Windows 10: Local network transfers continue after they claim they are finished

Discus and support Local network transfers continue after they claim they are finished in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey everybody, I have no idea if anyone can help me with this, because it's so weird, but here goes. I recently upgraded a laptop of mine to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by unni, Oct 7, 2015.

1. unni Win User

Local network transfers continue after they claim they are finished

Hey everybody,

I have no idea if anyone can help me with this, because it's so weird, but here goes.

I recently upgraded a laptop of mine to Windows 10 (clean install). I often transfer files to and from this laptop with a desktop (rng Windows 8.1) on my home network. When I do this, I get the standard copying progress box, which shows the files being sent. The box hits 100%, and goes away, but sometimes it the file has not been completely sent.

If I leave both computers connected and try to access the files from the destination system, after a delay, the transfer seems to complete in the background and the file loads. However, if I don't bother to load the files, then I run into major problems. On my 8.1 box, the file is simply truncated; a few kb are missing from the end of it. This is bad enough, but on my Windows 10 box, opening the folder containing the file causes explorer to crash and I have to restart it in task manager. The next time I reconnect the two computers, it only takes a few seconds for Windows to fix the issue and finish copying the file, but as you can imagine, this is super frustrating.

Any ideas at all? It doesn't happen every single time, but it happens fairly often. It doesn't seem to matter whether I connect using my wifi or if I plug into my router with a CAT-5. I feel like it has to be some kind of background network transfer service that's not working right, but I have no idea how to change/disable it.

Thanks.

:)

unni, Oct 7, 2015
  2. KoenDeco Win User

Modern apps stop working and claim they are desktop apps

Problem keeps on returning. With Photos, Calculator, Store ...

I need another solution instead of making new others.

Koen

KoenDeco, Oct 7, 2015
  3. Modern apps stop working and claim they are desktop apps

Yes, Windows automatically creates a restore point when you install desktop apps and new Windows updates, if the last restore point is older than 7 days. You can also create a restore point manually at any time. In
    view of the same, I have suggested you to create a manual restore point for that date, whenever you think the PC is working great. However it’s your convenient.

Coming to the second issue, this will happens when system files get impacted. In simple, when some corruption occurs with the registry files or some system files, that point to the file
    Associate type. In that scenario, you may require to modify windows registry files to fix the issue. Moreover there is no guarantee that will fix the issue and also it not recommended to do changes for windows registry. Serious
    problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Oct 7, 2015
Thema:

Local network transfers continue after they claim they are finished

1. Local network transfers continue after they claim they are finished - Similar Threads - Local network transfers

2. Not able to transfer or receive files on PC using local network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not able to transfer or receive files on PC using local network: I'm trying to be able to transfer files using a shared folder that I connected with my phone. I have already set this up previously but I accidentally signed into my shared profile instead of my regular profile and I think that's what messed it up. Now when I type ipconfig...
  3. Update never finish but it will continue on restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update never finish but it will continue on restarting: My update runs forever and never finish. It will restart my computer multiple times and will not stop until I force shutdown my computer. I need my computer for my work so I need to finish it but as soon I check my settings the update never install. I need some Microsoft to...
  4. Update never finish but it will continue on restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update never finish but it will continue on restarting: My update runs forever and never finish. It will restart my computer multiple times and will not stop until I force shutdown my computer. I need my computer for my work so I need to finish it but as soon I check my settings the update never install. I need some Microsoft to...
  5. Update never finish but it will continue on restarting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Local network

Local network: Since Microsoft removed HomeGroup I have been unable to connect my computers for File and Printer sharing. I have made sure all the settings are correct, I have found various suggestions about Services, none of which help. This is very frustrating, why can't they leave well...
  7. Fastest way to transfer files in local network (cabled)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fastest way to transfer files in local network (cabled): If I have two PC connected to the same router , what would be the fastest way to transfer files? SMB, FTP or should I simple use a cable to connect the two PC? submitted by /u/Skodd [link] [comments]...
  8. local network

local network: My local network does not have "homegroup" in has another group "2network" is there a way to add homegroup to this computer so I can logon to my existing network, my other computers are running win10 and win7....
  9. windows 10 transfer files over local network not working

windows 10 transfer files over local network not working: Hi, I've been using this for some time and most of the time it worked fine. lately when I'm trying to transfer files from one shared folder to another on my local network the files won't get transfered and it stucks on 0% forever. Any idea?...
  10. Local Networking Fails after Sleep

Local Networking Fails after Sleep: One of the supposed fixes in the 1809 update was for the long-reported failure of computers unable to see each other on a local network. Well, it's NOT fixed! Whenever one or other computer sleeps the network connection fails, making a reboot the only remedy. All the...