Windows 10: Local Network Filesharing

Discus and support Local Network Filesharing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I and other people in the office cannot access the local filesharing from today. It used to work properly but for some reasons we cannot access it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SalehKamrani, Nov 29, 2021.

1. Local Network Filesharing

I and other people in the office cannot access the local filesharing from today. It used to work properly but for some reasons we cannot access it anymore. The error I get when I click on Fileshare is: The drive or network connection that the shortcut "Fileshare.Ink" refers to is unavailable. Make sure that the disc is properly inserted or the network resource is available, and then try again.We tried some ways including the following but it did not work:Open Start > Settings > Network & Internet > StatusScroll to the bottomClick Network and Sharing CenterClick Change advanced sha

:)

SalehKamrani, Nov 29, 2021

2. Cannot install local/network HP 1102 printer. administrator keeps blocking app.

Hi Chris,

• Is your Printer connected to a Local network or Domain network?
    • Do you get any error message?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the same issue occurs here as well.

Here are the steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select
      Family and other users
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.

Kindly get back to us with the above information and status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Nov 29, 2021
  3. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Nov 29, 2021
  4. MJW77CA Win User

Local Network Filesharing

Ethernet Light Orange/ "Local Area Network" Not in Network List

Last night I noticed my ethernet light on the back of my computer was orange. I did some research to find the reason. Some websites said it was an increased connection speed. Others said a problem with the connection.
    The local area network is no longer in the list of network connections and the other computer in my house has a green light on the ethernet port.
    I've used all the cmd.exe ipconfig steps suggested by websites. Flush dns, reset dns, etc. I've also used the network troubleshooter in windows10 which told me a problem was not found.
    Nothing seems to change the light back to green. Can someone help me find the problem so I can fix it?

MJW77CA, Nov 29, 2021
Thema:

Local Network Filesharing

1. Local Network Filesharing - Similar Threads - Local Network Filesharing

2. FSLogix on SOFS Fileshare

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FSLogix on SOFS Fileshare: HiI need to implement FSLogix in an on-prem RDS-environment. The customer has SOFS where the share for the profiles would be stored. Is SOFS any good for FSLogix?thanks in advance...
  3. FSLogix on SOFS Fileshare

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FSLogix on SOFS Fileshare: HiI need to implement FSLogix in an on-prem RDS-environment. The customer has SOFS where the share for the profiles would be stored. Is SOFS any good for FSLogix?thanks in advance...
  4. Local Network Filesharing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Network Filesharing: I and other people in the office cannot access the local filesharing from today. It used to work properly but for some reasons we cannot access it anymore. The error I get when I click on Fileshare is: The drive or network connection that the shortcut "Fileshare.Ink" refers...
  5. Local Network Filesharing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local Network Filesharing: I and other people in the office cannot access the local filesharing from today. It used to work properly but for some reasons we cannot access it anymore. The error I get when I click on Fileshare is: The drive or network connection that the shortcut "Fileshare.Ink" refers...
  6. Local network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Local network: Since Microsoft removed HomeGroup I have been unable to connect my computers for File and Printer sharing. I have made sure all the settings are correct, I have found various suggestions about Services, none of which help. This is very frustrating, why can't they leave well...
  7. Set network for filesharing and different network (wifi) for internet

Set network for filesharing and different network (wifi) for internet: Hello folks! I am having trouble in setting up my home network vs. my internet connection via WiFi. I have two PCs which I connected directly with a twisted pair LAN cable. Both PCs are also connected to my modem/wifi router via wifi antennas. My appartment is not suitable...
  8. local network

local network: My local network does not have "homegroup" in has another group "2network" is there a way to add homegroup to this computer so I can logon to my existing network, my other computers are running win10 and win7....
  9. Local Network

Local Network: I have 2 laptops on a local network but while both are shown and connected on one laptop, only one is open, to be connected on the other laptop, despite the fact that the missing one is listed under other devices as not connected...
  10. Updates on Local Network

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updates on Local Network: If I have three computers on local network and only one has internet access will this update all machines on local network? [img] 41718