Windows 10: Local network setup

Discus and support Local network setup in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How to set up a local network in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-network-setup/b7189aa5-5f0e-4040-aeea-f423ecc7c5a4 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DonTolmie, Jan 12, 2021.

1. DonTolmie Win User

Local network setup

How to set up a local network in Windows 10

:)

DonTolmie, Jan 12, 2021

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Jan 12, 2021
  3. Cannot install local/network HP 1102 printer. administrator keeps blocking app.

Hi Chris,

• Is your Printer connected to a Local network or Domain network?
    • Do you get any error message?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the same issue occurs here as well.

Here are the steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select
      Family and other users
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.

Kindly get back to us with the above information and status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 12, 2021
  4. Local network setup

If I do a reset this PC, can I setup local user password network share

I was wanting to share files on the LAN but it requires a password. If I do a reset, sign in with a PIN and my Microsoft account, how can I setup a local user password so that I can share files on the LAN?

Lot of work just to do that one thing.

Anyone have a step by step? There is apparently an unknown local password set and it can not be changed. I login with PIN on all my PC.

sdowney717, Jan 12, 2021
Thema:

Local network setup

1. Local network setup - Similar Threads - Local network setup

2. home network setup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    home network setup: About the 5th time I've attempted to reestablish wireless connection from my desktop pc to my laptop, and also laptop to printer thru desktop. It used to work fine, now I can access desktop thru LT but can't even see LP from DT. Web and windows support seems to go in endless...
  3. Small Network Setup

Small Network Setup: I have a router and a switch. They are connected to each other. I have 3 computers: C1, C2, C3. C1 connects to router via wireless. C2 and C3 connects to switch. Some computers use fixed IP. I can use Windows Explorer shared folder to connect between C2 and C3. I...
  4. Setup for network storage

Setup for network storage: I have just been give a Sandisk Extreme SSD storage device. I wanted to use it to automatically backup my 2 computers on my network. I plugged it into the USB socket on the back of my BT home hub 6 router, and it shows as usb device. My question is, how to I get the 2...
  5. Setup network

Setup network: How do I network a pc thats connected to a cabel modem, to a lap top that is connected to a wifi that is connected to the cabel modem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setup-network/17b7b2d0-c1a0-4dd1-9a0a-594d05c64593
  6. Local network

Local network: Since Microsoft removed HomeGroup I have been unable to connect my computers for File and Printer sharing. I have made sure all the settings are correct, I have found various suggestions about Services, none of which help. This is very frustrating, why can't they leave well...
  7. local network

local network: My local network does not have "homegroup" in has another group "2network" is there a way to add homegroup to this computer so I can logon to my existing network, my other computers are running win10 and win7....
  8. Local Network

Local Network: I have 2 laptops on a local network but while both are shown and connected on one laptop, only one is open, to be connected on the other laptop, despite the fact that the missing one is listed under other devices as not connected...
  9. What components are required to setup a local area network ?

What components are required to setup a local area network ?: I just bought an HP Officejet printer and I want to set up a local wifi network to utilize the printer as a network printer so multiple devices on the same network can utilize it, via it's ePrint feature. What components do I need to accomplish this ?...
  10. network setup name

network setup name: when I set up my network I didn't get to name it. how do I change it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-setup-name/c7db09b8-f504-42e2-b527-7d27b4d04578