up notes and posted A consolidated network setup checklist [post #108] - TenForumsTutorials

I thought providing a complete list would be more helpful than just posting additional steps as I initially did in post #6 above.

Denis

4. Local Network & File Sharing on Windows 11

SHARING FILES WITH WINDOWS 7

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Have you made any changes on your PC?
    • Did you perform any Windows update recently?
    • Are you connected to Domain network?

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if that helps.

1. To share files over file explorer refer the following

article
    2. Refer article for
      file sharing
      over a network.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking, Yes or No.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Mar 11, 2022
Thema:

Local Network & File Sharing on Windows 11

1. Local Network & File Sharing on Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Local Network File

2. Windows 11 Network file sharing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Network file sharing: I am trying to file share between two Windows 11 PC's on the same network, when I see the second PC on the network and click on it I am asked to enter my credentials even though I have disabled password protection....
  3. Windows 11 Network file sharing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Network file sharing: I am trying to file share between two Windows 11 PC's on the same network, when I see the second PC on the network and click on it I am asked to enter my credentials even though I have disabled password protection....
  4. Local Network & File Sharing on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local Network & File Sharing on Windows 11: Hi,I'm having an issue sharing files between two computers on my home wifi network.I have two PC's one downstairs and one upstairs, both with Win 11 Pro and using the same account.I have set these up to share over a private network in network and in control panel. When I look...
  5. File Sharing Over a local network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Sharing Over a local network: I am trying to access my old PC which is on my home network. The system is detected but when I click it it asks for credentials and will not accept my Microsoft password. I use the same account to sign into both systems and it works fine to sign in to either one individually...
  6. Unable to share files on local network

Unable to share files on local network: Why has Microsoft disabled the file sharing capabilities for home users? Ever since Homegroups were tossed out, sharing files between our families PC's has become a real challenge. This time of year tax time makes this really frustrating as - being the "accountant" for our...
  7. File sharing issue on a local Network

File sharing issue on a local Network: I have 2 computers at home running windows 10, same microsoft login Now when I'm connect to my personal LAN I would like to have both computers being able to browse each others files, so I can use the local network to transfer files both ways I tried giving all...
  8. Local file sharing via Ethernet network with Windows 10

Local file sharing via Ethernet network with Windows 10: I have a PC with upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 ver 1909 Build 18363.592. I also have a laptop with a new install Windows 10 Home ver 1903 build 18362.592. They are the only workstations on a home network connected via Ethernet. They both use Norton Internet...
  9. Windows 10 File Sharing on local network

Windows 10 File Sharing on local network: On my home network there are two PCs - call them A and B. Each PC has two user accounts - call them 1 and 2. The same user -name and login password is used on both PCs. Both PCs are running "Windows 10 Home" - no other version information is given in Control Panel/System....
  10. Data Sharing on a local network

Data Sharing on a local network: Good Morning, I decided to register an account here, as i think this forum is interesting because i had an opportunity to search some tutorials and see some threads in the forum, so i'm new here. I also decided to create this post, since i have a problem i can't seem to...